Japanese psytrance scene

NT

A lot more interesting than the russian and South african psy stuff released nowdays.

279899[/snapback]

Actually, Russian & S.African psy... er... sorry, but mostly it sucks...

And, there are at least 2 tracks at the comp. discussed, that I would add to my collection:

Aldus B / Hot Data

Catatonic Despair / Realm Of Lunacy

Mind twisting stuff, that leaves a black hole in my head after only few minutes of listening %)).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there thing called Japanese Psytrance scene ?

No, seriosly, I was joking, but considering how big country is that and how they are obsessed with technology, I would expect more japanese artists doing trance, making new forms of music, breaking the boundaries...;)

Just got myself a pirate copy of "V.A. - Predecessor" , and i came to the conclusion that this stuff is absolutely CRAZY & UTTERLY INSANE, think Psykovsky / Procs , but DARK... much darker and stranger... with a rather strange usage of ("cheap") samples / sounds and rather 'flat' sounding. Will this be the beginning of a new future of psytrance?. I think i like it. Why do the Japanese always have to top it and "innovate" stuff?

Not for the faint hearted! And not for people who aren't open minded towards 'new' stuff and cheaper sounding samples / sounds!. (The formula works though, trust me!)

Posted Image

np: Catatonic Despair - Sinister Path  :wacko:

279123[/snapback]

hey when you told me "CRAZY & UTTERLY INSANE" i was expecting something crap like Mistress of evil :) actually it sounds much more interesting and sensible, and there is a technoish side that i love!

The cover is great.

Is there thing called Japanese Psytrance scene ?

No, seriosly, I was joking, but considering how big country is that and how they are obsessed with technology, I would expect more japanese artists doing trance, making new forms of music, breaking the boundaries...;)

283990[/snapback]

yeah, btw tsuyoshi from prana now plays some house shit.... big dissapointment :(

[OFFTOPIC]

btw where did you get your avatar from? it's really psychedelic... i tried to pm you but your inbox is full[?] [/OFFTOPIC]

They are usually not ground brakers.

285779[/snapback]

What do you mean with this?

Guest The Journey Man Project

yeah, btw tsuyoshi from prana now plays some house shit.... big dissapointment :(

[OFFTOPIC]

btw where did you get your avatar from? it's really psychedelic... i tried to pm you but your inbox is full[?] [/OFFTOPIC]

285476[/snapback]

Um heard him play not long ago and it wasn;t house... very dark twisted techtrance... maybe he lays house becuase it gets him more gigs?

Um heard him play not long ago and it wasn;t house... very dark twisted techtrance... maybe he lays house becuase it gets him more gigs?

286893[/snapback]

yeah probably and some other cheesy crap i dont like...[e.g check the VA = Sounds of feedback album], crappy tracks of Tsuyoshi,mitsumoto,mjoujouka...

dark techtrance sounds interesting though :D

• 2 weeks later...

hey hey

sorry to bring this old topic back up, but i was surfing thru here and thought id add in my 2cents

the japanese psytrance scene imo is incredible. this coming from a person who attends events every weekend... ( i need to slow down for many many reasons, but ah well...)

dont think you can get even a taste of what its really like from a track or a couple of japanese psytrance cds to be honest - its what happens on the floor, stage, field, beach, whatever.

im just glad to report that im having a blast over here :D:D:D

PS the good good events happen either at major parties, ie. solstice, mother, koa, ect where foreign djs fly into tokyo to spin such as astrix, alien project, altom, rinkadink, raja ram etc - and equally the smaller local events where "minor" djs spin. imo the "bigger" japanese djs events are often more than dissaponting...ie tsuyoshi (tho he spins now some alright "elec guitar" psy trance)

PSS the only "big" japanese psytrance dj i really really enjoy is DJ Ryo of Solstice .

anyone has more japanese tracks/samples?!

tnks

285194[/snapback]

K.U.R.O.

V/A - JP Noir

excellent tech tunes

• 5 months later...

ah, recently listened to this odd compilation again... it still remains great/different from the rest, but it hasn't got the same impact as it did when i posted this.. (duh!) HOWEVER! Still this is one of those 'hidden gems' released this year, so if you have the time, go and check it out!

Anyway, lets hope that this label will release more stuff soon!

anyone has more japanese tracks/samples?!

tnks

285194[/snapback]

try this one, Savage scream - Freak Show (Evilcore Edit)

And yeah this compilation is quite good.Nothing super special.

At least their sound is different.Lately every fuckin compilation has the same sound,every fuckin song looks like the next and the previous one.Like everyone is using the same cubase plugins.This one is a bit different.But again,nothing special.It is the way it should be.

Look out for 3 new Catatonic Despair tracks coming soon on Nabi Records' new compilation v/a- Deep Mental Trauma!

Catatonic Despair - Skin & Salt - 148 bpm

Catatonic Despair - Flicker - 148 bpm

Catatonic Despair - Rusty Edge - 148 bpm

Higher Tempo :D

Look out for 3 new Catatonic Despair tracks coming soon on Nabi Records' new compilation v/a- Deep Mental Trauma!

Catatonic Despair - Skin & Salt - 148 bpm

Catatonic Despair - Flicker - 148 bpm

Catatonic Despair - Rusty Edge - 148 bpm

Higher Tempo  :D

402761[/snapback]

Nice! Looking forward to it... *keeps the title in mind*