Optokoppler - Replugged

Banan

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Here it is sorry for the delay :ph34r:;)

Optokoppler – Replugged (U.S.T.A)

Tracklist :

1. Clean

2. Straight

3. Tool Time

4. Persia

5. Conqueror

6. Into The System

7. Intergalactic

8. Traditions

Total running time :72’

Optokoppler are Oliver Schmidt & Tim Rüsken both 26 years old from Hamburg, Replugged’s mastering was done by Mondo & digital one by Ronen Naor .

When i first heard their sound on Loud Frequecy with Sie Nannten Ihn Locke, i labeled their work as morning prog. So beginning the listen of Replugged i was convinced it would be this direction. I quickly understand i got false.

Clean : A muffled dark hypnotic full on whirlwind at first which gets more light constrated after 4’45 with a melodic will o’ the wisp lead. At 6’15 a deep abyssal break atmosphere prepares the will o’ the wisp climax conferring a final cosmic floating touch to the tune.

Straight : The tones are more metallic here (the high volted lead at 2’45) from which results a more slicing/bleeding spirit with a still muffled dark flavoured background. The break at 4’30 is nicely sad, gloomy reminding me a bit of the Cosma-Non Stop album. That’s when, the high volted lead riffs come back at 6’00. The last 2’ are more enlighten with a background shrill woman chant.

Tool Time : The progression of the track is more spacey upto 1’50. Then the bassline starts to surge accompanied with a sustained rytmic. After a short free fall break, the shy & limping morning emotionnal melody makes his appearance at 4’34. The melodic theme wins self assurance with time & becomes a more virulent lead.

Persia : Contrarily to the previous ones, this tune has an immediate energic beginning coppled with an instantaneous bedecked sound treatment. At 3’00 a morning lunar & oniric lead arrives. After a dozen of seconds around 4’00 where you’ve got the impress of going beyond the sound barrier & you penetrate a turbulence field upto 5’45. After a short moment stationary, waiting for your authorization to open & cross the magnetic field , you can at least engage speed to the max & activate your turbo booster, direction planet Persia.

That’s when the tune becomes goaish backgrounded tasty to my ears.

Conqueror : At 2‘35 the lead is like a facetious & happy alien trying to talk with human beings with no real result. He encounters more success muting his voice into a betwitching cosmic siren chant at 3’52. Now it’s late you’ve been caught &are under its power.

Into The System : The rythmic is close to Tool’s one, but there’s more : tons of nervous sharpened riffs conferring an agressive but always positive feeling to the song. To confirm my words, Optokoppler have all forecasted with a break sample at 4’47 ‘a woman cryes of surprise & a man tell her «wow wow wow, relax, you’re ok …it’s just a simulation, it’s over, it was a test, judgement, concentration, technic high schools are everywhere…You get some blasts, You’re ok ?’. Get some atmospheric layer in oder to catch your second breath before heavy rocking starts again Into The System with more self assurance as now the woman is able to declaim these 3 words (8’52).

Intergalactic : I don’t why the Optokoppler dudes have decided to include this more clubtrance tune. Ok it’s not very noticeable at first as it is still quite close to the style developped in their album. Noneless, it’s particularly sounding with the break at 5’40 & following up the end. That’s a pity, personally i’d better enjoy a more groovy morning production like they managed to succeed with Sie Nannten Ihn Locke in the Loud Frequency compilation.

Traditions : One of the major attraction in this tune resides, for me, in its ‘yoghurt fx part’ between 7’50- 8’00, it’s a very little thing in the track but it makes me really happy & going degenerate.

To obtain a good idea of Optokoppler’s soundscapes take a third from Cosma-NonStop album for the night-dark emotionnal vibe, a third from Blue Vortex for their bassline & morning full on harmonies than add a neogoa background flavour in the melodies without forget a hint of their own spacey-ship tones & happy energized trademarks.

If this last time your taste got disconnected from full on productions, going through the listening of Optokoppler’s album could Replugged, reconciliate you with this style.

I do enjoy the whole album except 7 a bit less coz of the clubtrance final part influence.

Climax of the album :4,5,8

8/10

• 2 months later...

I liked it alot the first time i heard it, but i think that was largely because i had just listened to the Delirious album which i found really boring. Subsequent listens leave me feeling it is a good album but a little on the 'hard trance' side of things. Definately has more club appeal.

i agree with rain, the bassline is little monotonous... but it was pretty decent uplifting stuff... a friend phrased it best when he called it "the finest 'teeth clenching action' surgically implanted in all the right sonic ranges." all and all... good rolling music...