Psyfactor - Evil Inside

DeathPosture

What can I say? I agree, and they should answer your "easy" question about: What are your intentions. But maybe some of the acts dont have a good answer, wants to be "mysterius"? Maybe they dont care about what others think, and bother to answer? But I doubt their devil worshipper. That kinda thinking is rare these days.

It's like people thinks Marilyn Manson is a devil worshipper, and I wouldnt be suprised if you thought so too E.P. (?)

hehe.. This is turning out to be "Stay away Devilworshippers Volum 2" . lol

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't there already a topic on this in the general forum?

Notice how when a group drops their full name and goes on as an acronym they turn to crap? Growling Mad Scientists -> GMS, Elysium Project -> you get the picture ;) *jab, friendly jab*

i mostly like dark stuff in general but my only problem is its just getting cheesy dark.

deep bass, stupid sounds, stupid track names and quasi horror movie samples arent dark, its cheese.

like the difference between a movie that plays with your mind and a slasher freddy vs jason horror movie.

hi all!

this is really funny to see the judjing of people who dont like this music)))

but

1. - about the track names - about 5 tracks in this album has changed their structure because the first versions of this track seems were spread out in internet, all of them has been remixed and the track names were not changed, i dont need this, i want to hear what i want and to see what i want to see)) and will never do the music which the other people suggest to me))

about stupid track names))) and where is evil? also funny)_)) all people always listening the same dark music like old azax, kindzadza, savage scream and dronebixie, - so u think that the dark music must be only like that???? who thinking like that is a poor people)

and besides!!! i could give u the more track names which are even dont have an idea in a combination with a track of more famous artists,

2 - i like these bass lines and drum, and i always will do that kind of sounds, with more progress of course in sound making)

and if u didnt see nothing in this album, i suggest u to get back for comercial music stuff, it mean that uwill never cant understand dark trance music, cheese or not , whatever

p.s. i dont wont to make a music like the other dark psy artist, i want to make something my own, and in this album i did a LITTLE BIT unique, thats why no one didt understand me)

but from 1000 of people i always could find about 10 of them who would like my music style)

boom)

hi all!

this is really funny to see the judjing of people who dont like this music)))

but

1. - about the track names - about 5 tracks in this album has changed their structure because the first versions of this track seems were spread out in internet, all of them has been remixed and the track names were not changed, i dont need this, i want to hear what i want and to see what i want to see)) and will never do the music which the other people suggest to me))

about stupid track names))) and where is evil? also funny)_)) all people always listening the same dark music like old azax, kindzadza, savage scream and dronebixie, - so u think that the dark music must be only like that???? who thinking like that is a poor people)

and besides!!! i could give u the more track names which are even dont have an idea in a combination with a track of more famous artists,

2 - i like these bass lines and drum, and i always will do that kind of sounds, with more progress of course in sound making)

and if u didnt see nothing in this album, i suggest u to get back for comercial music stuff, it mean that uwill never cant understand dark trance music, cheese or not , whatever

p.s. i dont wont to make a music like the other dark psy artist, i want to make something my own, and in this album i did a LITTLE BIT unique, thats why no one didt understand me)

but from 1000 of people i always could find about 10 of them who would like my music style)

boom)

289141[/snapback]

you keep doing the kind of music you like doing B)

to hell with the rest :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

i listened the cd many times and i simply dont found anything unique in this sound...i found it a very nice mix of xenomorph soundz with the old russian sounds that many many many guys from russia were doing so well in the pasT liek old parasense,cpc,fungus etc...

(and only in the pasT!)

so mr.psyfacTor u tell us that u r a satanist? im wondering,whats your religious beliefs?

dude... not this conversation again... look it up man there has already been pages upon pages of this discussion.

298069[/snapback]

so fuckin what? some guys spend 5454654654654564 pages and 4654564564564 of their life about shpongles 'nothing lasts...'

and i believe that psyfactor guy is not a satanist...i believe even he hasnt read a book of mr.crowly or stuff... only the evil marchaos has the right to speak about those subjects...

conversation over!

ok, no ill intent in my post, all i am saying is that if you want to ask there were already a number a of threads about this... why the need to ask a question you already answered yourself... thats all... have a nice day

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Le Lotus Bleu

1 In Shitty Basterds like in others tunes (4,5,6,7) in Evil Inside, you feel this haunted pensylvanian castle impress : dark, gloomy of course but i would retain mainly misty & scheming-mysterious as musical concepts. This is not the rougher, hardcore side of darkpsy that Psyfactor delivers here (& in general in this album), which means it focuses more on atmospheres & don’t receal these very high tense bassline (tense a bit but not so much). More specificly here, the beat is galopping coppled with a ghostish interrogative lead.

2 Strangely i consider Ghost not to express what suggests the tittle compared to the previous one. Actually the content is more nervous, jerky & trippy, i would introduce it as more classical darkpsy construction with high triturated tones like from 4’35 ; a n effective stuff more dedicated to the dancefloor.

