4. CLOUD CUCKOO

5. IMMORTAL

6. FUNDAMENTAL

7. BOILEROOM

8. BLOODLOCK

9. REQUIEM

10. GOLDEN ARM

11. WAVY GRAVY

Here is the first album by famous international DJ Sasha and comparing to his playing, this is completely different turn, he decided to make pretty tame, gentle album for chilling rather than dancing. This is pure home listening music. To me, this is masterpiece.

It sounds like perfect mix between Earth Nation and Speedy J. He made that kind of album, in similar vein to Terra Incognita and G Spot, and while those 2 are from 1995, this one is from 2002 and production is very good and liquid. He made more of a freestyle album than course one.

It starts with very cute intro DREAMSPELS that is very gentle intro, brilliantly followed by MR. TIDDLES, very dreamy, ambient perfection. This song alone with few more is worth the whole album with its cute melodies and gentle pads. It is perfect song for chilling. After which comes MAGNETIC NORTH which is also pretty dreamy track with some beat added and more distinctive atmosphere with of course trancey sounds and melody in ambient manner. Next comes CLOUD CUCKOO, faster and more energetic piece. It moves smooth and concrete and has also various trancey melodies to spice it up for better journey. After this comes one of the best on the album IMMORTAL. Huh, this song reminds me so much on early Harthouse music. It is ambient trance at its best. It reminds me a little bit on Orbital with its musical structure. Perfect song...After that comes second best one FUNDAMENTAL. Now, this is faster track, darker, and is done like a breakbeat, with lots of changing moods and melodies. He is really the atmosphere man, setting the mood right, preparing you for something, but not taking you there completely.

BOILEROOM is in similar vein to Fundamental with its dark, breakbeat mood. It goes very good after previous one, making nice continuation. BLOODLOCK is first trance song here, sounds like a crossover between trance and progressive house. Very good track that is followed by ultimate ambient piece REQUIEM. Now this one is also one of the better ones here; very gentle, celestial sounds and melodies makes this track most easy to listen. It is the best track for coming down on some hard drug. It is very lyrical in its structure and should have been put as last one.

Next one is housey GOLDEN ARM, pretty good track that would perfectly go after Bloodlock. It is entirely done like a club track and wouldn't be bad playing it at a club. It is very bouncey and clubby and completely different than the rest of the album. WAVY GRAVY closes the album and it is very good track...a little bit melancholic, yet very focused and concrete with lots of emotional melodies all around.

All in all, this is very good effort by famous dj, and it is very stylish and personal album, especially for his first one...Very good...9/10

Cloud Cuckoo = Pwnage. Overall it's a bit boring though, and some of the middle tracks like Immortal and Fundamental just don't do it for me. 8/10.

Guest Kai-Q

I lost the hope of good classic trance like Earth Nation, Cosmic Baby and many more make.

The moste trance music which we know nowaday, is commercial trash like DJ’s make on compilations e.g. Future Trance, Dream Dance, Gary D Trance, Tunnel Trance Force (the first 4 CD's was okay), DJ Networks, Trance Nation, Trancemaster/Wolrd of Trance (since 1998) etc.

All these songs sound like the others. You can listen to many cover Rock/Pop Songs and this nerved Voice Trance (Where you hear singing a men or most women) too.

But I listened the first time to Airdrawndagger. I was very happy that there are DJ's being able to make very good Trance music. :)

I will not going in detalis, because this is CD is wonderful. :D

I love this CD. :D

The Xpander EP is very good too. :)

I hope there will be more music like this. :)

• 2 weeks later...

One of my alltime favourite electronic albums, and a very complete piece of art. Funny that a "mainstream" DJ most psy-snobs wouldn't even consider listening to, has produced an album more psychedelic than the majority of the releases on the psytrance market today :)

Funny that a "mainstream" DJ most psy-snobs wouldn't even consider listening to, has produced an album more psychedelic than the majority of the releases on the psytrance market today :)

307612[/snapback]

I am in no way a "psy-snob".. :P

That's just being stupid imo, when there's so much music to love out there. ;)

• 4 months later...

Thinking back of the Samothraki Festival in Greece 2003 I think it is fair to say that the most crazy experience music - and otherwise - was when I danced for about an hour and a half with a tree at the chill out stage one night. This is why I am sometimes not quite sure whether a certain type of music should be labelled chill-out, ambient, progressive or psy-trance. I mean, you are supposed to chill at the chill-out stage, right? But play the right, quality, down-beat / chill-out at the right time, and you'll have everyone going crazy. This is what happened at the Samothraki Festival. Down beat music on chill stage with everyone going at it like crazy, things even more wicked than on main stage.

Sasha wasn't at Samothraki but Airdrawndagger represents exactly the sort of music I'm thinking off. I could hear this music in the afternoon at the chill-out stage, roll a splif, relax and enjoy. Maybe dance a little. Or I could hear some of the trax here at night and go dance berserk. My favourite dance track here has to be Fundamental. The kick-in at 8:05. What is this?! Progressive chill-out ...?!? But it's not fair to single one track out. Up-beat, down-beat, they're all fantastic!

And I almost never got to hear this album! Only heard it cause a friend insisted I'd give this Sasha album a chance. "I think you'll like it", he said. Well, thanks buddy! Right on - I love it!

I think it's a straight 10/10 and encourage everyone to check it.

• 1 year later...