Fuck agitato records

traveller

"6.06.05 very sad to report i am again having problems with agitato and it seems impossible to contact them. i don't know what is going on with the album right now except that they told me it was at the manufacturers over a week ago and would be released "everywhere" on July 5th. i asked for specific places so i could post here where you might find or buy it and they would only tell me that "it will be everywhere". they also emailed me to inform me that due to their private calculations i will only be paid 570 euros for the album. this is 14 tracks made with the most killer producers of our scene. the usual minimum for a track on a comp is 500 dollars. with my 570 euros i will be able to pay the amazing folk that helped me (ie did most of the production work) between 10 and 20 euros each. that doesn't even cover the cost of tea drunk let alone studio hire and time. i am shocked. i am also debating releasing my album for free download as at least that way the music will be heard. the artwork was made by my friend Emily (see links). if anyone knows what i should do or has a huge server for the album please post on the forum.

many thanks and love

michele

xxx"

man that album has the sweetest fucking tracklist imaginable and they'll pay her 570 €? WTF? Goes w/out saying that no agitato record should ever be paid of again. Download them all..

agitato_records@bezeqint.net <--tell them how you feel

Amir@agitato.co.il

Chen@agitato.co.il

Oren@agitato.co.il

http://www.micheleadamson.com/

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if this was a guy, you wouldn't care right? ;)

Agitato may sucks but Michele Adamson sucks even more.

So It's a draw

291733[/snapback]

You know the album is done with Twisted Records posse and some Israelis.. can't be that bad now can it B)

It doesn't matter what music is in. What matters is that somebody invested his best time, talent and money in this project and she was ripped off. BTW, this is the first time i hear something like that from Agitato. They are usually quite reliable. I hope and i guess that all will be settled in the end.

Be strong Michell.

Pfft yeah, I'm not a fan of Michelle Adamson either, but it sucks big time that she got ripped off. I can only imagine the hard work that's gone into compliing that album. Fingers crossed it all sorts itself out.

Pfft yeah, I'm not a fan of Michelle Adamson either, but it sucks big time that she got ripped off.  I can only imagine the hard work that's gone into compliing that album.  Fingers crossed it all sorts itself out.

291753[/snapback]

yeah considering she started the project a few years back..

hell i could buy myself a 14 track compilation with names like this (and only unreleased tunes) for 570€ if i got the rights for it.. sure would be a brilliant investment :huh:

Excuse me but before signing an album to a label you dont first aggree on the money you will receive from it???

291783[/snapback]

Not all of us were born with skills for business and closing deals. I know it's hard for you to believe but there are some people in the world that actually believe other people. And some artists tend to be just like that.

Guest .::E.P

Not all of us were born with skills for business and closing deals. I know it's hard for you to believe but there are some people in the world that actually believe other people. And some artists tend to be just like that.

291796[/snapback]

I stopped being that trusty after being screwed over by quite a few labels and their "good" intentions .

291796[/snapback]

Sorry but you dont have to be born with business skills in order to ask a label how much money they will pay you for releasing your work.

I mean when Agitato asked Michelle to release her work didnt she asked them how much money she would be payed from that?

Didnt they sign a contract?

I mean Michelle is in the business for quiet some time and i simply cannot believe that she didnt asked Agitato how much money she would get paid for allowing them to release her cd with her name on it.

P.S I am with Michelle here but just want to be devils advocate for a while cause i can understand that a label can fuck up an artist but i cannot believe that an artist wasnt aware from the beggining about the economic deal that even was supposed to exist original;y and which changed in the process by the label.

I once almost got ripped off by a fake label. They even had a "real" contract, website & stuff. Full album release, online sales, but i had to pay 100 euro for the online sales. After i checked some other people that had music on the same site (www.mp3unsigned.com) I noticed that everybody on the site recieved the e-mail. Statue records was the name, watch out for those poeple, they are fakers.

I spammed the bastards long-time. :lol:

I Gave their e-mail adress to some of my friends who are extrememly skilled in cracking , hacking, spamming, nuking & other illegal web-related stuff and gave them some joints to finish the job.

mmmhh, sweet revenge.

agitato_records@bezeqint.net  <--tell them how you feel

291718[/snapback]

Let's spam the bastards. :angry:

Excuse me but before signing an album to a label you dont first aggree on the money you will receive from it???

