How do you store your cds?

kYper

I keep my cds in a rack I came across at Target, it holds about 150 or so. I like the idea of the rack, so the cases don't get all scratched up. But I want to put my discs in some sort of organizer/book thingy. I want a nice quality one that we'll be gentle on the discs. Recommendations?

PS= I know this is a bit obsessive but music is a HUGE part of my life, and my cds are like children to me, :lol: !

i use wallets for the most part. but if you want something a little more 'fancy' get the clam-shell looking ones. they are durable you can pile them up easy. they dont wear or sratch cd's that easily if you ask me.

I have three rackets I use, two of them are allready full and I have several small thingies for all CDs that aren't psy. My CDs are divided into compilations and artists album and they are sorted alphabetical because I wouldn't find anything otherwise. One of the racks looks like an alien, maybe I can post some pics later.

My vinyls are sorted genrewise but nothing more.

I have an IKEA shelf, the full-size BILLY bookshelf (202 cm tall I think, 80cm wide), with CD storage inserts creating 12 rows of CD's. It's completely full now and I have record piles all over the place, so I need to buy another one. But this is an older picture:

Posted Image

As for vinyl, I have another IKEA shelf, called EXPEDIT. It's really perfect for storing vinyl and holds up much better under the enormous weight than I thought it would:

Posted Image

This one isn't full just yet, but my girlfriends vinyl is in 5 crates on the floor so we should probably get another one of these too. Money money money...

Amazing collection, I'd like to take a month of holiday and come to your place to listen to music 24/7... ;)

I have a weak memory of reading somewhere that it's you should store CD's like vinyls, in other words vertically.. any substance in that claim?

I have 4 rackets with space for 31 CDs each but they're filled so now there's huge piles of CDs laying around.. don't really like the rackets and I'll probably buy a bookshelf soon. IKEA-Billy looks good :)

Posted Image

:blink: Impressive!

I have vinyls to fill up maybe 1½ of those box-squares :ph34r:

I store them in the cupboard, in the glass virtine part. I find that very lovely and better than any rack. Actually I think the glass vitrine in such cupboards is normally reserved for glasses or liquors or whatever, but I think it's also perfect for CDs, because this way the covers won't get dusty :)