Is this deal worth it?

Hate to say this mate, but you're wrong, very wrong  :o

It's not just the software, its also the person sitting in front of it  ;)

286891[/snapback]

Well I expect whoever buys Logic must either be stupid or really talented (that's £699 down the drain if you fuck up really bad - after all, there are cheaper hosts out there)

And I would consider myself really talented. :P

In re: to the Mic/Preamp deal - I own that Mike and have found it to be really good especially for the money. M-Audio are okay as well as long as you stay far away from the USB stuff and go for the firewire. As for Logic - I found it really hard to use when it was on PC, but you can learn anything and it is more in-depth than Cubase SX3 but a radio telescope is more powerful than one from the store, it really does depend what your objective is. For Psytrance and even music more ambitious (Shponglish) any one would do, don't believe the hype, it is personal preference. Hey, you could even learn both and use both if you really wanted to.

In re: to the Mic/Preamp deal - I own that Mike and have found it to be really good especially for the money. M-Audio are okay as well as long as you stay far away from the USB stuff and go for the firewire.

287095[/snapback]

Sure? What's wrong with the USB stuff?