3 I’m So Happy, ok you guess it, the tune doesn’t turn morning or happy melodic although what says the title.

My feeling with the melodic lead from 1’54 is about something cantankerous like a crocodile searchin for a prey & doesn’t want it to esacape from its jaw. At 5’17, the croco catches something and then follows a scene where the little prey (according to the little backgrounded shy bleepy sound contasted with the heavy croco assimiliated lead) try to struggle. An apocalyptic layer appears at 6’38 pre-announcing the battle’s result : only the little prey sound very talkactive resonnates, still alive for this time ; the croco was probably still a bit sleepy.

4 My impress on Child of Darkness is an archelogist discovering & entering an abandonned subterranean place swarming with malfeasants creatures that he’s disturbing with his torch for the first time since milleniums. Due to his professional curiosity about the place, he feels the need to explore it deeply whereas more he goes foreward, more he gets spyed on by the creatures. Too much curiosity isn’t from the taste of the living creatures of the place (giant scarabees, red ants, snakes, bats & hairy spiders), that at 6’12 it’s time to consider the easy way out : to take to flight within the last 3 minutes. This is at this period that i just realize the bassline is very Shift alike whereas it was appearing since the beginning.

5 From the start of Hell Raver you can listen to kinda betwitched zombies voices and this all along the tune. At 2’38 the apocalyptic feeling is reinforced with a new lead. At 3’56 after a break, the bassline-kick combo mutes into an bolted rythmic cardiac feeling like just after when you’ve proceed to a short but intensily violent physical effort ; consequently the tune evolves in a freakier way.

6 Here the alone layer (excepting rythmic) upto 2’10 is nicely nebulous & mysterious then get rejoin by more corossive lead. Already experienced touching an electric enclosure to check what kind of sound it can procurred ? At 4’48 you probably have a sonic element close of the answer, btw no need to extended too much the test except if you want to obtain a Brain Destruction.

7 Angry Goblin has a similar structure as track 2, except the additionnal add of the haunted castle feeling & with main specificity an heavy rumbling bass.

8 Fear Squarel also receal a quite tense atmosphere with a hard pumping kick-bass combo & an apocalyptic layer. On the end the song turns to less gloomy but more hypnotic spiralitic. If you want it to brainblast your brain, choose this tune.

9 Good And Evil plays on the antogonism of the tittle : an alchemy made with an alternance of psydark & more psy-morning (pretty dreamy, cosmic floating layer & lead at beginning, & at 4’55 especially) moments. It’s also a clever way of ending up more chilly the album without completly reny the dominant psydark flavor present all along Evil Inside.

climaxs :1,4,8,9

all the others tracks as alternative choices, no bad one.

Here’s another opportunity with Psyfactor (Dimitry Korablin) and his Evil Inside album to check that not only Parasense was able to come out from Russia as talentuous psytrance artists. If you’re fond of artists like Shift, Twisted System, this album is made for you.

7,5/10

Haven't heard the album yet, but I like Psyfactor's chill track @ VA - A Magical Journey.

...and I'm with EP here. All this devil and evil things, it's SO childish and cheesy =))

If you name tracks like this, you do this because you have got a certain aim, you want track names to give a special effect. And if you want your music to be associated with Devil, Satan and the funny things like that, the most primitive way of reaching that is naming tracks like this. IMO, that has nothing intelligent, psychedelic and interesting about it.

Have you tryed yourself in black metal? :) I'm sure you'd be very popular there among 16yo dressed-in-black-fed-up-with-life depressive kids shaking their head and screaming 'AAAAAAaaaaaaa!" every time words like "Devil", "Satan", "Kill" or something like this pops up. Stupid.

...look and the masters of Dark Psy - Xenomorph, Para Halu, Ocelot - has anyone ever seen track names like this? Never! Their music is so twisted ans psychedelic that it scares me. That's the point about dark, imo.

Has anyone ever seen a discusion about BAD track names? Never! Only about the best ones... So, maybe there is a point in words of guys that spent like 10 years in goa scene saying that this is stupid?

First of all I'd like to thank for all the reviews. :)

There has been an interesting discussion about names dealing with "dark, evil, devil, satan, hell... going on in several forums during the past weeks and I think I'll post some of my very personal thoughts about this new "evil trend".

Concerning the track names.... well I can honestly say that I'm also not very fond of the direction in which parts of the psyscene are going. It's true that more and more artists and labels choose names dealing with darkness, evil, devil... the list is endless. I must also admit that a lot of these ppl using those names come from non-trance, non-psychedelic music directions like nu metal, or other kind of hardcore or metal subgenres, especially young ppl who are new into psychedelic trance.

I'm looking at the situation with mixed feelings cause i have the impression that some of those newcomer "kids" have no clue about the roots of the psyscene. Of course there's a duality behind all this. There's no light without darkness but sometimes I also have the impression that some younger newcomers are especially attracted by this "I'm so evil image". It sometimes seems to me like a typical teenager "rebellion" attitude. So I can understand Christians concerns.

As I understand Psyfactor chose his tracknames in a kind of ironic way regarding this development. At least I can say there's nothing serious behind it, no satanic beliefs etc. And I can also assure that he didn't choose the tracks due to marketing issues. Psyfactor is one of the most idealistic artists I have met and he never made any music for financial purposes so far.

