80 members have voted

1. 1. Trippy Or Dancefloor Killer ?

• Trippy
    • Dancefloor Killer
    • Both equally
    • None
    • Fuck you and your polls

• 2 years later...

Trippy cause having a party in your brain is 100 times better than having an ordinary party even with the best dancefloor music.

I mean i am one of those guys that prefers listening to music alone in his bed rather than going to parties or listening to music with other people.

same over here...

I do not want plain hands-in-the-air-stomp-your-feet-whatsoever dancefloor stuff.

I want something deeper which takes me on a journey, something that can evoke some images in mind.

I think trippy is even better for dancing than the "dancefloor killars" ... you can become one with the music, thats what only trippy Goa can do for me.

+1

trippy all the way!

It's hard to create what I consider a dancefloor killer so that was my choice.

There are plenty trippy tracks out there but when I try to find 150 bpm pulsating in yer face track with little coherence to it I do have to get my flashlight!

Trippy all the way.

If you can mix trippy with dancefloor killer then that would be great on the dancefloor.

I love dancing but when a track comes on that can actually stop me & stun me that's the best.

so gimme an example of whats trippy...

so gimme an example of whats dancefloorkiller...

Trippy: Kindzadza - Mars Bless U

Dancefloor Killer : Kindzadza - Mars Bless U

Do you prefer Redwine or a nice steak?

If your hungry, the steak.. If your thirsty, the redwine...

If i want to go to a party i would prefer dancefloor KILLARGHS, if im at home, alone or drinking with some friends i prefer trippy since im not going to dance... Doesn't most people feel that way?

Whoa ... and now, almost 3 years after I voted I'm still the only one who voted for the dancefloor killer :blink: ... kinda cool B)

I chose Both, not because I like both equally, but because my favorite ones are trippy ones that make me bop my head. Not exactly "dancefloor killers", just songs that have a groove and make me bop my head, yet are still very psychedelic.

Whoa ... and now, almost 3 years after I voted I'm still the only one who voted for the dancefloor killer :blink: ... kinda cool B)

you also choose dancefloor killer? so that leaves us with a fishy poll...

you also choose dancefloor killer? so that leaves us with a fishy poll...

I'm damn sure I did!

Didn't I? :huh:

Both. Trippy alone doesn't cut it for me, probably because I'm not big on drugs. I lean towards killarghs, but require some trippiness (a.k.a. synth wizardry).

that's exactly the reason why i prefer trippy sound. it gets me high :)

with dancefloor killaaargh sound i would need drugs to truly appreciate it. no need for that with trippy sound.

@malevolent

Shakta - Lepton Head (Deedrah Remix) is indeed the perfect example. i'd love to hear that song at a party...

that's exactly the reason why i prefer trippy sound. it gets me high :)

with dancefloor killaaargh sound i would need drugs to truly appreciate it. no need for that with trippy sound.

I hear you. It's interesting to see people's differing motivations for listening to this stuff. Personally, I got into it because I wanted something electronic and aggressive at the same time, to complement the relatively unaggressive IDM stuff I was listening to at the time. It basically replaced heavy metal for me. The fact that it was trippy and had lots of interesting things like melodies and effects going on (as opposed to standard techno) was a feature I found I enjoyed, but less than the aggression. Since then my bar for aggressive electronic music has been continually raised, and there are only a few artists who satisfy me anymore.

I hear you. It's interesting to see people's differing motivations for listening to this stuff. Personally, I got into it because I wanted something electronic and aggressive at the same time, to complement the relatively unaggressive IDM stuff I was listening to at the time. It basically replaced heavy metal for me. The fact that it was trippy and had lots of interesting things like melodies and effects going on (as opposed to standard techno) was a feature I found I enjoyed, but less than the aggression. Since then my bar for aggressive electronic music has been continually raised, and there are only a few artists who satisfy me anymore.

that explains a lot. i was listening to freetekno (mainly between 180 and 200 bpm here; tekno replaced DnB which in turn replaced heavy metal for me ;) ) before i came to psytrance. i was looking for music that's more sophisticated and less agressive. started with darkpsy and progressively moved on to fullon and nowadays i listen mainly to goa trance and prefer progressive psytrance to darkpsy and fullon.