Rhatki Deï - 2005

NT

Had a pretty good time there actually, but I nearly always sleep during the night so I wasn't too bothered by the low volume.

If you were really shocked by the drugged-up ppl there, that's Belgium my friend ;) Especially the town near the festival Ghent has some f*cked-up ppl in it.

Worst acts 4 me: Shiva Jorg & Shiva live. Should any one be tempted into booking this dude because you liked "Power of Celtic" & all: DON'T!

He managed to play the Final Countdown AND The White Stripes RMX in a row :( Made me pretty sick.

Also because of changes in line-up we tried to arrive well on time for Haldolium, who were just about to finish their set when we got it :(

Instead we got Filteria, not really my cup of T(rance). The rhytms are nice but then the 1st melody kicks in... & the 4th :P

Too bad the sun didn't really com out untill the music stopped (Jhon Phantasm was OK to rouns up day 1)

Second day was much nicer imo: Sensient indeed & Etnoscope rocked the final hours on the dancefloor.

Socially it was very good week-end 4 me, getting to see loads of friends from when I used to live in that town.

Narcotic-wise I was a very good boy too: just one piece of space-cake :) 1 herbalizer & loads of splifs & alcohol :P

Pictures online soon...

D-A-D is cancelled :( so:

C U all at WALDFRIEDEN?

Im leaving Belgium today so here is my opinion about all this:

I was coming here to meet some friends from Greece performing at the festival and i thought i would stay at the camping site.So i when i arrived i was happy to know that we are going to stay at a guy's home so things were very comfortable...i would suffer staying in a tent because of the very bad weather with raining and cold wind...

About the festival:grea

Im leaving Belgium today so here is my opinion about all this:

I was coming here to meet some friends from Greece and others performing at the festival and i thought i would stay at the camping site.So i when i arrived i was happy to know that we are going to stay at a guy's home so things were very comfortable...i would suffer staying in a tent because of the very bad weather with raining and cold wind...

About the festival:great one!The place is beautiful and the organisers did a great job with setting up the stages this cool place with the projector.The stages were fucking awesome and the chill stage was located in a great spot for relaxing especially when the sun came out in the morning.Shops and chaishops were also set up and located nicelly.

Although there WERE some negatives Nightmare Trancer was talking about,i think all medium size festival have such negatives,noone is perfect and dont forget that this not Boom or SDF.

But then again i didnt stay enough at the festival area to have a better view of the matter...

Anyway i had a great time in Belgium,if the weather was good i would say it was perfect :D

Highlights:the second night.Parahalu live then Psytour set then Zik set then Jahbo set and the the ultimate kick-ass Kindzadza set!What more can you ask!?This night was a great trip with great music !First night:P Mac set was great,Fungus Funk set was also nice considering that Sergei woke up half an hour before and we were late for his set haha

Anyway,we also went to Netherlands in a little town called Zelzeute?? for shopping B) I love this country,its very beautiful.

- The soundvolume at night was lowered to a level it wasn't really enjoyable at all to dance to, i still could hear the crowd talking!

- Horrible lightning, it was very dark.. couldn't even see where to piss at the toilet sites, the bridge to the campsite wasn't lit either, luckily it didn't rain much because that would have made a big mess

And that is why I found it a terrible Festival and could not enjoy myself,

my first and defenetly last Rhakti Dei :angry:

:lol: all those bad experiences with belgium festival...

well don't forget belgium is not a big country and the people who organize it are very young and really did their best to create a good festival and a good time for everybody...

I understand your feelings...

I just went one night cause after full moon I had it a bit with a goa... It was only 20 minutes drive from my home so I didn't had the problem to get stuck at the festival...

hehe, i remember talking to some guys froum belgium who also were there for one night only, but i don't think it was you... anyway much negative but also much postive reviews... i hope the organisation learned, but i won't go to this festival again i think.... all good stories and promises on the website but they didn't make much of it come true.. and yeah at the pictures it looks cool and good, but it wasn't that good hehe... take a look at the crap on the floor on the pictures and you know what i'm talking about ;)

I think it was better then previous years.

But such a big open air festival in Belgium is just impossible. (or not)

If you place those organisers anywhere in another coutry they would kick every other festival's butt. guaranteed.

Good talent, good visions but no cooperation of authoroties.

Actually we had a really bad time to let the festival start.

There was a new mayor in Gent 3 days before the festival,

The old one gave permission for the festival but the new one was abosulutely against it. So friday, 5 hours before the festival starts some coppers came to tell the organisers we could pack it al up again. Eventually, after a lof of talking, they changed the Decibel licence and other stuff again so all promises the organisation made (like decent sound) dissappeared again, just a few hours before the party started.

