Penta - Funraiser (AuraQuake / 2005)

• 3 weeks later...

sounds boring

no development in two years. just stagnation

pentafiles were much more dynamic, this sounds like nikita is trying to find what kind of music to do...

damn, i dont know why i just cant get into Penta.

To me he has the best deep bass sound but then its ruined with annoying melodies and cheesy samples.

Like the one sound sample is going great, then its ruined with a "next on scifi" sample from the scifi channel.

slyman604

exactly. perfect production of bassline & kick, but imo poor musical ideas [the melodies sometimes sound like russian folklore ;)]

and those sci-fi samples sux, overused..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

recieved my copy yesterday...

from what i can tell so far is that penta is still penta!! cutting edge production and full of energy.. .... Theres a cpuple of tracks i didnt like, but i might change my mind after a few more rounds with funraiser..

so thumbs up for this anticipated release

recieved my copy yesterday...

from what i can tell so far is that penta is still penta!! cutting edge production and full of energy.. ....  Theres a cpuple of tracks i didnt like, but i might change my mind after a few more rounds with funraiser..

so thumbs up for this anticipated release

335937[/snapback]

if penta stayed penta it's the best news I could hear about that album

thanx :)

if penta stayed penta it's the best news I could hear about that album

thanx  :)

336000[/snapback]

yeah, that's already something

not many artists get better when they 'evolve'-or change their style- , but rather worse imo

i am curious 2

some of my favorite penta-songs : XML , leave a message, lost in space , terra 1

Based on the samples... some of the songs (first one) sound cool and fairly interesting, but others just sound bland; not that imaginative and even boring.

And WHAT IS UP with PENTA taking the same exact voice sample for the first song here (Yesssss! I am invinvible!) that Talamasca originally used in their first song on their Beyond the Mask album in like 2001 around?! C'mon, can we get some new and original samples and ideas please?

here the heck is the darkness; dark tone, atmosphere, sound fx, and overall classic DARK style that made the first so kickass? This album just sounds so different (it's good to be different sometimes) but this seems not nearly as dark as the first based on the samples I heard, some catchy melodies and good production values however seem to exist... but that's just saying general ... I'm just not sure about this one yet.

I feel that the debut album, Penta - Pentafiles was an underrated gem and I consider it one of the better or best main dark psytrance albums to date! I don't want to bash or overly criticize an album without hearing it straight through, but based on my impressions, this is clearly not the case here, and that's not saying it's bad, just maybe a disappointment compared to the first. I wish he went crazy and took some wicked risks, direction, innovation, and with more imagination. Some tracks just don't seem to really develop and morph into a beast... their is a really nice change of sounds in the final track with that echoed melody and I wish there was more of that... more change up in basslines too and occasionally a stronger melody to drive all those gritt and *whoosh* twirly sounds and noises.

This sounds more like in example... what Psychotoons was to Sandmans second release as opposed to Witchcraft... in the sense this sounds less dark, menacing, intense, evil, (tone) and chaotic, but maybe that's a bad analogy and premature judgement. It's just that I really enjoyed the first one and dislike disapppointment. I'm curious to read more reviews on this album...