How you enjoy dark,scary Psy?

Ormion

I see a lot of topics about dark,scary Psy lately, so I came up with this question.

Which is the way you enjoy dark & spooky psy trance?

You prefer to stay at home? to be in a festival somewhere in the forest? do you use drugs for better ''result''?

I'll say my experience and the reason I make this thread.

One of the things I like to do is to take my discman and walk while listening Psytrance. Last Sunday I took my discman with the dark mp3-cd that I have made and I went for a walk. It was around 11:00 pm. I prefer to walk in lonely streets and that night I realised that there is nothing better for dark psy from a lonely,dark street!!!

You see dancing in a party is good but for me the best way to enjoy scary music is to be alone! And if the place is scary itself (and those streets were really scary)then the music transforms and the whole experience is :ph34r:

Of course you have to listen to the right music too.

If you dare take your discman, put Para Halu-Snake It Easy or The Delta-Thing and walk in a lonely place around midnight! It's fucking awesome!

Of course the best place to walk in night is a forest, so if you live near to one, try it!

(Alternative place-a beach. Some lonely beaches are really scary in night.)

One of the things I like to do is to take my discman and walk while listening Psytrance. Last Sunday I took my discman with the dark mp3-cd that I have made and I went for a walk. It was around 11:00 pm. I prefer to walk in lonely streets and that night I realised that there is nothing better for dark psy from a lonely,dark street!!!

You see dancing in a party is good but for me the best way to enjoy scary music is to be alone! And if the place is scary itself (and those streets were really scary)then the music transforms and the whole experience is  :ph34r:

Of course you have to listen to the right music too.

291053[/snapback]

I absolutely agree that walking alone in the dark with psychedelic music is the most scary thing :ph34r:

One time I was walking through the forest near here, and it was damn scary. Think I was listening to Xenomorph or something like that :ph34r: .. that was awesome!

Well, I like listening to it in various situations, but you are right Ormion, the best would be listening by yourself somewhere out.

I do enjoy dark psy at home as well, being drugged like crazy, sitting with friends, playing with their minds...

;)

Its in your mind,just the way you see it.I have a background of 9 years in dark music.Im used to it and i enjoy it.But dark music is not scary.Dont see it this way,especially dark psychedelia is too deep to be scary,being scared is a stupid feeling.I dont see any reason to be scared if someones touches the dark side of mine in a fine way.I like it and i enjoy it,i also feel happy.

Its in your mind,just the way you see it.I have a background of 9 years in dark music.Im used to it and i enjoy it.But dark music is not scary.Dont see it this way,especially dark psychedelia is too deep to be scary,being scared is a stupid feeling.I dont see any reason to be scared if someones touches the dark side of mine in a fine way.I like it and i enjoy it,i also feel happy.

291069[/snapback]

I feel exactly the same...

I feel happy when I listen something dark, mean and quality, not scared at all...

What scares me is folk and disco music....Shivering uglyness... :P

''Its in your mind,just the way you see it.I have a background of 9 years in dark music.Im used to it and i enjoy it.But dark music is not scary.Dont see it this way,especially dark psychedelia is too deep to be scary,being scared is a stupid feeling.I dont see any reason to be scared if someones touches the dark side of mine in a fine way.I like it and i enjoy it,i also feel happy.''

You know what I'm mean by saying scary, right Gnome?

I don't mean I run like crazy, shouting for help or shit on me. It's the feeling you mention. Difficult to describe it nad yes I like it too!

291069[/snapback]

well sometimes you are in a slightly altered mindstate which allows you to be more receptive to this kind of atmospheres. So i can get lost in sound much easier at which point in time is a combination of both, you know is a bit scary but is also more entertaining than the football match for me so yes i guess im happy :)

You know what I'm mean by saying scary, right Gnome?

I don't mean I run like crazy, shouting for help or shit on me. It's the feeling you mention. Difficult to describe it nad yes I like it too!

291075[/snapback]

Yeah i know,its really difficult to describe it.Its lost feeling happy while getting lost in chaos.Dunno.People who dont like dark music are loosing the half of the joy,thats what i want to say.

I enjoy my darkpsy best when lying in bed with heaphones on and lights out... sometimes i fall asleep with the music still playing and wake up like 15 mins later, have absolutely no clue what's going on being pretty scared... :lol::ph34r: Try this with: Sandman - Starfinder , and you'll know what i mean...

Haldolium

291070[/snapback]

do you consider Haldolium to be dark ? :huh:

I do enjoy dark psy on several states of mood

smth alike Oerebro`s stuff

or japanese tech trance :rolleyes:

however, dram-n-bass can be much more fearful

do you consider Haldolium to be dark ?  :huh:

291116[/snapback]

Have you heard their first album Deagua ? Pretty dark atmosphere...

Huh ?

:P

dram-n-bass can be much more fearful[/b]

291116[/snapback]

errm... i am fearful of DnB cause i ussually catch it live in some shady squat party and the people that gather for these things don't exactly look to friendly to me. They look like they are either ready to nick your wallet or get in your face about it... maybe under a different circumstances...

Have you heard their first album Deagua ? Pretty dark atmosphere...

Huh ?

:P

291121[/snapback]

huh

Haldolium is my favorite artist

Deagua probably is the best their album (to my taste)

the point is: I like them so much that never consider to be dark :D

Deauga is pretty dark to me! Another great dark tune to dream away with: Four Cary Nuts - Lucy (Female Mix) :o:ph34r: those spacy sounds somewhere at the middle of the song... takes you right into the emptiness at the other side of the universe... :ph34r::o

One of the things I like to do is to take my discman and walk while listening Psytrance.

that's odd... to me "dark trance" (the way Parvati and Goa Gil defines it) can't be enjoyed if you don't feel that bone-rattling bassline drone. So listening to it on a wimpy headphone has like 0 value to me...

For me it's listening to it at night while driving (maybe even a little fog) and the heating turned down so it's a little cold in the car ;) And at a party of course :)

that's odd... to me "dark trance" (the way Parvati and Goa Gil defines it) can't be enjoyed if you don't feel that bone-rattling bassline drone. So listening to it on a wimpy headphone has like 0 value to me...

291179[/snapback]

well thats why you get good headphones ;) the ones that cover your entire ear, which work great when is really cold too! after that is just a matter of letting the megabass do his thing and not really paying attention to the dude sitting next to you asking to turn the vol down a bit... i mean you take what you can get right?

''that's odd... to me "dark trance" (the way Parvati and Goa Gil defines it) can't be enjoyed if you don't feel that bone-rattling bassline drone. So listening to it on a wimpy headphone has like 0 value to me... ''

Hehe. Well my headphones are not something great and I don't use megabass but keep in mind that I walk in lonely places and night, so there aren't any noises around and the music sounds really loud.

well thats why you get good headphones

well that's the main problem with headphones... they can be clearer and go deeper in the basslevels... but you'll NEVER find a headphone that actually rattles your bones by producing bass. It's just technically impossible... OK I've heard that some projects exist where you have some sort of vibrating backpack which allows you to feel the bass but I don't know if those things actually work.