Stop the flood!

Trolsk

Ketuh Records Suspended Reality compilation caught my attention back in 2004, it had potential to become something interesting in the near future. Since then they've unleashed a flood of compilations upon us. In total there were three Ketuh compilations released last year, the recently mentioned Suspended Reality, Sonic Pantomine and Peacemaker in november.

So far, 2005 has brought us A Little Lunacy, In Crypto and the just released Hyper Spatial Chrysalis compilation. That's one compilation every second month! I've totally lost interest in Ketuh because of this. There's always two or three good tunes on their compilations, but that's not enough for a purchase. Quality over quantity could render one excellent compilation every year, instead we are treated with a flood of mediocre releases.

MP3 isn't killing the labels, it's their lack of quality control, and quantity over quality philosophy.

This, of course, doesn't only apply to Ketuh Records.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Trolsk,

Ketuh thanks you fopr your concern but there are a few pts. needing clarification:

In your list for Our releases for 2005, seemingly enough, your list is incomplete.

www.ketuhrecords.com/releases.

There you will find the missing info :)

Also, regarding the flood as alleged: since the beginning of 2005 our sales have doubled.

Courtesy of Arabesque.

We are happy to know youyr opininon, as long as its fundamented by facts and not by assumptions...

Mp3 is indeed killing the market, and no one escapes that. Sadly enough we blame the artists as much as we blame the lame traders who do nothing for the scenes improvement. Rather, they hide in forums under various nicks and bash artists and labels who strive dayly to keep it alive.

We hope your opininon will change, Good luck in the process.

Ketuh records believes in the roster of amazing artists it has and therefore, good music is to be spread.

Enjoy as we do!

We are happy to know youyr opininon, as long as its fundamented by facts and not by assumptions...

Mp3 is indeed killing the market, and no one escapes that.

278428[/snapback]

Where is the fact in your statement.

"Mp3 is indeed killing the market".....what do you base that on?

Just interesting to know since you say you don't like assumptions.

I don't like assumptions presented as fact either, but from the information and research I can find your opinion is hardly capable to present as a fact.

And labels don't keep the scene alive...the scene was born from the underground when it was about free music for free parties.

The market is secondary and if you have strive to hard, don't bother, you are not doing anyone but yourself a favour. There will music and it will get out to people without your services.

Get yourself a proper day job instead or sell products that is more commercially viable if there is no market in trance.

But don't blame the fans or the artists, it will not change the fact that your services is less needed nowadays and that you have to change business model or find a new way of making money.

Guest The Journey Man Project

I hope twisted released stuff every other month :(

278446[/snapback]

Why? even the stuff they release every few year isn't worth it... at least with Ketuh there are a few good tracks, with Twisted you get none

Guest .::E.P

Ketuh records believes in the roster of amazing artists it has and therefore, good music is to be spread.

278428[/snapback]

Then look for something with more quality. Your rooster is of such a low standard that a 8 year old would do better music.

Just my opinion of course.

Long live cut & paste.. FULL ON everyday!!!!!!

Why? even the stuff they release every few year isn't worth it... at least with Ketuh there are a few good tracks, with Twisted you get none

278450[/snapback]

Okay, I agree that Prometheus was a bit boring, but most everything else they release beat, well, most everything else. <_<

The less coming out from these labels are good news to me :)

278451[/snapback]

"these labels"? :unsure:

sorry bad english I guess.. it's early mate :)

I meant:

Ketuh Records and alike

278454[/snapback]

No, I understood that... I just though "these labels" sounds a bit negative. What's wrong with them?

And what music do they release? I have no idea really. <_<

The less coming out from these labels are good news to me :)

278451[/snapback]

That is so arrogant !

Do you really think you are some kind of genius cause you make 'original' tribal trance ?

Grow up mate and stop bashing everything that is under your way...lamer... :angry:

That is so arrogant !

Do you really think you are some kind of genius cause you make 'original' tribal trance ?

Grow up mate and stop bashing everything that is under your way...lamer... :angry:

278457[/snapback]

it's easy to upset you so your good carma is gone with the wind ;)

No I dont think I am a genious at all.. never said that.

I am quite grown up.. And much more together than you when it come to keeping it cool ;)

I just dont like how some labels flood the market with crap releases = bad production and stereotype "we like to sound equal" music. And that goes for any genre.

No, I understood that... I just though "these labels" sounds a bit negative. What's wrong with them?

And what music do they release? I have no idea really.  <_<

278456[/snapback]

It's my opinion and if that's negative then by all means thats fine with me ;)

Here you go.

Check it out:

ketuhrecords.com

it's easy to upset you so your good carma is gone with the wind  ;)

No I dont think I am a genious at all.. never said that.

