new DOTOM track

Very nice summer track, yes i liked the summer feel in it some of the melodies was not in my taste but maybe someone else likes them. The melody whitout any kind of fx delay or reverb were kind of annoying. :( But i have listened some of the other tracks and i must say there are some better stuff than the track called sunset waves, there was this track "solar sails" that one i liked very much it is nice piece. If you want to hear my shit and tell how bad they are feel free to download or something here are the link

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=27019

gee. never before have i had any aspect of any track of mine as critisised as that annyoying melody! sure its only you in this forum but ive heard plenty of opinions about it, no one goes for it .

anyways your tracks arent that bad, theyre lacking in rhythm & arrangement, sure, but at least they sound well produced with nice sounds and melodies. the beat is probably not to my taste but does sound like finnish taste, if texas faggott are any indicators of what you guys like up there. i still think it need some more work though.

First i like to thank you for listening my tracks and you sed something about texas faggot i must say i hate that bleep bleep bang bang shit it sooooo bad it is fucking irritate i do not even call it music or anything like near it. yes you are right in here Finland there are not so many artist in this genre but you must understand that it is really hard to get any kind of "reputation" for trance based groups in here Finland. I sed in my comment something about some melody was annoying it was that one melody only :unsure: overall it was really great piece of work.

Hi.

the good things about your track: i like your beat and bassline, sounds good.

You seem to have good ideas for breaks and FX.

The bad stuuf: I dont like any of the melodies in your track, everything sound so false/de-harmonic.

Conclusion: start studying tone scales and teorethical stuff if you can compose harmonic stuff, it will for shure blast the dancefloor with your beats ;)

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

I thank the lord for someone finally telling me that im lacking in the musicianship department. the reason is , despite my huge leaps in musical knowledge (when i started i couldnt make a 4/4 kikk beat) i have always known my harmonies to be lacking a bit. What i do musically is take a scale and just stick to it ,and the scale gives the mood of the track. sometimes though i just go ahead and invent my scale, or i n the case of this track, sunset waves , i just made up the melodic parts with no tonal structure. My question is :

how could i start learning such things? I mean, without stop studying my current career and pursue a degree in musical composition or something. ive thought of learning an instrument but it will take months for me to actually have some coordination with my fingers and itll do nothing to my melody know-how.

so, if you could just point me in the right direction i´d be ever so grateful

peace

.om

hey well i dont see whats so wrong about texas faggott. i actually like what they do.

i would recommend you to get good friends with a piano!

The fingercoordination settles much quicker than you think, first its maybe a bit boring, but after a few weeks im sure you dying to explore the world of chords and scales.

its much simpler than you might think.

Do you know the names of the tones on a piano?

Do you know a anything about chords?

I'l be glad to help you. if you want add me to msn. Xphraze@msn.com

• 2 weeks later...