Whats the "scariest" track/album

psytones

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wrong link?  doesn't sound much like the rip.. ;)

291667[/snapback]

haha yeah i thought so already, this is cheesy happy fluffy stuff... :lol:

Count me in,we will blow his mind away,acid&mushrooms for Ormion

291789[/snapback]

Now I am really tempted to come just for that reason... ;):)

for some funny reason, so-called "dark" psy doesn't sound scary to me at all when I am in an alternate mental universe. It sounds more funny, trippy, and extremely entertaining. then again I am pretty seasoned, having been to some extremely dark psychedelic places in the past (came out alive :D), and listening to a lot of goth/industrial back in the early 90s.. nothing in the psy universe nearly as dark as that stuff.

I do get scared listening to some cookie-cutter Timecode or Chemical Crew stuff like Toxic or Skazi. :ph34r:

oh, and Spirallianz and Opsis - that stuff is pretty dark suspenseful psy-EBM. But not so much of that lately.

The Delta was scary under the influence.

Also the first time we dropped acid was to Are You Shpongled. I don't remeber what track it was exactly, but it caused my friend to run out of the house screaming. He later confessed he forgot we were listening to music and thought that the sounds were from his subconscious.

Also, I fail to see how the so-called dark trance is either scary or dark.

The Delta was scary under the influence.

Also the first time we dropped acid was to Are You Shpongled. I don't remeber what track it was exactly, but it caused my friend to run out of the house screaming. He later confessed he forgot we were listening to music and thought that the sounds were from his subconscious.

Also, I fail to see how the so-called dark trance is either scary or dark.

292020[/snapback]

The Delta is great psy from the "darker" side. =)

hahaha.. I can imagine he freaked out when the water drops kicked in if he thought it was all in his head, hehe. Guess he never made that mistake again eh? :D

I fail to see the point in what you write in your last comment.

Man. I have been watching scary movies since I was a little kid with no hair on the dick. I have been listening to goth while growing up to become a man. I never have nightmares, because I love to get scared. Ergo, I dont have nightmares anymore, which kinda sucks. But to say that "I fail to see how the so-called dark trance is eighter scary or dark" is just for me a comment writtten by you, so that no one will consider you a scared pussy. No one really gets "scared" if they listen to a darker track like "I dont know" .. Anyway. Scary is just a form of entertainment.

In my opinion, some of the "scariest" tracks on a psydrug is most often slow tracks.

No one really gets "scared" if they listen to a darker track like "I dont know" .. Anyway. Scary is just a form of entertainment.

292108[/snapback]

Seriously, i got scared by Sandman - End of the world , when i first heard it.. i was about 16 / 17 yrs old, it was on one of my first psytrance compilations (Tantrance 6) by the time i bought it my parents were on a 2 week vacation , so i was home alone.. the lead synths + the "life is only a dream , and we are the imaginations of ourselves" really blew my mind back then... i recall i was even afraid to listen the whole 11 minutes through... :ph34r:

Not psy but absolutely slow, dark & scary: "At The heart of it all" an Aphex twin rmx for NIN.

To be found on "26 mixes for cash" or "Further down the Spiral"

If I would play a chill set at night, that would have to be in it.

Scare those pussy-trippers all the way back to the dancefloor ;)

But to say that "I fail to see how the so-called dark trance is eighter scary or dark" is just for me a comment writtten by you, so that no one will consider you a scared pussy.

292108[/snapback]

i think he meant "dark psy" which is not scary at all.

you know, stuff like matutero, kindzadza, ocelot, whatever..

i think he meant "dark psy" which is not scary at all.

you know, stuff like matutero, kindzadza, ocelot, whatever..

Matutero ain't scary at all? :blink:

Man his music is nightmare!

hmmm i'm just entering myself into the world of dark / techy prog some more... (in the vein of Delta - Pop / etc..) and i already found some tracks that will "scare" you more than most darkpsy stuff... probably because of the pace of the songs (slowly, tons of dark sounds in the background, billion lightyears of reverb effects etc...) i don't know... what i do know is that i highly begin to enjoy this!

np: Sensient - Morehdel :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Matutero ain't scary at all? :blink:

Man his music is nightmare!

292547[/snapback]

nah, i just find it psychedelic, all the scary fx are so tongue in cheek, they make me laugh my ass off. :D

Some older stuff like Darshan, Tim Schuldt, Cydonia, Delta, 12 Moons, can be quite spooky and have well made atmospheric horror. But music like Xenomorph or ANY of the dark artists of today makes me laugh. It's just all these sounds, samples, whatever, they remind me of Scooby Doo, cartoon horror type stuff. It's all tongue in cheek horror, imo. Makes for very fun music, though. :)

''If I come to Greece soon, I will get you one...We can do it together...''

Free drugs? Oh yeah! :D

Hear that E.P.?  :P

291705[/snapback]

Count me in,we will blow his mind away,acid&mushrooms for Ormion

291789[/snapback]

Now I am really tempted to come just for that reason... ;):)

291991[/snapback]

count me in too, i want some mushies :D

maybe we order some p.cubensis from azarius in august at a friend's place

:D

but yeah, i would like some experience trip-m8s next to me :D

Alrune - Bakke Snavvendt

oh! shivers

* EDIT

you re really gloomy, guys, according to the music you listen to ...

I wonder why

Alrune - Bakke Snavvendt

oh! shivers

* EDIT

you re really gloomy, guys, according to the music you listen to ...

I wonder why

292657[/snapback]

Strange btrack name there miss Alisia ... Is it a scary track too? eheh

Anyway, i just wanted too share this .. :)

Gloomy

Pronunciation: 'glü-mE

Function: adjective

Inflected Form(s): gloom·i·er; -est

1 a : partially or totally dark; especially : dismally and depressingly dark <gloomy weather> b : having a frowning or scowling appearance : FORBIDDING <a gloomy countenance> c : low in spirits : MELANCHOLY

2 a : causing gloom : DEPRESSING <a gloomy story> <a gloomy landscape> b : lacking in promise or hopefulness : PESSIMISTIC <gloomy prophecies> <a gloomy future>"

Strange btrack name there miss Alisia ... Is it a scary track too? eheh

Anyway, i just wanted too share this .. :)

Gloomy

Pronunciation: 'glü-mE

Function: adjective

Inflected Form(s): gloom·i·er; -est

1 a : partially or totally dark; especially : dismally and depressingly dark <gloomy weather> b : having a frowning or scowling appearance : FORBIDDING <a gloomy countenance> c : low in spirits : MELANCHOLY

2 a : causing gloom : DEPRESSING <a gloomy story> <a gloomy landscape> b : lacking in promise or hopefulness : PESSIMISTIC <gloomy prophecies> <a gloomy future>"

293199[/snapback]

thank you, psytones :)