That's one of many many problems.

If you would know the background of this festival you would show some more respect. But i understand the negative respons completely. It's just that giving big parties in Belgium is a bad idea. And all the small problems this festival had was lack of cooperation with autorothies.

but where is the location? in a city? close to a city? far away from the city? village etc?

@ Nightmare: in such matters, the only fault organisers might have is for not putting garbage bags on the dance floor and area in general.

still, you can't make them work 24/7 ... i know at some level i cried because of stress, i felt it was too much (i was in the TC crew). but that was just to get the tension out.

at Transylvania Calling it was amazing how clean people kept the nature. sometimes during the morning people would just chill in the sun on the grass on the main floor, and listen to the music. and if somebody would start picking up something (before going to bed usually), others were joining the activity. but those were like a few plastic glasses and stuff.

but where is the location? in a city? close to a city? far away from the city? village etc?

311685[/snapback]

very close to a city and actually in people's backyard...

the location used to be a zoo (or how do you say that in english) , where you can visit and watch animals and stuff...

it a really cool location but surrounded by lost of houses... so :blink:

So, who was best on the festival ? Gnome, tell me...

311823[/snapback]

Actually i didnt spend much time in the festival area so i missed a lot of artists.The second night was grreat.Zik's was great,Jahbo's set was smashing also with Scandinavian sounds and then Kindzadza's set was the best in my opinion.Hard,phat,dark,crazy and psychedelic music.I loved it.

And shiva shidapu sucked big time by the way...

damn he couldn't even beatmatch... and the new music he created...

if you notice a release coming up on psyshop don't buy it's a waste :ph34r:

And shiva shidapu sucked big time by the way...

damn he couldn't even beatmatch... and the new music he created...

if you notice a release coming up on psyshop don't buy it's a waste  :ph34r:

311903[/snapback]

Yeah i listened to this album.Sucks.

Oh and the cover with the whole layout is extremely lame and FUNNY

Yeah i listened to this album.Sucks.

Oh and the cover with the whole layout is extremely lame and FUNNY

311908[/snapback]

the album is indeed already released didn't know that...

well don't want to know actually ;) I've seen enough :ph34r:

^

the dogs :huh:  :blink:  :lol:

316328[/snapback]

LOL,

that's the way with dogs when they have sex and it's done they stick together for real

• 2 weeks later...

LOL,

that's the way with dogs when they have sex and it's done they stick together for real

316433[/snapback]

hehe i was there, and was disgusted... for that PLEASE LEAVE THE DAMN DOGS AT HOME, why were the 'rules' disrespected anyway?.. i don't get it, why do people bring along children and dogs to a FESTIVAL!?...

Posted Image

Well, this was my first European festival, and coming from the US, it was definately a new experience for me. I chose to come to this festival for the lineup, I wanted to go to something that was smaller and more underground, and I got exactly what I was looking for :)

Highlights for me were- Fungus Funk, Talpa, Kindzadza, Jahbo, Matutero, Para Halu, P Mac, and Nova played an amazing dj set in the chillout. ....and I can't forget about the Duvel :)

...And some very nice vegetarian food. Also nice to see Nos's work again...we don't get to see that in NYC anymore like we used to....

Much thanks to Dan and Funkkimunkki, it was great to meet you guys!

More Rhakti Dei Photos

• 2 months later...

Maybe a bi to reply.. This was also my first psy festival and i had a pretty good time.. It began funny when me took off to a bus by foot and it started to rain a LOT, when we took the bus to ghent and then to doornzele we waited a lot and when it was there it was packed fully and we needed to listen to some bullshit talkign guys from antwerp whole the time :(.. When we settled there we immediately saw some friends of us and we set up our tents.. That evening was pretty good.. The music seemed to be louder in the chillout then at psytemple :s but we did party some time.. The second evening was way better.. The music was louder and better, so we partied all night long and it was prety funny to see all the faces when the sun wunt up..

Good things:

- Good music in both chillout and psytemple

- Nice movies in the "cinema"

- Good hamburgers indeed

- Friendly people

- Weather was good enough for me

- Nice location

Negative thngs:

- Stupid that u had to pay 5€ in for the garbage back, but i didn't have that much problems with it cuz it really was needed

- First day, the music was too silent

- No drinkable water like they said

If u guys say the camping area was too loud u should go to a festival like Pukkelpop were there is a shitload of noisy drunk crowd