Strange/Odd/Rare releases / CD's

NT

Do you have any strange releases in your collection, from highly unknown labels, or even bootleg stuff? I have:

- The Best Of Tantrance, Vol. 2 : This is GOA - no url

Yes, this really exists... it contains tracks from tantrance 4 til 6, A friend bought this for me at just a regular CD store, for my birhtday years ago... bootleg quality paper, engrish titles and songlength / no IFPI number in the CD, couple of songs are as one long 30 minute song but not mixed, clicks and glitches from "their" damaged cd here and there.. but it sais that Euro Media has released it.. obviously it isn't ;) Have no clue at all where this bootleg came from.

- V.A - The World of Goa Trance 3

Released by ZYX (?), number 3 in a series of four... known names as well as unkown names on it, mixed CD, cheap cover but some very nice songs (actually quit good for that time! although the general pace of the mix is too fast so most of the songs are short... and mixed out a bit too quickly)

- GOA-TRANCE VOL 6 (also check out: http://www.psynews.org/reviews/goatran4.htm)

Total GOA-HEAD copycat (same font used in logo / layout - even contains the "The best of goatrance & psychedelic techno" subtitle) Released by a dutch label, this one is absolutely filled with crap, all badly produced by one guy and he uses fake and parody names: Synchron (original artist: Synchro) , Sphinx and joking (Original artist: Joking sphinx) Alysium (Original artist: Elysium) (yes .:E.P. , its true..), Avi Missim (Original name: Avi Nissim) , cheese cover-art. really really bad.. I encourage you to listen to this and sit the full thing through... it will be an awefull experience, mark my words... :ph34r: The first 3 parts of this series were actually quite good (especially part 1) since they still contained some licensed stuff, some real names and some good tracks..

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

- GOA-TRANCE VOL 6 (also check out: http://www.psynews.org/reviews/goatran4.htm)

Total GOA-HEAD copycat (same font used in logo / layout - even contains the "The best of goatrance & psychedelic techno" subtitle) Released by a dutch label, this one is absolutely filled with crap, all badly produced by one guy and he uses fake and parody names: Synchron  (original artist: Synchro) , Sphinx and joking (Original artist: Joking sphinx) Alysium (Original artist: Elysium) (yes .:E.P. , its true..), Avi Missim (Original name: Avi Nissim) , cheese cover-art. really really bad.. I encourage you to listen to this and sit the full thing through... it will be an awefull experience, mark my words...  :ph34r: The first 3 parts of this series were actually quite good (especially part 1) since they still contained some licensed stuff, some real names and some good tracks..

291040[/snapback]

Heh, heard about that, pretty pathetic. There's actually one good track made by this guy though, released on some other comp:

Animate FX vs. Alysium- Hypnotic Goa Life

Pretty creative artist names, eh? :lol:

Heh, heard about that, pretty pathetic. There's actually one good track made by this guy though, released on some other comp:

Animate FX vs. Alysium- Hypnotic Goa Life

Pretty creative artist names, eh?  :lol:

291052[/snapback]

But it isn't rare AT ALL, it are the only goa cds that are for sale in EVERY Belgian shop... Mostly with even more fancy names as "I Love Goa" or "Goa Love Parade" (and I'm serious now)

naming the rarest cd of my collection must be hard, but I have over 25 goa cds that were not yet on discogs, so I guess they must be REALLY rare... And maybe my little baby is the promo of Asia 2001 - Live (even with Promo printed on the cover :P) :)

But it isn't rare AT ALL, it are the only goa cds that are for sale in EVERY Belgian shop... Mostly with even more fancy names as "I Love Goa" or "Goa Love Parade" (and I'm serious now)

291150[/snapback]

No wonder it's not rare, people don't hunt crappy music, right? B)

haha, i tried to listen to GOA-TRANCE vol.6 again about an hour ago... omg i'm going to rip some crappy stuff from it just to let you listen what crap it is soon... so horrible... and it might not be rare, but at least its odd and worth mentioning in the hall of blame ;)

P.S: .:E.P. sue this Ingmar Veeck guys' ass!

