Japanese psytrance scene

NT

Just got myself a pirate copy of "V.A. - Predecessor" , and i came to the conclusion that this stuff is absolutely CRAZY & UTTERLY INSANE, think Psykovsky / Procs , but DARK... much darker and stranger... with a rather strange usage of ("cheap") samples / sounds and rather 'flat' sounding. Will this be the beginning of a new future of psytrance?. I think i like it. Why do the Japanese always have to top it and "innovate" stuff?

Not for the faint hearted! And not for people who aren't open minded towards 'new' stuff and cheaper sounding samples / sounds!. (The formula works though, trust me!)

Posted Image

np: Catatonic Despair - Sinister Path :wacko:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buuuuuh i feel wierd.... very wierd... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

np: Catatonic Despair - Realm Of Lunacy :o:unsure::blink::wacko:

Hm, you can find samples here:

http://www.saikosounds.com/japanese/show_l...sp?label_id=610

I reccomend you to check out the songs from Catatonic Despair :wacko: (But the rest will also do just fine... ) Ill driving psytrance... what the fuck man!?

aaaaaaaaargh i'm going to die

This is by far the most original and weird shit I've heard in a very long time. It's very very strange but somehow I started to love the tracks.

w00t, Just listened to Aldus B - Hideous Strength. :blink::blink::unsure::ph34r:

I think even stuff like Hujaboy cant match the darkness of this. The other tracks are good too but a little too weird for my taste, but this one owns me. Can it get any darker? :ph34r:

I think the japanese got something really hot here. This has the originality the 'western' scene is lacking more and more. We will see how it evolves.

well after hearing those samples...hmmm.. im bit perplexed... im not sure what to think

i could see myself getting lost in this, but im not sure it qualifies as dance-floor material... im not sure i would want to be in a place where they are playing this stuff in big PA :ph34r:

and let me tell you i have been to some strange places in my time...

well after hearing those samples...hmmm.. im bit perplexed... im not sure what to think

i could see myself getting lost in this, but im not sure it qualifies as dance-floor material... im not sure i would want to be in a place where they are playing this stuff in big PA  :ph34r:

and let me tell you i have been to some strange places in my time...

279200[/snapback]

I see what you mean, this is some evil and mean / sick stuff, probably also not designed for the dancefloor, and not very dancefloor suitable... but i don't mind i think its great music. pushing the barriers!!!

Whats so new about this?  ... sounds a lot like Ka-SoL to me.  :D

279360[/snapback]

haha, come on, be reasonable.. Ka Sol is happy fluffy dancing butterflies stuff compared to this !

haha, come on, be reasonable.. Ka Sol is happy fluffy dancing butterflies stuff compared to this !

279362[/snapback]

You sir, have not heard a Ka-sol live set. Don't judge him by the released stuff - no label dares release his more sinister music (except perhaps Schlabbaduerst), thats why people generally haven't heard it. It's generally leaning more towards psychedelia than this stuff though, this is more "pure" darkness. Procs is also way more psychedelic IMHO, and more "crazy dark" than "sinister dark".

Also, I must add that when I saw Procs live a while back, he was way beyond this in terms of weirdness, darkness and most of all energy. His album should be out this summer and I have enormous expectations after hearing him... That said, this isn't bad at all and the scene certainly needs more mindfuckery and less club-styled "sober" music.

And yes, it can get darker than the stuff in the samples linked above, believe me =) (though tracks 6 & 7 are fairly dark)

279362[/snapback]

Hmmm... yes they can be quite happy and fluffy, but they have some trax that could probably scare the living daylight out of this stuff ;) and it' true as Ukiro say: Don't judge him by the released stuff, thats just the disco ;)

However, This Japanese music is really good, maybe there is some hope fore the psytrance scene :D

Wow! . . . pretty good dark music.

A lot more interesting than the russian and South african psy stuff released nowdays.

I have four of my experimental dark tracks on a webserver for download

maybe not made for dancing , but it could be worth listening to if you like this japanese stuff

enjoy!!!

http://cargobay.sytes.net/~ka-sol/

279899[/snapback]

WOOHOO!!!

Industrialismo is very very nice... If "nice" is an applicable word here =) This what I want on the dancefloor at night - PSYCHOSIS! The others were *very* experimental though, hehe.... Too bad ka-swing is distorted.

now, back to making music, with some fresh inspiration ;-)

You sir, have not heard a Ka-sol live set. Don't judge him by the released stuff - no label dares release his more sinister music (except perhaps Schlabbaduerst), thats why people generally haven't heard it. It's generally leaning more towards psychedelia than this stuff though, this is more "pure" darkness. Procs is also way more psychedelic IMHO, and more "crazy dark" than "sinister dark".

Also, I must add that when I saw Procs live a while back, he was way beyond this in terms of weirdness, darkness and most of all energy. His album should be out this summer and I have enormous expectations after hearing him... That said, this isn't bad at all and the scene certainly needs more mindfuckery and less club-styled "sober" music.

And yes, it can get darker than the stuff in the samples linked above, believe me =) (though tracks 6 & 7 are fairly dark)

279464[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, i love Ka Sol (thanks for the link to your mp3s mr. Ka Sol!), havent heard his stuff live though, but agree with me that this release is pretty much as dark/crazy as it gets nowadays. i'm still shocked when i listen to it. pretty good stuff and psytrance NEEDS stuff like this! after the recent 'overkill' of darkpsy releases i found myself losing interrest in it (except for the great names/producers and exeptional names), this is 'refreshing' and truely mindbending imo. (i dont say: "aaaargh, i'm going to die" for no reason ;) ) The 'scene' needs more stuff like this imo! and i'm really curious what we will hear from the Japanese front in the future! I'm happy that at least Cybernetika agrees with me!

You sir, have not heard a Ka-sol live set. Don't judge him by the released stuff - no label dares release his more sinister music (except perhaps Schlabbaduerst), thats why people generally haven't heard it.

)

279464[/snapback]

why is that? i mean, they're afraid it wont sell a lot or something? Labels sacrifice originality in the name of money?

Interesting in a weird way.

Actually, I quite like the use of sound. My issue with it is that it sounds a bit thin and squeaky in places. I'd like it more if the beats had a bit more oomph and were a bit less quickly monotonous.