Stay away Devil worshippers!

Guest .::E.P

Guest The Journey Man Project

I bet you beleive people with Disabilties should be put in instituions and not in general society? Or that most Muslims are a threat to Western ways... if you truly do open your mind you'll see things the way they really are, not the way the media and politicians feed them to you. Step outside your saftey bubble, every second person does drugs and has so called enlightened experinces, and it is such a joke that this scene is based on such things, because drugs do not do this, experincing life does.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet you beleive people with Disabilties should be put in instituions and not in general society? Or that most Muslims are a threat to Western ways... if you truly do open your mind you'll see things the way they really are, not the way the media and politicians feed them to you.  Step outside your saftey bubble, every second person does drugs and has so called enlightened experinces, and it is such a joke that this scene is based on such things, because drugs do not do this, experincing life does.

285929[/snapback]

For me , i worked 2 years with handicapted people.

I dont' think muslims are a threat to the western society.

I once had a workshop for my paintings in a big old dirty building. I worked there all winter. The whole block was filled with immigrant (+ the 20 surrounding streets) and it didn't disturb me a bit.

you're just prejudgemental yourself right here. All though i respect what your trying to say and agree on some parts.

And i think drugs are a way to get to enlightment.

Yes, it kills you and makes you mentally sick. It can sound weird but that is the start of it. Loose your mind and come to your senses. It's no pure enlightment but it's a way to meet it. Just like you can fuck your way into enlightment or do it through meditation.

Meditation, sex & drugs have simular effect that pushes your mind to that state. But meditation is off cource the healthiest & purest.

Somebody sure went into a rant.

Anybody who murders people (for no gain) and burns churches is, pretty much, an idiot. It's not accomplishing anything. Yes, it's THAT easy.

:lol: This is just a trend. Just like the 80's when every "metal" band had some kind of metal in their name or like how every death metal band has huge bloody metal letters. Even if they were who cares as long as they leave you alone. If you think they'll start abducting people or sacrificing things at shows I don't think people would put up with that.

almost every music scene seems to have a dark phase spin out of it at some point.

it is really a natural progression in many ways.

however, the "hellish" names and goats heads are most likely just there for the spooky silly scare effect, as has been pointed out.

if you actually do a little research on Satanism you will find it really has zero to do with "being evil". it is really just a different philosophy of an individuals place in the universe.

cripes.

i went to a rave in 1993 in New York called HellRaver, which had tons of Clive Barkers artwork projected on the walls. this is nothing new and is just as much a marketing tactic plopping a Led Zepplin song on a car commercial.

it appeals to some people and some people will buy into it.

but calling it evil and such is about as reactionary as people getting upset about Elvis almost 50 years ago.

I got a promo with Greg on Earth. Strange, twisted disturbed music.

I like it :)

286830[/snapback]

great! When can you send it to me? :P ... Is it original, or a DL mp3? Because I have found the promoalbum @ LimeWire. But the dude who has it is never online enough for me to DL from him. (I am going to buy the album when it is finaly released) So far I got 5 tracks, two from the promo.

The biggest danger to a scene are the people that want to prescribe what's "true" or "untrue". In fact, you can see the same arrogant attitude in the black metal scene for example. Even though I listen to this music, I never managed to get along with these, they think they are some kind of elite. But my experiences with stupid black metallers are another topic.

Anyway, now where does the "respect" in PLUR stand for? Wasnt Goa all about tolerance? I've seen many people acting and looking completely different to each other, and they're all accepted and respected.

Now who has the right to say "this is wrong and this right" or "this is the true spirit and everything else is a threat to the scene"?

Meh, it makes no sense to write more, everything has been said before anyway.

However I find these titles used very silly. Who thinks these very dumb B-Horror-Movie titles will scare anyone? They're damn stupid and I dont get why you should use such a title as "Hell Raver".. ooooh, spoooky. Come on, even little satan-kids will think this is cheezy (evil-cheezy actually). Name it "Schnitzelkraut" or whatever and let the music speak for itself. Anyway, as long as the music is good enough to make me go insane in the good way, these titles dont really hurt me ;)

great! When can you send it to me? :P ... Is it original, or a DL mp3? Because I have found the promoalbum @ LimeWire. But the dude who has it is never online enough for me to DL from him. (I am going to buy the album when it is finaly released) So far I got 5 tracks, two from the promo.

287173[/snapback]

It's on mp3. But it's an old promo. I doubt many of those tracks will be on the actual album.

It's on mp3. But it's an old promo. I doubt many of those tracks will be on the actual album.

287225[/snapback]

According to the man himself there will only be totally fresh tracks on the album, except some remix maybe.

