Best forest tracks/albums/compil.?

MIT

Why the long beard psytones?

289214[/snapback]

I got a urge too look and work as Santaclaus in shopping malls. Why ask?

trold- once upon a time .......

289251[/snapback]

Word up! B)

Krumelur - "Minimal Animal" fits perfect...

288796[/snapback]

:agree:

Minimal animal was listen to tatters and smudges

Haltya - Electric help elves (esp. Walk in the woods)

VA - JP Noir - dark & crazy japanese stuff

suomi freaks

and many more ..

as far as i`m interested in this kind of muziek

as far as i`m interested in this kind of muziek

289967[/snapback]

lol, kind of muziek? Some more Belgian/Dutch freak here?

Anyway, forest music... Kavator/Schlabbaduerst/Sanaton/Stone age (not as much as they used to be) music or sure! Also Schizm compilation is pretty forest like for me, just like the Clairaudience comp...

For forest ambient music...Schlab 006, and specially the Leprachaun dub! What a PERFECT track, you can see trolls dancing around a fire while listening to it :)

This thread makes no sense.

What makes Human Blue forest music? What IS forest music? I tend to think it's more in the vein of Oerebro, Stoneage, and Schlabbaduerst swedish music. Derango, for example, is great forest music.

so can we have some clarification please?

288798[/snapback]

yup yup....totally read my mind :)

Theres too many to mention. I go to very few indoor parties so all of it sounds ideal

in the forest. Just like its where it is meant to be.

Bring on the forest

Fractal Forest 2. August 20 , 2hrs from Sydney.

Check www.australiens.net for details

• 13 years later...

Context is important, back in 2005 the genre was not clearly defined as it is today. Ka-Sol was one of the pioneer but you can hear the old Ka-Sol tracks sound totally different to today's forest psytrance.

Anyway you can see from the first responses on this thread that some (me included) probably never heard of the term forest psytrance and were trying to pick music that is dark and deep, and reminiscent of some kind of forest. Derango's album came out 3 months after this thread.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Redo said:

Anyways,

So whats your answer to the topics main question? Would really like to know. : )

I asked Hutti heita who should be credited for inventing the modern softer fuller sound of Forest, or Moss Trance :P:) He said, him (Norway), and Procs (Sweden) where the ones who pinoeered this specific kind of Forest trance. I don't know hw pioneering AtriOhm where regarding inventing Forest. But they for sure became huge some years back... Derango, sure. I also find this release interesting, where the not Terminator artist is using what would later be typical Forest trance spectacle:) https://shop.vertigo-records.com/album/terminator-dejan-overdrive

.... from me now, DoHm is allways a pleasure to listen to.
https://banyanrecords.bandcamp.com/album/dohm-from-the-dark-poetry

I agree for these albums :

Trold - Once Upon A Time

Haltya - Electric Help Elves & Book Of Nature

i'd mention also :

Ozmali - Forest Fusion

SCI Forest - Fetish Box

Necton ‎– Children Of The Noizy Village

I am quite partial to some Aardvarkk when fancy a darkness tinged foresty vibe - Cosmic Radiation - Bugpowder - Disorient Express - Unity Gain

Because he has some of the most intricate space riddims I have heard, check out.. 04.23 on in the track Bugpowder, Nigel going for it there.

And 02.37 Cosmic Radiation.. it's got it, that is for sure !

i'm relatively new to the forest thing but my top 3 compilations are the dark side of dawn, under the moss 4 and theatre of freaks 2.

i've seen people despute the forest categorisation of the album but arjuna - primal contact  deservs a top spot in this list none the less.

Redo, thanks for that drop,  Goch really caught my attention. It was almost as if CPC released a "Forest" album. . 2005 era started the big balls to roll and gathered a lot of moss and heather while doing so. Wonderful years Psytrance had imho in 2005-2006 and onwards. Love to have witnessed such progression, regression and evolution within our spicy music scene. Psytrance never dies 

FOREST .  Artist Albums for me..

1. Infected Mushroom - Classical Mushroom 

2. Goch - Sphere of Influences 

3. Haltya - Electric Help Elves (I don't have and I don't really know the Book of Nature album)

4. Procs - The Lonely Land of Tada

5. Derango - Turmult 

6. Hutti Heita - self-titled

7. Trold - Once Upon A Time...

And for sure The Infinity Project's Mystical Experiences is never to be forgotten. Respect. 

.. I guess kinda in that order 

Not sure to place it so it goes as audible bonus: 

I've recently discovered Biolumina (Quetzacoatl), described as "liquid forest", which is quite accurate.

Interesting production, immersive atmosphere, sometimes halfway between foresty forest and spacy hi-tek, I really love this producer.