Masters Of The Genre

seraph

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest .::E.P

I don´t have any doubt that Raja Ram deserves some credit, but has a nowaday dj.... i really don´t know!!

If anyone have seen his dj set, knows what im talking about.

290343[/snapback]

He sure deserve some credit but what not many people know is that Graham Wood is the original founder of TIP Records (The label name was taken from the music project - The Infinity Project) with Raja and Graham worked his ass off to make the label happen. But Graham just seem to get less credit than Raja. Also Ian St. Paul was a huge reason why TIP records became so popular in Asia.He promoted TIP in Japan while living there.

The fact is that Graham did most of the music for The Infinity Project (just as simon does for Shpongle) so again Raja did not do that much except blow his flute LOL. To me Raja is more like a PR person that is the "face" but not really the man that do the hard work behind the scene.

Oh and dont forget Richard. I have rarely seen any A&R person work harder as he did for TIP.

He sure deserve some credit but what not many people know is that Graham Wood is the original founder of TIP Records (The label name was taken from the music project -  The Infinity Project) with Raja and Graham worked his ass off to make the label happen. But Graham just seem to get less credit than Raja. Also Ian St. Paul was a huge reason why TIP records became so popular in Asia.He promoted TIP in Japan while living there.

The fact is that Graham did most of the music for The Infinity Project (just as simon does for Shpongle) so again Raja did not do that much except blow his flute LOL. To me Raja is more like a PR person that is the "face" but not really the man that do the hard work behind the scene.

Oh and dont forget Richard. I have rarely seen any A&R person work harder as he did for TIP.

290349[/snapback]

That´s exactly my point. I think he deserves some credit by his work in Tip , but not has a dj...

Talking about credit in the psy scene, i think you deserve lot of respect...

Guess what im hearing now ;)

Talking about credit in the psy scene, i think you deserve lot of respect...

290355[/snapback]

I did my little part but I like to see it as a group of people that burned for the music and the scene (as it used to be). Without eachoters support and inspiration I doubt many of us would have been able to do what we did. At that time we did not have the internet or forums like this were we could "network" with people across the globe. The only communication we had was our music and travellers brining our music to other artists and dj's and in the end to the dancefloor.

So to me I will always see it as a joint passion for the music that made us able to do what we did.

I did my little part but I like to see it as a group of people that burned for the music and the scene (as it used to be).  Without eachoters support and inspiration I doubt many of us would have been able to do what we did.  At that time we did not have the internet or forums like this were we could "network" with people across the globe. The only communication we had was our music and travellers brining our music to other artists and dj's and in the end to the dancefloor.

So to me I will always see it as a joint passion for the music that made us able to do what we did.

290359[/snapback]

wisely said :)

I have to check some of your recent tracks to see what you´re doing now.

I´ve order Quality Relaxation, hell of a tracklist in that comp...

But is seems that the old goa music has a lot more spirit that the psymusic of nowadays... maybe this have becomed a industry that releases stuff to stoneheads

and only thinks in profit.

Sorry for this , it´s only my opinion.

Nope, Logic Bomb are just generic psy artists. Never made anything special... almost like Astrix.

290265[/snapback]

WHAT??

sorry to be offtopic but thats just.....

Do you really mean this?I dont know what to say.Logic Bomb have offered the best,clearest,most deep,liquid,twisted,just-fuckin-awesome psychedelia.And you compare them with astrix???oh my fuckin god.Go listen to a track like..... Kilobyte Bandit or Bomb Olej or Drop Out and say "im sorry"

I don´t have any doubt that Raja Ram deserves some credit, but has a nowaday dj.... i really don´t know!!

If anyone have seen his dj set, knows what im talking about.

290343[/snapback]

Yeah, he sucks as a dj so much ! That is why I didn't count him, he lost it...he became demented in a way, sorry to say that, 2 times I saw him djing he seemed very deranged, without focus, like some crazy kid, fooling around. I had huge respect towards him until I saw him live...:(

He sure deserve some credit but what not many people know is that Graham Wood is the original founder of TIP Records (The label name was taken from the music project -  The Infinity Project) with Raja and Graham worked his ass off to make the label happen. But Graham just seem to get less credit than Raja. Also Ian St. Paul was a huge reason why TIP records became so popular in Asia.He promoted TIP in Japan while living there.

290349[/snapback]

Yeah, I always wondered what was his part in The Infinity Project. Except of fooling around with voice samples and crazy parts, I don't think he contributed by any means or there or in Shpongle...But he has full respect of having nice ideas and putting great albums/compilations together...

WHAT??

sorry to be offtopic but thats just.....

