the evolution of trance discussion

Anoebis

Anoebis, I agree 100 % with you. I am also for progress and evolving but not burying the old style in a grave making more space for non sense. And there is HEAPS of non sense these days. That is why I am glad you kept the spirit with new compilation...;)

psytrance will explode the minute backstreet boys fans take a look at it and say: thats a killarrrgghhh sound.

they are already taking it to the mainstream here, in regular tv shows, massive events where trendy abercrombie people attend just because its the "in" thing as well as armed lowlifes (like uk chavs) causing trouble, the whole insecurity feel like youre entering a bad place... :angry:

I would like the evolution to be less genre focused and more focused on psychedelic music. A mix of serious head music and light hearted extroverted groovy fun music would be lovely. My dream party would be a blend of deep house, techno, psy-trance and the new interpretations of samba, tango and jazz. People gathering to enjoy the borderless psychedelic music experience, rather then the genre specific psychedelic trance experience.

...and let's hope that the "goa trance is the most advance music in the universe" spirit fades away for good.

278181[/snapback]

Well, sounds like a plan to me. Where do I sign up?

I imagine the process of a musical genre as the process of a star.

It first forms and keeps a constant ammount of energy when suddenly turns into a supernova which means getting bigger and bigger, and then it gets so big that has to explode...the energy leaves and all it remains is this white dwarf which will only finally turn into a rock.

The beauty of our musical environment is that everything evolves to something that relates to the past but also looks into the future, its like 2 white dwarfs find each other and mixing, rock is not what it used to be 30 years ago and psytrance will not be what it is now either. It depends on how many people are insterested in taking it to the next level.

I made a question here a while ago and I would like to know if you think the 4/4 beat will survive in the next 10 or 15 years.

I would like to know if you think the 4/4 beat will survive in the next 10 or 15 years.

282606[/snapback]

Of course it will. Don't you worry :)

I meant what charactarizes the 'scando stuff'. I havent noticed any real difference... I think... I dunno really... Anyone?

284347[/snapback]

Well, every Scandinavian country except Norway has some typical sound

Denmark: Parvati sound (with Grapes of Wrath, Insane Behaviour,... Aarhus gang)

Finland: the mad disco-cyber-punk-goa style (texas faggot, squaremeat,...)

Sweden: Forest style (Kluster, Buddhas, Ka Sol) & Progressive house/tribal progressive style (Son Kite, etnoscope, S-Range,...) & a melodic trance part (Halosian, Filteria, Logic Bomb, Subcouds,...)