Spritual Awakening

Fresh off the renderer, my new track is complete. This is only the 5th song I've ever made and already I enjoy my music more than some of the pro stuff I've heard.

Feedback and constructive criticism is MUCH appreciated.

Hear the new tune here

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=572346&T=6011

BTW this is all Fruity Loops 5 (with some original Sytrus stuff, TS404 and FM7 for the strings) oh and theres over 200 individual patterns used in this song, I'm not kidding when I say its intense (take that filteria :P )

Posted Image

Well I think everyone will agree with that this is a very nice tune! :)

Great melodies, great structure, great production and so on... I guess the only negative thing I can think of is that it gets a bit repetetive after a while in my ears - perhaps make it a bit shorter or try to variate the melodies a bit more. This might just be me though as I'm not really into this kind of music :P

Great work though, keep that up! :)

/ Daze

Yeah, a friend suggested to bring out some of the melodies at some parts so that it doesn't sound so packed all the time - but that was an effect I was aiming for - either way I like it how it is, build downs would have helped too but I was trying to make the whole song be one big climax, I didn't want it to slow down until the end. Thanks for the comments though :)

Guest .::E.P

I enjoy my music more than some of the pro stuff I've heard.

281200[/snapback]

I listened to your track and in my opinion there's a long way for you to go before you can compare yourself with the "pro" stuff. Your production lack a lot. You should work much more on the sound quality, the mix and the individual sounds. Some tend to drown. Could be due to too many layers of sounds at the same time ;)

The track itself is ok but in my opinion it could do with more variation.

Yeah, a friend suggested to bring out either way I like it how it is, build downs would have helped too but I was trying to make the whole song be one big climax, I didn't want it to slow down until the end. Thanks for the comments though :)

281235[/snapback]

Why do you want people to listen to it an comment on it if your not prepared to change anything? ;)

I meant I was aiming for something like that on purpose and I wasn't going to consider differences in taste as advice on how to improve :) But don't take that wrong either.

there's a long way for you to go before you can compare yourself with the "pro" stuff

Indeed, If it was perfect already I might as well stop producing right now since I'd have attained my goal - but no, there is no such thing as perfect. I'm aware, thank you :)

Indeed, If it was perfect already I might as well stop producing right now since I'd have attained my goal - but no, there is no such thing as perfect. I'm aware, thank you :)

281560[/snapback]

Check out so many releases 95-00...a lot of them WERE PERFECT, simple as that.

And I find your answer on EP's constructive criticism as infantile in saying that if it was perfect you should might as well stop producing music completely... :huh:

You ARE going to MAKE the perfect track when you put your ego down...trust me...;)

Some constructive criticism:

- Your kickdrum sucks, it's really awful.

- The lack of filter tweaking makes it feel too static, it's like tracker music.

- The percussion is too standard for my liking, do something more interesting with the drums.

- While I certainly enjoy hypnotic music, this is too flat and needs more dynamics, both in production and arranegment.

- Is there a limiter on the master channel? If so, drop it. and please google for tips on mixing and mastering.

- I can love "muddy" music, but the production here damages the track more than it helps it.

I found the track to be quite dull, and saying "take that filteria" is uncalled for - his stuff is much more intense than this. For a fifth track it's not all that crappy, but you have a long way to go. Keep at it, and do more daring stuff... that way I'm sure you can make some interesting tracks one day. This wouldn't get me very excited on the dancefloor.

Ok, Ukiros post made me excited about this so i gave it a listen anyway.

It's a bit better than i expected, but starts to feel boring after a while.

And the day an artist starts working on an album after the fifth track i dunno what i'll do...

Good atmospheric stuff in the background and nice stuff floating in and out of the mix but the main groove is too static, as ukiro said.

Not bad at all but please don't be so extremely confident! I don't even like when pro's promote their music like that!

And the day an artist starts working on an album after the fifth track i dunno what i'll do...

I have read that it takes 20 wack beats to have a good one, and 20 good ones to have a hit....

Make the calculation, it takes 400 beats to have a hit, and an album should have at least 3 or 4 hits in it...

Good luck ;)

I have read that it takes 20 wack beats to have a good one, and 20 good ones to have a hit....

Make the calculation, it takes 400 beats to have a hit, and an album should have at least 3 or 4 hits in it...

Good luck ;)

282839[/snapback]

I wouldn't be surprised if it is correct ;)

But i think it's more like you need to get experienced, and then you can start making only good tracks or hits (if you spend enough time and thought on each track) cause i doubt hallucinogen has 50 unreleased albums in a wardrobe.

ok, musically your track is very good although it's too repetitive and certainly needs variation and some lead melody or something, btw i really like your basslines etc,.only that in terms of production it needs a bit more work IMO,e.g your snare drum sounds a bit too loud and irrelevant to the rest of the track, you just try compressing/eqing several sounds as well as the final mix to give emphasis on certain frequencies and make it more vivid and less muddy, certainly it's not a bad track, only that i would recommend you to try learning cubase or at least use more VSTs with fruity cuz production with fruity can be really poor, let alone it's only pattern-based[am i right?]...

hello, make a break down in the middle of the track, but yes, despite the bad points, basic rhythms...it's a nice track on the whole!

Edit : i listened to your track "One evolution" post it here, it's a better track in my opinion.

i agree with alot that has been said here, its good but its lacking in some things.

I would say the biggest thing is that it needs more contrast, haveing restraint and more sparse parts will make the more intense parts even more intense sounding.

Thank you for the tips, I've been working hard. Got something new comming soon I'm keeping your suggestions in mind :)

Heres quick 1 minute clip. The production is much improved from the previous one, but I'm unsure of the lead synth, let me know what you think please.

If you hadn't wrote the first two sentences i would have listened to the track.

281715[/snapback]

That`s bullsh*t. I like some of my tracks more than many pro stuff, too :ph34r:

DL-ing the track now...

That`s bullsh*t. I like some of my tracks more than many pro stuff, too  :ph34r:

DL-ing the track now...

286943[/snapback]

Yes, but it doesn't give a good impression to write that to describe the track. You should be able to have confidence without bragging about something that does not exist =)

BTW long time since i saw you here.

Nice, I'm born in Bulgaria too Deepthrone :)

Kazvum se Bogdan ;)

I was just sharing an opinion with that statement, I guess the crowd here took it a little too seriously. Its cool though, I heard what I should have heard.

Guest .::E.P

Nice, I'm born in Bulgaria too Deepthrone :)

Kazvum se Bogdan ;)

I was just sharing an opinion with that statement, I guess the crowd here took it a little too seriously. Its cool though, I heard what I should have heard.

287396[/snapback]

ever thought about that the crowd is right and your wrong? ;)

Thank you for the tips, I've been working hard. Got something new comming soon I'm keeping your suggestions in mind :)

Heres quick 1 minute clip. The production is much improved from the previous one, but I'm unsure of the lead synth, let me know what you think please.

286926[/snapback]

much better than your previous one, nice work m8, liked tha bass sounds...

as far as the lead is concerned, you could variate the melody a bit, and add some extra effects[e.g chorus flanger maybe].

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, but it doesn't give a good impression to write that to describe the track. You should be able to have confidence without bragging about something that does not exist =)

BTW long time since i saw you here.

287326[/snapback]

Then it`s a personal opinion when you say you like it more than a pro stuff ;)

These months I have important exams in Math - sometimes here, many times not :huh: