Most intense Killer Kick Drum Ever thread

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, now playing Hallucinogen's Mi-Loony-Um! tune and i must admit that this tune has the most killer kick drum ever in the written history of Psy-Trance. The kick drum is so killer. It's simply killargh.

Discuss...

277042[/snapback]

hmmm....id go as far as to say its more "kiilllllaaaaarrr!!!!!!" than "killargh". i heard it on a big fcuk-off sound rig at the millenium party in cape town (that song was written by simon for that party). and yes. it slaughtered everyone on the dancefloor. the vultures were feeding on their carcas's the next day. total sonic genocide.

Wow man, that Simon dude is like a total murderer. When he played his wicked tunes in Israel he killed so many dancefloor goers. He's like the grim reaper. Did you look him in the eyes? Total devastation.

277054[/snapback]

more like a soul reaver than the grim reaper. once your physical body has been brutalised and devastated but his killaaaar grooves, your soul too gets torn to shreds and vanguished from the actual fabric of existence. end-of-the-universe terror traxxx.it goes beyond cyanide nazi deathcamp style trance. it even goes.....beyond killaarrrg.

The more intense kick drum i heard are in the track :

Har ell prusky and johann bley - Colours

Herbal Essence - Crazy

but the most violent i heard are the kick used by Cyan and mystica, check the Cyan - CQ.

more like a soul reaver than the grim reaper. once your physical body has been brutalised and devastated but his killaaaar grooves, your soul too gets torn to shreds and vanguished from the actual fabric of existence. end-of-the-universe terror traxxx.it goes beyond cyanide nazi deathcamp style trance. it even goes.....beyond killaarrrg.

277056[/snapback]

Nuff said.

so u are actually saying that hallucinogen has more killargh kickdrums than the god almighty? (skazi)

hmmm  this calls for celebrity deathmatch..  just wait till skazi calls Mtv!

277083[/snapback]

LOL. Skazi is a turd. Simon is the GOD. Didn't you hear the news? :P

but the most violent i heard are the kick used by Cyan and mystica, check the Cyan - CQ.

277060[/snapback]

you certainly mean Mystica - Ashes to ashes! :D

i'll vote for Necton :)

277060[/snapback]

of course someone mentioned it! this kickdrum makes me smile, i love Swamppeople and From here to yer ear.

As far as i am concerned I'd say MFG - New kind of world, huge kickdrum.

MFG - New kind of world

Power Source - Cosmic Waves

Huuge bouncy kicks :)

And..

Miranda - Gnocci

An attempt to take this topic seriously: If we limit ourselves to undistorted kickdrums, and more specifically the sinewave-based ones common in psy trance, x-dream would be prime contenders for the award. But it all depends on what system you're playing on - on my alarm clock radio, I bet a high-pitched clicky old koxbox kick would sound better... Since most speakers can reproduce mid range frequencies better than bass and since our human hearing picks up mid better, most "big" kickdrums actually just have a lot of mid. For an X-dream kick in this style, check that track Marcus did with Atmos for the Irritant album, "No Process". X-Dream also deserves a medal for continously experimenting - most artists today use the exact same kick in every fucking track of an album, while X-Dream have enormous variation. Compare previously mentioned "No Process" with "Peters Hoover" for example...

Actually, from the Family Of Light era Pleiadians had some very fat kicks too...

As for worst kicks, I'll vote Astral Projection. I can't stand their standard ones.

I also have to add that Son Kite have great variation and very nice kicks, allthough perhaps not the fattest or biggest, but that is more due to the overall production than to the kicks themselves.

Tim Schuldt have had awesome kicks since 1997 as well - before that they were pretty bland. I think I have to go reproduce some of his kicks actually, his kick attack sound is always perfect.

what's a kick-drum ? :huh:

277762[/snapback]

Bass drum. It's called kick since on real drum sets you play it with your foot. I usually say kick drum to avoid confusion between bass drum and bass line.

If you think Astral Projection has powerful kick then you have a problem with your ears. They could be loud but they sure aren't powerful.

My vote goes to:

Son Kite - Let Us Be

Atmos - Cable Enable

Reefer Decree - Paperbox (or was it Dirty Chip)

If you want killar kickdrums (based on Ukiros definition, I confess I haven't heard that expression before) then I'd say Etnoscope.

They have mostly deep and pounding kickdrums, very deep. I love that. Very earthly feeling if you know what I mean ... like ... if nature had a kickdrum it would be a deeeep and pounding one. One that doesn't sound synthetic to me (and a deep one ("poum!") does sound less synthetic than a "bam!" one I' say ... or is that just me).

Though I love the "bam!" ones too sometimes :wub:

Duh.

But Etnoscope have good ones :)

Well I have not often heard a harder kick drum than in Kindzadza - Mars Bless U. I'm not a huge fan of too hard kicks but this one fits quite well.

And then there is Terminator - KFSBK on submarine. It's a hard psy kick but pretty deep and well balanced. I'd call it the perfect kick.