Can't wait for that.

Anyway...back to the topic.

I saw EP claims that this topic entitled "Stay Away Devil worshippers" is actually only an attempt from him to get an artist to reply why they use the names they do.

I can't recall naming any track myself with an evil or satanistic name, so I cannot really answer the question. The only trackname I can think of that is slightly evil is "Acid Hitler". That title was mostly an internal joke, and it sounds a bit funny I guess, but it ain't a good title really and no thought behind.

I have used titles like "Grimner" (oden with his warrior mask) or "Defiant" on my darker tracks, but I could very well imagine using words like hell or devil as well since they are not negative forces in my view and I would not feel that I in any way would encourage people to kill babies because it come across like I promote devil worshipping.

But there has been plenty of answers, both here and in isra.

The one I think is most likely is that the artist wants to make clear that it's no fluffy morning trance. Most words like murder, terror, devil, evil, dark or nightmare will and have been used to clarify what style of music the track is.

Sure there is too much trends in trance, both when it comes to naming and the music itself. But thats a different issue than the "devil worshipping" discussed here.

Another reason could be that EP are infact right that there is many artists that worships the devil. Although I don't think thats the case, I don't see what the problem with that is.

To be a devil worshipper seems a bit stupid to me since it's more representing a sort of anti-christian view rather than any kind of deep understanding.

But from a fundamental teological perspective I guess I could be classified more of a devil worshipper than a christian.

For me the devil can be interpited as "de wheel", ie the circle. In that sense he symbolises death and rebirth, just like Shiva in the hindu mythology (shiva incidentally means wheel in Swedish, or rather disc).

So Siva and the Devil is for me about accepting and unifying the opposites into one.

Also Jesus himself could from that perspective in a sense be seen as more of a devil worshipper than an orthodox christian. If you read the gospel of Thomas Jesus says:

When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom].

So my association of the Devil, Shiva or Oden as symbols is that they symbolise the unity behind everything. Without death no birth, without sorrow no joy.

It's more about understanding the forces in action in our creation than about killing babies or harming other people.

But sure, it also means that you understand that harm inflicted on yourself or other does not need to be bad, and fills a purpose in the balance of things.

That insight can make you a more content and less fearful being, but usually does not mean you go around harming others for the sake of being evil.

So if someone worships the devil it's not a problem. If people cut open pregnant mothers and eat the featus thats a problem, but it has to do with a sick mind and not what faith the person has.

And it sure don't have anything to do with track titles in trance music.

If you look in the news at least it seems more common with fanatically christian people that commit bizarre acts of violence due to their fear of what they percive as evil compared to the very rare cases of people who call themself satanists.

At least in Sweden we had a few cases last few years of christians murdering.

In one case even their own children because they where convinced they where obsessed with satan.

Anyway, if you really want an answer to your question EP I'm sure there is some interviews with bands like the rolling stones or black sabbath where they explain why they choose the track titles they do.

This discussion is almost 50 years old by now, and although it's really mostly the moral majority that still get upset if a track name contains the word hell I'm sure you still can find a lot of information that can help you understand why some musicians mention or even glorify the dark side and that the chances that someone is a murderer is not higher because they used "hell" in a track title.

Posted Image

:ph34r:

"Um actaully seeing as I have done my Masters thesis on Pagan and Satanic Rituals and their relevance in the Nordic Black Metal scene"

well at least you went to school for something uhhh usefull...

ghreg on earth needs to release his album and melt all this dark cheese.

For me the devil can be interpited as "de wheel", ie the circle. In that sense he symbolises death and rebirth, just like Shiva in the hindu mythology (shiva incidentally means wheel in Swedish, or rather disc).

Shiva in swedish has no meaning other than the hindu god. You must be confusing it with "skiva".

Shiva in swedish has no meaning other than the hindu god. You must be confusing it with "skiva".

288755[/snapback]

I'm talking about the way the word is pronounced. Say "mån skiva" and then "bom shiva" and you will notice that they sound identical.

For sure they are not spelled the same, since sanskrit use a completly different alphabet. So the word "Shiva" does actually not exist since it's an attempt to recreate the sound of the name.

Sometimes it's spelled Shiva, sometimes Siva and I have also seen Siba.

Hey, by the way,

anyone seen that South park episode: christmass critters?

with beary the bear

squirrely the squirrel

deary the dear.

etc..

They wanted to give birth to their lord & saviour but it's the antichrist.

And the little squirrel goes like : "now don't be down y'all", "BLOOD ORGY yeah" & "Heil satan!" with a texas accent. :lol:

It's hilarious! :lol: best episode ever.

ok lads, carry on...