Do you really mean this?I dont know what to say.Logic Bomb have offered the best,clearest,most deep,liquid,twisted,just-fuckin-awesome psychedelia.And you compare them with astrix???oh my fuckin god.Go listen to a track like..... Kilobyte Bandit or Bomb Olej or Drop Out and say "im sorry"

290423[/snapback]

Hey Gnome, man, don't insulted by Cinos almost deliberate provocations, he already addmited that he is doing provocation no matter cause of his poor taste...just let him be as I did and you'll see that he is unfixable...He really likes to bitch...little fellow... ;)

It is highlightes as classis when you go to the old review section...

I haven't heard it so I can't say if it is that special or not but I remember the praising of this album when it was newly out in 2002.

I haven't seen anybody even mention that album when talking about classics.

290436[/snapback]

yeah, you also think BP Empire is a classic. :lol:

btw, Headware is a great album. killargh..

It is highlightes as classis when you go to the old review section...

290442[/snapback]

That does not say much.. many classic CD's aren't highlighted it just Mars or Children's personal taste ;)

I know Cinos is provocing - that dear little boy (I like you for that haha) - but he should be able to express what he like and dont like without being attacked. I am sure those that attack him also value that they can say what they think about the musik they like or dislike ;)

I know Cinos is provocing - that dear little boy (I like you for that haha) - but he should be able to express what he like and dont like without being attacked. I am sure those that attack him also value that they can say what they think about the musik they like or dislike ;)

290505[/snapback]

You are right, but that dear little boy is disliking almost everything except Shpongle and Juno and is rather provocing for fun, so I don't mind if someone feels threatened by his 'supreme' taste... ;):P

You are right, but that dear little boy is disliking almost everything except Shpongle and Juno and is rather provocing for fun, so I don't mind if someone feels threatened by his 'supreme' taste... ;):P

290514[/snapback]

Yeez fear my taste.

No, seriously, I even liked Xenomorph - Tree Of Death. That should say something about the wideness of my taste! :blink:

i have no pb accepting that people have different tastes EP...

the thing i have a pb with is seeing cinos constant bitching at certain bands (xdream fro example) when he obviously doesn't know what he is talking about...

he judges music byt if he likes the style or not, and not by if it's actually good music...

just gets tiring after a while...

the thing i have a pb with is seeing cinos constant bitching at certain bands (xdream fro example) when he obviously doesn't know what he is talking about...

he judges music byt if he likes the style or not, and not by if it's actually good music...

290549[/snapback]

exactly, there is difference between "i don't like" and "mediocre music", Cinos your posts are so curt that it looks like you are THE one who knows what is good and what is bad. It's A N N O Y I N G.

by the way, i once mentioned Headware in a "classics" thread, but does it prove anything? I think you were not serious when you said "try to prove their music is special" otherwise you are a ...jackass...sorry but that's what i think.

290549[/snapback]

Do you think County music is good? I dont and I bitch about it as much as I can (also about a lot of Full On and Skazi) :) They might be very talented musicians but damn it sound cheesy and corky to me ;)

Do you think County music is good?  I dont and I bitch about it as much as I can (also about a lot of Full On and Skazi) :)  They might be very talented musicians but damn it sound cheesy and corky to me ;)

290569[/snapback]

I think you have to be inbred to like country. ;):P

lol EP nice way to twist the discussion...

comparing logic bomb to country music.... lol

thing is i am not gonna waste my time discussign this with u like u do on isratrance for 27 pages... so have a good day...

i did notice that i am not the only one to think the way i do though... so i guess it was good to say what i did...

I think you have to be inbred to like country. ;)  :P

290572[/snapback]

You sure know how to shout yeahaaaa and swing a lasso :lol:

thing is i am not gonna waste my time discussign this with u like u do on isratrance for 27 pages... so have a good day...

i did notice that i am not the only one to think the way i do though... so i guess it was good to say what i did...

290573[/snapback]

I was trying to be funny and witty and not trying to debate..Guess i failed :unsure:

Do you think County music is good?  I dont and I bitch about it as much as I can (also about a lot of Full On and Skazi) :)  They might be very talented musicians but damn it sound cheesy and corky to me ;)

290569[/snapback]

There's some excellent country music, for your information. Just there's some excellent RnB, Hippie music, Metal, Gangsta Rap, whatever. No genre is BAD in itself.

and I am sorry EP, but your bitching is annoying as hell because you tend to generalize and bitch about music you THINK sounds all the same when you only heard the tiniest slice of it - but your bitching at least comes from someone who knows music and who's been around and had time to form educated opinions - so it's easier to accept and argue with.

Cinos, on the other hand, has not a clue about most music and bases his opinions on the very few albums he has heard - and states them with the aplomb of someone who actually _knows_ something about music when in reality he knows zilch. So no, it's not pleasant when someone ignorant like that debases a piece of music that you respect.

290573[/snapback]

welcome to psynews where eveyone and their mother have different opinions on EVERYTHING. some choose to voice thiese opinions with some facts to back them up, some just like to throw around their view of the world unilateraly... it is still an opinion.

don't let it get to you ;)