Whats the "scariest" track/album

psytones

I love the darker side of psychedelic trance music.

And I know alot of you trippers out there will agree. ;)

My question is easy ... Whats the scariest track/album/live act you have heard on a psychedelic substance?

My answer.. I think eighter it must have been Shiva Shidapu - Shivasidpao, The Album (really wasted on mush and amph ..Loud loud music .. loved it!) .. Or it must have been a live gig by "Neuromotor" @ Hausmania - Oslo .. Kick ass set!!

Just wanted to add one special track from the album of Shiva Shidapu, . .. "Shiva Devotional" .. One of my top tracks, love it!

Guess I havent experienced any real scary tracks on trip .. But this is what I have to show .. so far.

Whats your story?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i don't use psychedelics, but i'm almost sure i'll piss my pants when listening to Sandman - End of the world , under the influence hehe...

Well i don't use psychedelics, but i'm almost sure i'll piss my pants when listening to Sandman - End of the world , under the influence hehe...

285805[/snapback]

Thats ok man, but thanks for sharing a great! suggestion ;)

I think maybe I should burn my self a "Piss your pants this is scary" cdR.

Great to put on when you wanna see tripped out people take off on it! :D

lol, everything sounds crazy on psychedelic.

But if i have to choose something i remember i would pick: shakta, muses rapt & parasense.

Parasense has a track on their first(?) release with a vocal: I am your god, blabla bla bla bla blabla bloe....; DESTROY DESTROY DESTROY.

crazy ass track on psychedelics.

Shakta for lepton head, I love those intense melodies mixed with crazy psychedelic sounds. The law of the octaves is the best thing to trip. Sweet memories ...; //floaths away

And muses rapt just because it sounds like .....flowers?

drugs are bad.... mmmmmkay?

scariest track I heard when I took some acid... from the ones I remember, was Cujorious One - Alien Snack Bar... I ´saw´ some huge alien tentacles crushing on the dancefloor, people´s faces going bezerk, world domination about to happen

hahaha

but then also on my first psychedelic trips I heard many scary tracks that I didnt know who were playing since I didnt know any names at the time...

but then also on my first psychedelic trips I heard many scary tracks that I didnt know who were playing since I didnt know any names at the time...

285834[/snapback]

aaahhh.. the innocence of "fresh on psy" .. I remember that time.. I miss it :)

What exactly is the connection between psychedelic trance and psychedelics?

Call me lame and boring, but I've never had the urge to eat a bunch of shrooms, put on some dark psy and listen to an alien voice rasp, "Diieeeeeeeeeeeeee" in a screaming whisper. That would be a recipe for things to head south in a hurry.

Shpongle....well....now there's a psychedelic mental orgasm just waiting to happen. That flute....oh my god....that flute has carried me into unions with the divine.

I dunno, guess we're all different but it's usually the slow, sweet ethereal and trippy tracks without too much meat that give me the most mileage. Even when I'm tripping to Shpongle and the BPM starts to get too fast, it gets distracting and destroys that cool "slowly twisting and melting into the universe" that I get on the slower music.

I yeah I don't think I'd trip, on either mescaline, lsd or shrooms while listening dark psy trance (from what I've heard of it, which is only 3 or 4 songs). The wrong music can be a nightmare. I haven't tripped in 5 years, but even back then I only did mescaline (peyote) and shrooms. We listened to Sasha+Digweed/Oakenfold and stuff of that nature. I don't even know how I would handle goa or full on Mortal Kombat psy trance, :lol: I would think ecstacy would be better for the faster, more crazy stuff. But I degress. Besides the occasional joint or cocktail, I don't get messed up too often at all.

I am all for oldies when tripping, I like that kind of PRIMAL darkness they used to make, making dark music, not evil.

My favourite 'scary' picks for tripping :

MOS - FIXED

MFG - WHY ?

DELTA - THE THING

SLIDE - UNSTABLE

CHI-A.D. - THE FLAME

TIM SCHULDT - ABSURD

CYDONIA - ANIMAL PEOPLE

X-DREAM - PSYCHOMACHINE

UX - MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE

MENIS - DRUGS DO WORK ( LIVE MIX )

FLA - EVIL PLAYGROUND ( TIM SCHULDT RMX )

BATTLE OF THE FUTURE BUDDHAS - LEAVE THE WORLD BEHIND

I am all for oldies when tripping, I like that kind of PRIMAL darkness they used to make, making dark music, not evil.

My favourite 'scary' picks for tripping :

DELTA - THE THING

285874[/snapback]

Definitely The Thing, this is one hell of a scary motherfucker.. ;)

-I shit my pants, when listening to it at home.

M.O.S. - My Baby

Damn, when the vocal sample begins, my paranoia pops up.. ;)

Guest The Journey Man Project

Sandman - "Natural Born Killer"

thouh scary is thw wrong word I think for this style, more "original"

I dunno, guess we're all different but it's usually the slow, sweet ethereal and trippy tracks without too much meat that give me the most mileage.  Even when I'm tripping to Shpongle and the BPM starts to get too fast, it gets distracting and destroys that cool "slowly twisting and melting into the universe" that I get on the slower music.