I am quite grown up.. And much more together than you when it come to keeping it cool ;)

I just dont like how some labels flood the market with crap releases = bad production and stereotype "we like to sound equal" music. And that goes for any genre.

278468[/snapback]

Yeah, my good karma is easily upset by ludacrous comments of yours, always excusing yourself as 'I have my own opinion, don't touch it cause it is so worth it'.

Do you really think anyone care about your low opinion on almost every single release these days ?

The guy from Ketuh records certainly didn't need this bashing when he is trying to announce the compilation... :huh:

And to be frank, I've heard your 'brilliant, mind blowing' track from Urban Legends, it is boring as hell...Oh, yes, it is my opinion mate, and I am glad I don't stay cool with uncool people...You are just hiding as being cool by non stop putting smileys after nasty comments. I am at least frank and honest no matter how uncool I can sound with reactions. ;):P:D:rolleyes: Am I as cool now as you ? :blink:

Yeah, my good karma is easily upset by ludacrous comments of yours, always excusing yourself as 'I have my own opinion, don't touch it cause it is so worth it'.

Do you really think anyone care about your low opinion on almost every single release these days ?

The guy from Ketuh records certainly didn't need this bashing when he is trying to announce the compilation... :huh:

And to be frank, I've heard your 'brilliant, mind blowing' track from Urban Legends, it is boring as hell...Oh, yes, it is my opinion mate, and I am glad I don't stay cool with uncool people...You are just hiding as being cool by non stop putting smileys after nasty comments. I am at least frank and honest no matter how uncool I can sound with reactions. ;):P  :D  :rolleyes: Am I as cool now as you ?  :blink:

278474[/snapback]

You crack me up mr Enlightened sharkra baba.

Out of all the reviews and comments about tracks here on psynews how many comments do you see from me? 0.5 % maybe?

I am happy you find my music boring. I got no problem with critique of my music as you seem to have when I critisise a label for flooding the scene with crap releases according to my opinion. yes my opinion. And I dont recall I ever said that my opinion have to be your opinion?

See even when you attack me i stay cool. You should try it.. It will raise your shakra to higher levels.

Keep It Cool !

:ph34r:

Burp !

278486[/snapback]

yes you should try it dude... keep your blood preasure down.. it's actually healthy ;)

Thanks for that advice but I would rather take it from eleria...she knows what she is talking about those things...

Keep It Cool !

Brrrrrr.....

I am freezing...

Shivers....

Maybe I should get warm again...

Coolness is not for mediterraneans....more for you northerners...;)

Thanks for that advice but I would rather take it from eleria...she knows what she is talking about those things...

Keep It Cool !

Brrrrrr.....

I am freezing...

Shivers....

Maybe I should get warm again...

Coolness is not for mediterraneans....more for you northerners...;)

278488[/snapback]

yeah i guess she's more on your wavelenght,

Og btw dont use your hard earned money on Quality Relaxation. I have 2 tracks on it and I dont want you to be bored by my lack of genious ;)

But if you do buy it then dont do it because of my boring music but to support PKS who's a damn nice guy and a truely music lover :) and to support the fine artists involved.

Don't worry, I would buy it for Blue Planet and Jaia only, plus Shulman and Entheogenic ones too...I am not interested in your 'boring' work... :P:lol: Cheeky bastard... ;)

Guest antic

[OFF TOPIC!]

Okay, I agree that Prometheus was a bit boring, but most everything else they release beat, well, most everything else...

Well, IMO Prometheus and Younger brother, along with Hallucinogen albums were the best things Twisted released, much better than any Shpongle, Ott or Unusual Suspects. The Prometheus album is one of the most psychedelic, musical and original music released in this genre, so _please_ listen to it more and try harder, as I know that you can recognize quality music (your "obsession" with Shpongle and Juno Reactor is a clear evidence of this)...

:)

[/OFF TOPIC]

[OFF TOPIC!]

Well, IMO Prometheus and Younger brother, along with Hallucinogen albums were the best things Twisted released, much better than any Shpongle, Ott or Unusual Suspects. The Prometheus album is one of the most psychedelic, musical and original music released in this genre, so _please_ listen to it more and try harder, as I know that you can recognize quality music (your "obsession" with Shpongle and Juno Reactor is a clear evidence of this)...

:)

[/OFF TOPIC]

278527[/snapback]

Hm. Both Shpongle and Juno Reactor immediately sounded great to me, while this doesn't. Might give it a couple more listens though.

ketuh records is not that bad, sure they don't have more than 3 good tracks on their compilations (their albums sucks) but hé I can say that from allmost every release these days. I uderstand someone being upset about quality over quantity but if you have to pick out a full-on label to blame this than ketuh is one of the last ones who deserves this.