Hehe, doesn't seem like the guy was able to sell that many cds, so it may not be worth suing after all....

291180[/snapback]

True, but anyway i don't think the series are still released.. haha in the booklet of the goa-trance vol.6 compil there is a huge commercial message saying: "Watch out for the GOA-TRANCE Millenium BOX" omg, a BOXSET filled with that crap? No thanks! I wonder if it ever got released.

Haha this Ingmar Veeck guy seems to be someone from germany, i found some info / personal info here:

http://www.techno.de/cgi-bin/tool/artists?...id=131&page=920

oh btw .:E.P. actually IS featured on the very first episode of these fake GOA-HEAD series! :ph34r:

Edit: The series just seem to keep going on as well :lol:http://www.ramshorn.nl/shop/artlist.asp?usernr=1&grpnr=4

i wonder what it sounds like nowadays though... :rolleyes:

Released by ZYX (?), number 3 in a series of four... known names as well as unkown names on it, mixed CD, cheap cover but some very nice songs (actually quit good for that time! although the general pace of the mix is too fast so most of the songs are short... and mixed out a bit too quickly)

i bought vol 1, 2 and 3 of that, and although i haven't listened to 3 yet, 1&2 do have a fair bit of good tracks

i recall i read somewhere that zyx used to have another name but i forgot which

i bought vol 1, 2 and 3 of that, and although i haven't listened to 3 yet, 1&2 do have a fair bit of good tracks

i recall i read somewhere that zyx used to have another name but i forgot which

291221[/snapback]

Hm could be, i think the cd's are full of tracks licensed of just one label... never found any other part of the series.

Somewhere i have a 12" From a band called chapterhouse (can't remember what it sounds like..,. some kind of pop/house music ). The funny thing with this one is that it's remixed by guy called Simon Posford...

As a manic collector I have aquired some super-rare stuff over the years. First some Blue Room Released goodies:

Etnica - Intense Visitation

Never released first version of the Tribute 12", about 50 copies made. I have two =) This is the #1 jewel for me personally, as I absolutely love the track.

Etnica - Asian Code

Another version, but without Tribute - this has Astral Way on the flip. 6-10 copies made (!!!!!)

Koxbox - Live At Burning Man 1996

Double vinyl album set for release on Blue Room (BR031). 9 vinyl test pressings made, no CDs were ever pressed, but there was a master made.

Fools And Tools - Hundreds Of Sunsets

This was originally set to be released on Blue Room, BR063, but since they took too long to get it out they released it on Twisted instead. But there were about 3-6 test pressings made with the BR063 catalogue number, and these have different track versions, not released anywhere else. I have two of these, since I bought all the leftover blue room office stock this past winter. This is not on Discogs yet, since I need to figure out what these other mixes are called. I know that at least one of them is unreleased, and thats the best one too =)

Johann - ???

This was the original BR027, but it was cancelled and Etnica's "Plastic" was released instead. There are only 6 test pressing in the world. Not on Discogs yet since I need to figure out what the tracks are called.

Various - More Signs Of Life

There was a full triple vinyl version scheduled for release, but it was cancelled at the last minute and they just made a single 12" sampler instead. 6-9 test pressing of the full compilation were made. Not on Discogs, I've been too lazy to submit it.

And from some other labels:

Goat Ranch 7 - Ain't Goin' To Goa

Quirk remixed this Alabama 3 track without permission under the Goat Ranch 7 alias, and pressed around 50 single-sided whitelabel copies for Pyramid / Return To The Source 004. AWESOME track!

Goat Ranch 7 - Specific / Nanoteque

Krembo 008, never commercially released. Don't know how many were made, but it's very very rare. Noth tracks were released on vinyl later though, on Psychedelic Krembo 3.

The Infinity Project - Time & Space EP

BFLT09 on dragonfly, promo only that was never commercially released. I think 50 copies were made but I haven't been able to confirm this. I also have all but one of the known Infinity Project Releases on obscure UK label Fabulous as well as their 1991 debut on Atmosphere Records.