All in all I can say that you should not take the tracknames too serious.

(As you maybe read out of my post I'm also not the biggest fan of names of that kind but as label we believe that it's the artists choice, so there has been no veto from our side.)

About the development in the psychedelic scene.... the labeling of most of the twisted tunes as "Dark Psy" is total crap for me, imho most of the music called "Dark Psy" is not dark, it's just hard psychedelic, twisted, cutting edge music or with the words E.P used: "deep, trippy". I can't find anything dark in most stuff. Concerning our releases on Trishula Records.... for me it's not dark psy and we usually do not promote it under this name at all.

(Another thing is that "wanna be so hard fullon", often also labeled as darkpsy which doesn't represent anything psychedelic for me as the usual fullon, but that's another topic. :D)

Concerning the sentence of E.P that "Hell and evil worshipping got nothing to do with trance and dont belong in the scene.. stay in the goth/metal rock scene".... well I think it's a bit too much. I didn't know that our scene has "entry rules"... It seems a bit arrogant for me that you want to define who belongs in the scene or not ;)

(Even if there may be ppl in the scene who honestly believe in hell or a body manifestation of the devil or satan (what I really can't imagine ) or in a christian heaven or god or whatever... as long as they do not harm anyone let em be and exist like anybode else.)

Believe it or not, some might also say: Cheese and fluffy got nothing to do with (psychedelic) trance...

Maybe you should consider that some ppl might see some of your music in that way. So here comes the duality again: Both has somehow a "right" to exist.

And last but not least:

Maybe it's better not to take everything so serious ;)

:)

greets

Rudra

• 1 month later...

It's mostly kind of same-y, but lordy does this release rock. Moody, percussive and psychedelic. Minor floaty melodies weave in and out as background, but the real activity is in the morphing scratchy noise. Until you forget about the melody, then realize it's gently nudging your mind over the freakout line and putting the shoulder in if you try and cross back. And plenty of kick-drum to go around.

Tracks 8 and 9 get more overtly melodic, but not overly fluffy.

8.5/10, I like it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I've listened to this album several times and I've come to the conclusion that it's really not as good as I would've liked it to be. I like a lot of the ideas, but it seems somehow lacking. A lot of the main sounds are repetetive from track to track and don't really have much depth to them. There's a power factor here that's impressive, but it lacks subtlety and musicality - in other words it doesn't back up the power with substance. It also doesn't quite live up to the sleeve artwork which is about the most in-your-face evil shit I've seen. I'd throw this CD into the pile with a bunch of other similar CDs called "Good for that one particular mood once or twice a year."

well I was gonna say that Psyfactor is among the rare dark psy producers these days who still put dark atmospheres in their tracks... but then I listened to Ghregg on Earth - Sigilweaver and that one seemed WAY better... Not saying this isn't good though, just that if you were to buy only one dark psy album then I'd definatley pick Sigilweaver over this one. Although this has it's merit as well, especially by introducing us to a new sub-sub genre I call "monring dark psy" with the last 2 tracks: basically melodic trance with the dark psy trademark fast droning bassline. Fear Square is one of my top tunes of 05!!! It's so beautiful I actually had tears in my eyes the first time I listened to it :)

Now if Psyfactor made a whole album like that I'd be in heaven :)

8/10

PS for the cover: don't people realize that Psyfactor was just taking the piss out of the whole dark psy concept? I like the cheezy cover, it makes me smile every time I look at it :)

Haven't heard the album yet, but I like Psyfactor's chill track @ VA - A Magical Journey.

...and I'm with EP here. All this devil and evil things, it's SO childish and cheesy =))

If you name tracks like this, you do this because you have got a certain aim, you want track names to give a special effect. And if you want your music to be associated with Devil, Satan and the funny things like that, the most primitive way of reaching that is naming tracks like this. IMO, that has nothing intelligent, psychedelic and interesting about it.

Have you tryed yourself in black metal? :) I'm sure you'd be very popular there among 16yo dressed-in-black-fed-up-with-life depressive kids shaking their head and screaming 'AAAAAAaaaaaaa!" every time words like "Devil", "Satan", "Kill" or something like this pops up. Stupid.

...look and the masters of Dark Psy - Xenomorph, Para Halu, Ocelot - has anyone ever seen track names like this? Never! Their music is so twisted ans psychedelic  that it scares me. That's the point about dark, imo.

Has anyone ever seen a discusion about BAD track names? Never! Only about the best ones... So, maybe there is a point in words of guys that spent like 10 years in goa scene saying that this is stupid?

310055[/snapback]

pff who cares about track names if his music rocks?

• 1 month later...
Guest The Journey Man Project

Got this yesterday... whilst it is pretty muich what I expected... I am somewhat dissapointed as his latest track on Trishula's new comp just kills this by a mile... the two long trax on this, 4 and 9 I think, are the most impressive... track 4 would make and awesome intro to a set and hte last one is bordering on to fluffy but has a hppy feeling to take you out!!

• 1 year later...