Oldskool track!

I was a little bored today, and a bit sad to actually because almost all of my friends are abroad and all others are working. But not me though. So I decided to do something, and this is what happened :P

I usually don't do this type of music, and I only spent like.. an hour on it. But hey, at least I wasn't bored that hour =)

It's a bit downtempo, oldskool.. something.

Xiphiaz - Ye olde

Listen, or don't (:

Thanks!

I really enjoyed listening to that xiphiaz, really nice work m8.

You're music is coming along very far dude - I'm interested in stuff you make in the future.

This only took you an hour!? :blink:

I really enjoyed listening to that xiphiaz, really nice work m8.

You're music is coming along very far dude - I'm interested in stuff you make in the future.

This only took you an hour!?  :blink:

282162[/snapback]

Thanks m8 :D Glad you liked it and that you're interested of my future work (:

Yep, this took me about an hour to do, but you can hear that, can't you? :P This sucks ;)

:lol:  Nice avatar. Definately an improvement. I also think this is quite good especially for only an hour.  :)

282202[/snapback]

Thanks matey :D

I've updated the song a bit:

Xiphiaz - Ye olde

Just some minor arrangement- and mastering changes. And a slightly altered bassline. :)

I certainly wouldn't say it sucks now....

Perhaps you could add just a little more into it.

Sounds quite like astrix's old stuff in a way (with regard to your control on reverbs, delays and some sfx).

What set up are you using Xiphiaz? I'm interested to know where you get all your pads, synth lines and sfx. And are you working with Cubase?

I certainly wouldn't say it sucks now....

Perhaps you could add just a little more into it.

Sounds quite like astrix's old stuff in a way (with regard to your control on reverbs, delays and some sfx).

What set up are you using Xiphiaz? I'm interested to know where you get all your pads, synth lines and sfx. And are you working with Cubase?

282949[/snapback]

I'm currently working in reason 2.5 only, but I plan to move on to cubase in a near future. But it seems to damn hard and I've quite mastered reason I think, so it feels hard to start over again (:

And as for my pads, synths etc.. I don't know if you're familiar with reason, but it has a system of refills, as they are called, that contain different samples (*.wav, *.aif and so on). And then they're all yours to tweak and etc in the reason software-synths.

But it has no compability with VSTs though =/ And that's why I'm planning to move on to cubase, plus reason has latency issues with keyboards, even when I have a decent soundcard.

But as an answer for your question, it's all reason and creativity!

Are there any possibility to have a look at the reason file? :)

This sounds nice, and I like the tempo shift alot. The synth is great too.. But I do think that the beat should be meastered a little, or in generally turn down the volume.

When the tempo shift, maybe a fast melody would help to fasten it more?

reason is really helpful in creating synths etc, usually i use substractor for bass and malstrom for leads/fx...

nice intro, bassline,fx,everything although it gets boring after 3.00 or something

taking into account that it took you only 1 hour, nice work. :D

Xiphiaz, you could always make use of the ReWire technology.  ;)

285993[/snapback]

Aye ;) But then you'd have to have some basic knowledge of cubase (cause that's what you'd wanna use), which I do not. And besides, it drains your CPU like a bitch! So I think I'll just switch to cubase instead in that case B)

Aye ;) But then you'd have to have some basic knowledge of cubase (cause that's what you'd wanna use), which I do not. And besides, it drains your CPU like a bitch! So I think I'll just switch to cubase instead in that case  B)

286145[/snapback]

Rewire is the bomb!

Belive me, Reason is the perfect drum-machine to use with Cubase.

I get good results :-)