There's probably more that I can't recall right now, but I have to dash off to the gym now =)

So this Ingmar Veeck guy made some Goa under the alias "the lasertrancer" ... crappy name, but he made some nice stuff under that alias.. hmm, somewhere he offers it for free... ah here are some.. check out "Bio Plasma", awesome Goacid (but with a crappy production).

http://music.download.com/lasertrancer/360...-100121208.html

http://www.callasong.de/band/music.php?id=2777

Koxbox - Live At Burning Man 1996

Double vinyl album set for release on Blue Room (BR031). 9 vinyl test pressings made, no CDs were ever pressed, but there was a master made.

292258[/snapback]

If I had that release I would rip it to mp3 and spread it across the various file sharing networks. It's really the humane thing to do. Koxbox live at the most nutty festival on earth can only be amazing and should not be limited to nine crazy vinyl collectors.

;)

If I had that release I would rip it to mp3 and spread it across the various file sharing networks. It's really the humane thing to do. Koxbox live at the most nutty festival on earth can only be amazing and should not be limited to nine crazy vinyl collectors.

292693[/snapback]

There are some efforts being made to clear the rights for a re-release actually - so until that is completely settled for a yes or a no, I'm not spreading anything. And I have a copy of the original CD master as well, so no need to rip the vinyl =)

Can't they re-release some really good stuff? I mean Koxbox live, who listens to that?

OK, besides all the koxbox nerds here?

Can't they re-release some really good stuff? I mean Koxbox live, who listens to that?

292809[/snapback]

You obviously haven't heard this recording.

Koxbox is, admittedly, a bit of an aquired taste. I didn't see their greatness when I was your age, but today I realize that they were truly the leaders of the genre in terms of psychedelic music. It's truly art, not just some colourful party music. I don't think everything they did was great, there were a fair amount of misses among the hits, so to speak... but at their best, koxbox were the masters of the genre and this live recording is from their creative peak, IMHO. Truly amazing stuff.

If you want to discuss koxbox any further, I suggest starting a separate thread. I'd be glad to contribute, but let's bring this one back on topic now.

Haha this Ingmar Veeck guy seems to be someone from germany

291198[/snapback]

I've heard only third volume and it has very good tracks...I don't understand why he had to do that with names since he has pretty good his own music, but some of the tracks on that volume were pretty good actually. I simply don't understand presentning under fake names of already KNOWN artists, it is so diabolic... :huh:

Interstellar Overdrive promo from Devic Craft Cordings.Crazy stuff.

292694[/snapback]

Any idea where that can be obtained? I have some old IO tracks from back in the day and they're rather interesting...

292809[/snapback]

You die now.

• 2 months later...

The record firm Ramshorn is diabolic but not only since today but for a long time.

They are the reason for all these darkenings and under-cover insanity.

Never forget this guys, before you judge about things you really don´t know anything truthful about.

Do you have any strange releases in your collection, from highly unknown labels, or even bootleg stuff? I have:

- The Best Of Tantrance, Vol. 2 : This is GOA - no url

Yes, this really exists... it contains tracks from tantrance 4 til 6, A friend bought this for me at just a regular CD store, for my birhtday years ago... bootleg quality paper, engrish titles and songlength / no IFPI number in the CD, couple of songs are as one long 30 minute song but not mixed, clicks and glitches from "their" damaged cd here and there.. but it sais that Euro Media has released it.. obviously it isn't ;) Have no clue at all where this bootleg came from.

Total GOA-HEAD copycat (same font used in logo / layout - even contains the "The best of goatrance & psychedelic techno" subtitle) Released by a dutch label, this one is absolutely filled with crap, all badly produced by one guy and he uses fake and parody names: Synchron  (original artist: Synchro) , Sphinx and joking (Original artist: Joking sphinx) Alysium (Original artist: Elysium) (yes .:E.P. , its true..), Avi Missim (Original name: Avi Nissim) , cheese cover-art. really really bad.. I encourage you to listen to this and sit the full thing through... it will be an awefull experience, mark my words...  :ph34r: The first 3 parts of this series were actually quite good (especially part 1) since they still contained some licensed stuff, some real names and some good tracks..

291040[/snapback]

I have world of goatrance 3 original 2 and it sucks :D

to bad... 1& 2 were great :)