ge me started

i want to make some music. last time i tried this years ago i could not make sense of cubase =)

anyway im trying to download cubase and reason. what else do i need ?

i have fast computer, good soundcard and speakers but no money to spend on synths or anything like that - it all has to be 100% software.

help :)

Get some good softsynths!

I recommend Superwave P8, Synth1, iBlit, Drumatic for softsynths, they are all free legally and good enough to get you started.

I also recommend that you use your creativity a lot and not just copy the psytrance style!

That way you will learn more about music and not just how to make psytrance song after psytrance song.

Also LPEQ is a good vst-effect for equalizing.

And finally, grab a guide and learn what equalizing, vst and all those things mean :D

I suggest you better start off with Fruity Loops instead of Cubase. It's really easier to get into than Cubase. You can switch to Cubase anyway if you think Fruity Loops has become too weak, but I'm sure you'll stick to Fruity once you've fallen in love with it ;)

Synths: Well I recommend ReFX Vanguard - nearly a must for techno/trance and the likes. Comes with good presets and is great for creating metallic leads and stuff like that. If you listen to my tracks, almost all the synths are done with vanguard.

well another good synth is rgc z3ta+, but this one is very difficult to use, but very powerful and with a high sound quality.

Best choice for basslines is imho Audiorealism Bassline, especially for the typical Psy basslines.

If you want to create good FXes, try Linplug Albino.

Great atmospheric layers can be done with Spectrasonics Atmosphere.

Synths: Well I recommend ReFX Vanguard - nearly a must for techno/trance and the likes. Comes with good presets and is great for creating metallic leads and stuff like that. If you listen to my tracks, almost all the synths are done with vanguard.

Vanguard is one of the best tools for creating energetic psytrance sounds... :)

• 1 month later...

Errmmmm.... <_<

(whisper whisper.... whispering whisper whisper.... www.sonic2k.com whisper)

Cough, cough.... sign up into forums cough... :blink:

Cough forums... cough... / software Cough...

<_<