Cubase SX

Quick question for all you Cubase users and abusers!

If you reinstall Cubase do you have to reinstall all your plugins too?

I have reinstalled Cubase a few times, and each time I have uninstalled and then reinstalled all my plugins as well. A friend of mine tells me this is the way to go. But it's quite a time consuming process! Just wanted to know if it was possible to make a copy of your Vst Plugins folder and then copy it back into the directory of a freshly installed SX?

your input would be greatly appreciated ;)

I'm pretty confident you can do that. Installing them is just a process of unzipping the dll files if im not completely wrong, and the dll is all you need. Don't trust me though, but i know you can do this atleast with all the plugins i have.

I'm pretty confident you can do that. Installing them is just a process of unzipping the dll files if im not completely wrong, and the dll is all you need. Don't trust me though, but i know you can do this atleast with all the plugins i have.

276960[/snapback]

thanks m8! I may just give it a try!

say what?

NO!

you don't have to remove your plugins, they are independent. unistalling cubase removes only its own built-in plugins...

ND

say what?

NO!

you don't have to remove your plugins, they are independent. unistalling cubase removes only its own built-in plugins...

ND

277275[/snapback]

WICKED! THANKS!

I can third that.

You're plugins go into a directory (usually steinberg\vst) as I'm sure you know, and that's where they stay. Cubase, like fruity or any other sequencer will access them from there. Just make sure you don't delete that directory! Also - some plugins like to install in their own folders in program files (I don't know who the idiots are that write the installers, but somebody should let them know what they're doing is wrong).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest djnemo

My question is: why would you want to re-install cubase in the first place? Maybe there is something that we can help with, that is better than re-installing :)