Cosmosis - Akashic

Quite recently William Bill Halsey has treated us with his "Trancendance" album. Now he is back on Holophonic Records with another Cosmosis-candy to tickle those psychedelic taste buds...

Cosmosis - Akashic

Holophonic Records, 2005

1. Key To The Innerverse

2. Gift Of The Gods

3. Moonshine

4. Intergalactic Fluoro Funkster

5. Just Say No

6. Find Your Own Divinity

7. The First Step

8. Dissociation

9. Down At The Crossroads

Info taken from Psyshop:

Due to repeated requests for the re-issue of the classic Cosmosis albums, Cosmosology and Synergy, Holophonic Records is proud to present Cosmosis 'Akashic'. Akashic contains those Cosmosis classics that have been an integral part of the soundtrack to Psy-trance's global alternative culture. From it's humble beginings the beaches of Goa in the early nineties, to it's present state; a scene that boasts international outdoor trance festivals on most continents around the world.

Psyshop:

www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/hol/hol1cd605.html

Saikosounds:

www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=4973

(Expected: July 18, 2005)

A nice idea, as the old albums of Bilbo are mostly out of stock, but than again it's too bad we get the material presented before instead of (2 nice options come to my mind):

1. A compilation of his V.A./EP tracks, like "Howling At The Moon" (95% of today's psytrtance music can suck this track's balls), "Grindwinder" (now that was dark psychedelic trance !), "Deus" (very uplifting), "Do It!", "Visitors" (a humorous and funky masterpiece made with Shakta), "Pigs In Space" (massive tune), "Doors Of Perception (<bow_down_mode_on>)... the list goes on...

2. An album with new (chillout!) tunes. I mean, come on, this guy has made brilliant chillout track. Do You remember "Roswell", "Skankadelic" or the recent "Tim's Trip"? Nothing but fabulous stuff!

Anyhow, this will be a nice collector's item and a fine addition to the menu for those who haven't been with Halsey's music in the previous years (and I bet that there are plenty of such people). To the "newbies": check out what the truely psychedelic trance music is all about. PS. This one will probably with a cover by the one and only Frederick NOS. Psyshop has a temporary substitute - the cover of the "Synergy" album.

What a great idea Cosmosis have made some awesome tunes and it looks like a lot of them are on here, shame though i really thought Spores from Space might have been on it. But there is a limit to how many tunes you can stick on a cd, a double cd would still probably not have had enough space for a group with so many great tracks.

• 3 months later...

1. A compilation of his V.A./EP tracks, like "Howling At The Moon" (95% of today's psytrtance music can suck this track's balls), "Grindwinder" (now that was dark psychedelic trance !), "Deus" (very uplifting), "Do It!", "Visitors" (a humorous and funky masterpiece made with Shakta), "Pigs In Space" (massive tune), "Doors Of Perception (<bow_down_mode_on>)... the list goes on...

Yes, Im also missing howling at the moon, that track is one of the best he ever made(IMHO)

peace

Nice cover indeed. ;)

Yes, there are some GREAT (!!!) songs on this album, and no bad ones, no doubt. However there are no singles either. There seems to be nothing here for people who have his first two albums. :huh:

They can't choose all favorites of course because it would NOT FIT ... and why not just re-issue the first two classic Cosmosis albums all over again? Hmmm... Well I suppose giving it a fresh face is like a different more up-to-date approach. That's cool, and I own both copies of the first two so I won't be getting this, however...

People not or "not as" familiar with (or can't find and buy) the first two classic Cosmosis albums, and who want to hear SOME of the greatest tunes in psy/goa trance should probably consider this. It's basically a greatest hits album without Cosmosis singles, not saying he didn't have any great songs after his first two albums, but his first two albums as a whole were definitely considered the best.

I wish he made new songs great like the old ones, not with occasional touches and flavor here and there. His new album sounds like a shadow of his former-self, when compared to his old albums. However I haven't heard all his singles and would probably find a comp of his best singles more intriging for me. <_<

Seeing that Billy didn't include any of the off-albums tracks here restores the hope that he really thinks about releasing a singles collection (Howling at the moon, Pigs in space, Doors of perception, Reality check, Caves of medusa etc.)... I'm sure he'd find lots more buyers fot that compilation than for this one, because many people got all his albums, but not everyone buy compilations...