285868[/snapback]

hehe ...yeah, I can agree 100% on that. And thats why I really love the releases from Labels like "Tatsu Recordings" .. Who doesnt love the trippyness of the "Dragon Tales" releases? .. Off-topic btw :)

Sandman - "Natural Born Killer"

thouh scary is thw wrong word I think for this style, more "original"

285924[/snapback]

And you have tripped to this track? ...

seraph, I belive you and i love your post! Great list indeed! :D

Dark ambient is my way to feed my dark side and imagination.

The defining album: Lustmord - Heresy

I cannot begin to describe the greatness of this "music" ...or maybe a better description would be "sound art".

Listen in the dark, in bed, with headphones and get ready to be transported to the depths of a dark, demonic underworld.

Listen when you're going to bed, but not if you're really tired. When the circumstances are right, it will be a fascinating, mind-altering experience that you will not forget.

This stuff plays with your imagination unlike any other music, period!!

No drugs needed (and I wouldn't recommend that either, I guess).

Dark ambient is my way to feed my dark side and imagination.

The defining album: Lustmord - Heresy

I cannot begin to describe the greatness of this "music" ...or maybe a better description would be "sound art".

Listen in the dark, in bed, with headphones and get ready to be transported to the depths of a dark, demonic underworld.

Listen when you're going to bed, but not if you're really tired. When the circumstances are right, it will be a fascinating, mind-altering experience that you will not forget.

This stuff plays with your imagination unlike any other music, period!!

No drugs needed (and I wouldn't recommend that either, I guess).

285955[/snapback]

I can confirm that ;)

I think an equally important factor for their scariness is the surrounding you listen to this music. Some tracks I can remember that sent shivers down my spine on the dancefloor were:

- On one of my first mushroom trips: "Technossomy - Synthtetic flesh", and although this is not dark or scaring in any way it managed to really scare me.

- "Authentik - A10" under normal circumstances not really scary but with some shrooms ingested it turned out to be one hell of a mechanic distorted nightmare.

- "Tim Schuldt - Ohm Shiva" in the middle of a forest made me quite trembling as well.

- "MOS - Respirator" it was already dawning but still was not yet bright light, it was a pretty grey and foggy morning in a small valley surrounded by a forest, MOS were doing their live set, and when they played that track on a fucking big PA there was no doubt about it: This is going to be the end of the world!!

Only some tunes that left an incredible scary impression on me while tripping on partys. But since I didn´t attend a lot of partys in the last couple of months I probably forgot about the most of them.

Juno Reactor - Luciana springs to mind.

285956[/snapback]

How can you say you've listened to this song while tripping when you haven't take acid by now at all ? :huh:

i will definitely never take any psychedelic drug :D

285867[/snapback]

you missed the ´hahaha´ when quoting me :D

that´s one very important part of the whole trip...that particular trip was experienced with a big look at the darkside, aided by the music, but all with this powerful ironic laugh in my face that balanced things, making possible to enjoy it a lot :)

My question is easy ... Whats the scariest track/album/live act you have heard on a psychedelic substance?

hehe how bout a 4 hour live set of Battle of the Future Buddhas Vs. Ka-Sol? I remember I was so freaked out that at one moment I actually prefered staying outside in freezing weather wearing nothing but a t-shirt rather than going back in there. I got the feeling that everything that was wrong in the world, the source of all evil was emanating from the main floor. The fear was just overwhelming... Luckily there was some morning psy played after that which made me smile again... But because of that experience I didn't dare touch acid or listen to BotFBs for at least 6 months. Actually even NOW I wouldn't dare doing acid during one of their sets...

Yeah Lemmi!! Thats what I'm talking about! hehe .. .Outside in the cold weather in a t-shirt instead of going inside .. haha, I feel you bro. I did same for 10 - 15 min. (not only once) while seeing Neuromotor + + live. I had to get out to clean my thoughts and soul. :D

There you see, acid DOES make everything scary... BotFB? Haha!

Has anybody listened to Juno Reactor's Shango album? Badimo, Insects, Nitrogen 1&2 and Song For Ancestors should freak you out... the last one freaks me out and I DON'T EVEN DO DRUGS!

I actually prefered staying outside in freezing weather wearing nothing but a t-shirt rather than going back in there.

286132[/snapback]

Oops .. sorry man . . hope you dident catch a cold!!!

;)

i remember that we played very freaky stuff that time.

i freaked out once when a very tripped man i never saw before came to me and begun rubbing my stomach when i was dancing (i thought he put a spell on me or something). later he disconected the electric wires and made the party stop for a while. so i was not the guy that was freaked out by the music, but he probably was . and then he freaked me out