Tell me about the full-on you like!

Tatsu

I know a lot of people here get green spots all over their body if they just hear the word full-on. But even the full-on haters have to admit that not all full-on sounds like Skazi. Maybe there are some tracks/artists/albums the non-full-on listeners also like? Tell about your dark secret and name some full-on stuff you like?

I wonder how many replies this thread will get and I hope that there will be no artist bashing or flameing.

Here is some stuff that I think stands out from the standart full-on:

Intergalactic - The Future: The whole album is great but especially track nr. 5, The Future, is awesome. For me it has a bit of the old-school goa feeling.

Spacecat - Mechanical Age: Just an awesome album, I love every track.

v/A - Timeless (Utopia Records): Very emotional melodies from track nr. 3 on.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good fulljöön eh? :)

hmmm...well I do like:

Psydrop - Fantasy Seeds (this is, IMO, the best fjullöni CD evah! Very very well made! :) )

1200 Mics - 1200 Micrograms (not all stuff here is gr8 but still quite enjoyable :) )

nothing else comes to mind...I wonder why :D

edit: Of course I should count Talpa and Misted Muppet in! :)

I totally forgot... :ph34r:

edit2: and phi too! :D

i have friend who is really into spacecat too he enjoys silent sphere a lot (the first cd > 7) Phenix ... is an amazing song). Sub 6 used to very quality music until they turned pop 40's greatest hits with all those vocals. I liked Hydrophonic (Aquabatics) it can be a little clubby, but you know what? i think that is not bad at times. Sun Control species seldom lets me down. I like Metronome... there is B.r.a.z.i.l. i have cought in a couple of comopo's that was quiteee nice... i'm not sure if this stuff qualifies as full on, but is moving and is not on the harder stuff... but if that is the case i enjoyed Klangbilderzeuger which is kind of bokshe beats...im gonna stop there for now.. by no means you should take these as my favourites... just throwing names in the air really :)

Tatsu you read my mind :) Wanted to do the same topic.

Contrary to what EP thinks there's a good full-on out there... Just needs some digging.

Here's what i like:

Scorb, Sub6, Protoculture (he can be extremely cheesy, but very good as well) Artifakt, Gappeq, Panick, Talamasca (Once in a while he pulls brilliant melodies. I don't like his production at all, but he has some very good melodies) Meteloids, Grapes Of Wrath, Dark Soho (Not so dark anymore but worthy)

Well there is the obvious Cosma wich make some good full-on

Keep going is one of the best full-on tracks i know( the way its end is pure bliss and the samples are great)

And there is Cyanescens an aussie project that do some mad full-on, very psychedelic stuff

And there is also some SA artists like Shane Gobi and Rinkandik, wich by the way i have to go now to a party to see the excatly.........Rinkandik

see ya

oh and great topic Tastu :)

first wrecked machines is quite enjoyable.. very calm and easy... while still trippy and danceable... i know lot of ppl dont enjoy rinkadink as i do,, but i do love lots tracks by him...

How about:

Electric Universe - Cosmic Experience, some very nice goaish full on on this one, although the CD as a whole is not as good as Unify.

Triptych - Electrology, some very cool tracks on there with crazy use of sounds, energetic and not your usual poop.

I also find that many Nano compilations are a bit full on but in a classy way.

In particular I must reccomend:

Nano - VA - Clarity

Nano - VA - Natural Selection <--- especially this one, compiled by Protoculture if I remember correctly.

And speaking of Protoculture, his album is quite good full on as well.

frontier u don't like talamasca's production???

r u kidding??

he has one the best prod around...

285401[/snapback]

No he doesn't. All of his tracks sounds pretty much the same to me. There's not much variation in the sound. And his rhythm is nowhere fat as Sub6's for example.

when one use the word production, it refers to the sound quality...

so yeah his sound quality is very good..

what u meant was u don't like his compositions... different word..

and i agree with u that most of his recent tracks r not very good, but i like his older stuff...

Guest .::E.P

Tatsu you read my mind :) Wanted to do the same topic.

Contrary to what EP thinks there's a good full-on out there... Just needs some digging.

Here's what i like:

Scorb, Sub6, Protoculture (he can be extremely cheesy, but very good as well) Artifakt, Gappeq, Panick, Talamasca (Once in a while he pulls brilliant melodies. I don't like his production at all, but he has some very good melodies) Meteloids, Grapes Of Wrath, Dark Soho (Not so dark anymore but worthy)

285396[/snapback]

I never said that Full ON is 100% crap.. I was more lik 99.5% crap ;)

I am aware of that there are a few talented artists in the Full On genre if you dig hard enough.

