Which MIDI Controll Keyboard..?

NOTE: using Reason2.5 for now and Cubase SX3, getting Reason3 later in the year...

Hi, ive been reading about a few keyboards over the past month now...

Ive found these particular ones which interest me.

They seem to be pretty much the same, though im not 100% sure if there are any cons(Bad things) here.... :huh:

If you could give opinions or what you think i should looking to get (Bugdet £170) that would be great..! :)

Cheers,

Psy B)

Edirol PCR M50

Posted Image

Evolution MK 461C

Posted Image

E-MU X Board 49 Pro

Posted Image

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

All those look nice. I have a M-Audio Keystation 49e and it is fine for what I do with it (£69). It only has mod wheel, pitch wheel and volume control, as well as octave shift buttons, but if you don't need a control surface and are happy with using the mouse, then I'd recommend that. Then you can save the rest for something else!

I use it on a Mac, but it is PC compatible. It should be compatible with Reason. It comes with Live Lite as well.

I use the m-audio Oxygen 8 keyboard .......

I have two now  B)

They have lots of knobs and everything ......  :P

http://www.turnkey.co.uk/tkweb/stockdetail...EN8&context=WEB

282535[/snapback]

Yeah i saw that one too nice and cheap(£60) :) , but do you think its wise for me to look into a keyboard that has a wider range..? ;):huh:

yeah - I suppose it could be quite restricting .....

Still a very useable bit of kit. There is an up/down octave button that you have to hit to take you up and down the octaves .....

Never seen it as a problem myself ....... I kinda play the basic notes on the keyboard then go into the editor and play around with them ....... If the notes need to span over a few octaves it can easily be achecived at this stage ..

:)

if you need to jam on it you will need wider range then, up to your needs.

myself got Alesis PhotonX25 and it's cute B)

ND

I've got the Evolution 449C and it is fuckin sweet, so I think that one you have there of the evloution would be even better.

Its USB connected and it is also powered via the USB, so its super easy to set up and recognises itself immediatley - plug and play! And its real easy to assign the sliders and knobs to things in your programs, like synth settings etc.

But yeah all of those look pretty good. MIDI controlers are the shit!!

Oh I just noticed that the only difference of the Evolution 461 vs my 449 is the number of keys has one more octave, and theres 3 or 4 more assignable turning knobs.

Personally I find the 4 octaves to be plenty, and I have never yet assigned every single knob in a track so if price is an issue the 449c would probably be just as good.

Which one though..? :huh:

283379[/snapback]

mk-225c the super small travel-friendly one!

One of the one up there are evolution :)

283379[/snapback]

um.... yes...I saw that! ;)

Evolution are quite cheap so you can probably get a few more knobs for your cash. But go as big as you can. I haven't had much experience with the other ones. But why not get a synth? Then you can use it as a midi controller and make hardware tuneage too!

I haven't had much experience with the other ones. But why not get a synth? Then you can use it as a midi controller and make hardware tuneage too!

283867[/snapback]

Wish i had more money, i would get some like the nord laed3 or something, i can only dream for now :(:)

• 2 weeks later...