291783[/snapback]

I never ever seen a contract with a fixed amount.

It's usually royalties based on the sales.

I'm surprised to hear that some labels work on fixed amounts.

$570 for an album is very little for releasing an album ideed, but many releases nowadays have problem selling even 1000 copies, and then it's not much more than that you can expect.

Also $500 per track on a compilation is not a minimum in my experience.

I only once had more than $500 for a track...and that comp sold more than 15 000 copies which is extremly rare nowadays.

It for sure sucks and the label should obviously been more clear in their accounting and communication, but if she expected around $5000 then I'm not surprised she got dissappointed.

$570 for an album is very little for releasing an album ideed, but many releases nowadays have problem selling even 1000 copies, and then it's not much more than that you can expect.

:blink:

Come on, that can't be true. $570 for an album ... that's ... a joke! You can't even pay the amount of Red Bull drunk during producing the album with that.It's ridiculous! I don't care about Michele's music, but hey, that's a really bad rip off from Agitato. Think of the time and money invested into the project!

It's for sure not a joke.

It's facts from mine and others experience.

Like I said though $570 is very little, but not uncommon and I had worse payments than that.

Either the sales or the contract was bad or she did indeed get screwed and agitato is not accounting for all the sales.

For example $1 per sold copy is a good deal it seems...if the label don't manage to promote the release well enough or the distributor don't have capacity or don't belive in the release it can happen that you sell about 700 copies.

With an average deal that will not end up much more than $570.

Some labels also have a deal where you get 50% of the profit.

Say the label printed 2000 and only sold 1000, then it's not much profit left to split.

She should demand to see the statements from the distributor on how many copies the release actually sold and have a look at her contract and work out if the figures is correct.

It would not surprise me if they are, and then she have to find a better label, or like she was considering, release the music as free downloads and forget about getting paid for her studio time and maybe hope to make it up on gigs instead.

Guest .::E.P

:blink:

Come on, that can't be true. $570 for an album ... that's ... a joke! You can't even pay the amount of Red Bull drunk during producing the album with that.It's ridiculous! I don't care about Michele's music, but hey, that's a really bad rip off from Agitato. Think of the time and money invested into the project!

292904[/snapback]

Sadly more and more labels wont pay much more for all that hard work. It's just how things are today. But there are some labels out there that pay ok.

But low payments like that makes it almost not worth it, to do all this work for the reason of money. I now see it as promotion to get gigs and not as a release to make sales. But I stil love making the music though and that's what's most important to me.

I never ever seen a contract with a fixed amount.

It's usually royalties based on the sales.

I'm surprised to hear that some labels work on fixed amounts.

Its usually royalties based on the sales?Sorry but my experience so far tells me that an artist before signing a contract with any label aggrees on a fixed ammount of money as an advance and also royalties on top of that.Thats also the way that every well established label works on our small scene from what i know by friends of mine who own big and well known labels,medium labels with couple of releases each year and even smaller labels that just now start to evolve.Thats also the way i also work just for your info.

570 dollars for an album is a joke and i cannot think of any serious artist that will sign an album for this ammount of money,an 18 years old guy from Israel who copies Astrix and Infected Mushroom and has no releases yet YES this guy might sign for this ammount of money (or even for free) but i cannot think of anyone else who would accept such a deal.By the way there are so many labels around in our days that the majority of them cant sell more than 1000 copies,most labels sell around 800-850 copies and this happens because usually 'you will receive back what you will invest' if you can understand what i mean.And trust me someone who founds a label just to release his and his friends music doesnt invest much so he cant actually expect any serious sales.

Also $500 per track on a compilation is not a minimum in my experience.

I only once had more than $500 for a track...and that comp sold more than 15 000 copies which is extremly rare nowadays.

It for sure sucks and the label should obviously been more clear in their accounting and communication, but if she expected around $5000 then I'm not surprised she got dissappointed.

292870[/snapback]

About the minimum for a track this depends from whom you ask a track,i mean you cant expect well established artists that are making music for years and own a big studio to settle with 500 dollars.People like Deedrah and Son Kite and Infected Mushroom obviously ask much more than that and with a reason if you ask me.Just like i said before the more you will invest then the more you will get back and from my experience so far with my label this works absolutely fine so far.

By the way Spindrift you said that you have released a compilation that sold more than 15000 copies????Are you sure you didnt make a mistake with a zero in the end there?