But my point is that the majority and this also include earlier talented psy/goa artists have lost the plot and only make this music to be able to say "Show me the money". It's not a secret that most parties, festivals ect. go 95% for Full On music these days. So many many otherwise talented artists make Full On to get bookings.. I even know quite a few that dont like Full On but yet they do the music ;) That's why I advocate against Full On. There's way too many artists there ffor the wrong reasons - the money instead of the passion for the music.

Now I can only say that those that have disspointed me most are people like Space Cat, Dado, 3D Vision Records, GMS etc. They started out very promising but sold their soul to Green Bills.

I must agree with some of the senitments expressed above about Talamasca.

Starting with his second album, squeaky clean sound, but not inspiring.

BPM's too high, same same same Talamasca pitter patter full on style baseline too recongnizable in all songs... just not that good. French full on. Nothing more, and not much less.

Many love the guy though. To each their own.

Come to think of it, I have heard a couple of his songs that I like where he (rarely) drops the insane tempo a bit. I think the guy has talent but not for my taste.

I never said that Full ON is 100% crap.. I was more lik 99.5% crap ;)

285439[/snapback]

So tell me about those 0.5% that are better than crap in your opinion! It would be really interesting to know :)

Guest .::E.P

So tell me about those 0.5% that are better than crap in your opinion! It would be really interesting to know  :)

285540[/snapback]

Some examples:

Sub6 have done very nice tracks that are close to what i would call Full ON but way more quality in a musical sense.

Some Blue Planet Corporation tracks comes pretty close to Full On but are of much higher quality than the usual stomp tracks from the masses.

Then there's as Pavel mentioned Protculture. Pretty desent music.

Compare these to crappy music like Eskimo, Space Cat (resent releases), Alien Project etc. and I am sure you get the picture.

Some examples:

Sub6 have done very nice tracks that are close to what i would call Full ON but way more quality in a musical sense.

285544[/snapback]

I'm glad you liked Sub6. They have some interesting surprises for the future. Let's hope that their current label (Hommega) won't spoil them.

I'm glad you liked Sub6. They have some interesting surprises for the future. Let's hope that their current label (Hommega) won't spoil them.

285553[/snapback]

they already got spoiled! some friends caught them in concert not to long ago and they had this rasta mc-icing for like 90% of the thing :( you could say michelle adamson helped them... i would beg to differ... <_<

I dont dig mostly any full on....

but a few here and there have come as ok in my head...

one or 2 sub6 tracks I´ve heard were nice... others I didnt like

one track I heard from protoculture was not too hard on my mind either, so that was ok.. dont know about the rest

and specially, the new jaia album has some full on influences here and there, like some basslines, but its just so much better than most stuff, and also has lots of influence from house stuff and all, so that one stayed pretty good

I haven't bought much records lately, but here are a few releases that come to my mind when I try to think of full-on trance that fits my taste. A common factor for these releases is that they are more based on goa-like melodies than "killer basslines" and stuff like that :P

Space Buddha - Storm Reaction

Astrix - Artcore

Psydrop - Fantasy Seeds

Electric Universe - Cosmic Experience

The Misted Muppet - From The Legend

And as far as Space Cat is concerned, I've really liked his albums although I'm having a hard time to see why they're being classified as full-on.

Cheers,

Kalle!

Early stuff by GMS, Astrix and Talamasca is pretty good, but nowadays there's very little that is listeable. Maybe a track or two here or there, but that's all. If you categorize Blue Planet Corporation as full on though, I agree with EP that it's still quality stuff.

Some Blue Planet Corporation tracks comes pretty close to Full On but are of much higher quality than the usual stomp tracks from the masses.

285544[/snapback]

:huh:

:blink:

Blue Planet Full On ?

I can't believe that such 'expert' say that...

They don't have a slightest connection to full on genre whatsoever.... :ph34r:

I like PIXEL, he makes pretty intelligent dreamy full on.

TALAMASCA makes one of the best full on these days cause he still remains melodic with hard edge.

WIZZY NOISE are also experts in blending pur psy and full on.

Some ASTRIX cause he was one of the first one that propagated this new full on genre.

I don't like artists like ELECTRIC UNIVERSE, JOTI SIDHU, SPACE CAT going to full on genre cause I like their OWN style very much before.