Do you appreciate the little extras included when

Tatsu

You know, stuff like DJ slips with the tracklist, stickers, a paper sleeve around the CD case (Phonocol does (did? haven't bought a new Phonokol CD lately) catalogues from the labels and so on. Or do you think it is commercial crap?

A DJ slips is nice, even if I don't really like it, I also appreciate stickers and catalogues of the label. The paper sleeve looks good but I dislike it because it makes the CDs no longer fitting in my CD board.

What do you think?

offcourse!! i'm always been disappointed with psy-cds because most of the time there's almost no booklet, while with 'regular' cd's you could read a whole book! now mostly it's only the tracklist, some cool image and the thank you's :( i want more!

I HATE HATE HATE the paper sleeves around the case. The CD's don fit anywhere! It sucks I tell you!

Stickers are nice though. A good booklets.

I dislike the paper-sleeves too... I always end up throwing them away... But I really like extra stuff like DJ sleeves, stickers, fat booklets, etc... Also added stuff like videos, games, etc is a nice feature...

The new Rinkadink CD is very cool... It contains a link + password to download the Techmology V3 video + it has a sticker... And it has the cardboard sleeve too (which I personally dislike, but I'm sure others like it)

/DP

indeed. paper sleeves are anus.

i ordered a few cd's from chaosunlimited once and they packed my package FULL of stickers and cool flyers and catelogs and stuff. i even got a free mix cd that one of the guys (mick chaos) did. i appreciate anything thats free :D

i ordered a few cd's from chaosunlimited once and they packed my package FULL of stickers and cool flyers and catelogs and stuff. i even got a free mix cd that one of the guys (mick chaos) did. i appreciate anything thats free  :D

278636[/snapback]

Awesome. I've got to order from them someday. :)

You really have to, Chaosunlimited rocks! I always got some free magazines or posters with my orders.

I got a voucher for a free blowjob from Skazi when i bought his Mafia album. I'm not sure i'd go for it though. His chin hair looks too wild.

279019[/snapback]

You bought a Skazi album?? :o

in short yes, it is obviously nice when they send you stickers and junk like that. But mags and stuff, sooner or later they all end up on the crash can... or sticked to my computer box...

Booklets are clearly nice when they bother putting something nice in good a decent paper but when they get real fat i have problem allocating them in my cd wallets... i could just as well put the booklets on a space aside, but this would mean buying twice as many cd wallets and thats not a good idea. so i fit them with the cd... but when they are fat it's hard to stick a cd on the opposite side. heh i guess i went a bit off topic, whatever to each their own... if had kept the actual boxes and didin't throw them away almost emediatly i guess it would be a diff story.

i also dislike the thin psytrance booklets... I saw a cd in a store called "change" by mr. c (i didn't buy it so i can't tell if the music is good) and in the booklet he had wrote about 10- 20 lines about each song, where he got the inspiration and such. Very nice.

You really have to, Chaosunlimited rocks! I always got some free magazines or posters with my orders.

278641[/snapback]

so true - Chaosunlimited always sends great stuff with their orders.

never ever recieved so much from another shop.

and kewl stuff like magazines - posters - stickers...

Booklets ... oh yeah ...

If psy cds had bigger booklets I'd certainly buy more. Because I love looking through the booklet when I listen to the music.

And as psy doesn't have many lyrics I'd say the utmost ultimate killer best would be a booklet with A PICTURE (of course as big as a page) for each track (good metal albums have a page with lyrics for each track ... so in psy I want a pic on each page for each track ... and one that fits!)! Damn, nobody is doing that....

Booklets ... oh yeah ...

If psy cds had bigger booklets I'd certainly buy more. Because I love looking through the booklet when I listen to the music.

And as psy doesn't have many lyrics I'd say the utmost ultimate killer best would be a booklet with A PICTURE (of course as big as a page) for each track (good metal albums have a page with lyrics for each track ... so in psy I want a pic on each page for each track ... and one that fits!)! Damn, nobody is doing that....

279381[/snapback]

Juno Reactor - Bible Of Dreams does exactly that - one surrealistic pic for each track. Many non-psy-trance-releases (like BT) do as well.

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

I think generally the booklet doesn't contain enough interesting things.

For example i enjoy looking pics of artists,birthday date or country origin in Groove-Zone releases :) .

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Juno Reactor - Bible Of Dreams does exactly that - one surrealistic pic for each track. Many non-psy-trance-releases (like BT) do as well.

279391[/snapback]

True Cinos this booklet got very nice artworks, also the design of the case with the magnet to open/close the album is quite original for a an album :)

True Cinos this booklet got very nice artworks, also the design of the case with the magnet to open/close the album is quite original for a an album  :)

279460[/snapback]

Magnet? Heh, I haven't noticed! :)

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Magnet? Heh, I haven't noticed!  :)

279461[/snapback]

How's that possible?

That's the first thing i noticed while opening it

:lol::P