New track in progress

After a lot of pushing from my friends I managed to try to make a more aggressive tune. I was told to listen to eskimo and such, although I like the aggressive style I don't know if it's what I could do best. But anyways, last night I threw something together (:

The intro is quite un-aggressive though :rolleyes: (can't help it)

Xiphiaz - Camel Ion

As usual I would very much appreciate any kind of feedback, although I've not finished that much of the track really (:

Thanks!

You're lucky to have friends that care about your music :)

The music then: The intro is rough but i like the concept (and still not near as rough and unpolished as my stuff). the voicesample is cool.

Then the kick and bass kick in and especially the bass is nice. Then some psychedelic effects of the kind that i have no clue how to make (is it some special synth for them?). The hihats are panned and distorted in a way im not totally fond of, but when more of them kick in it becomes a lot better and very groovy.

No climax to comment on which is kinda sad, but this tune can be really good with a proper climax. The bass is totally Murderaaarrghhh and nice percussions in the end of the sample.

The intro doesn't completely fit but to tell you the truth, i think it becomes more of a journey if you introduce different moods through the song, so keep the intro ^^

first of all I'd like to say that I like your intros, epic dreamy stuff.. sweet :)

The bassline is indeed fat and all but it just doesn't do it for me.. I liked the warmth of "Big moves" more. I'm not that fond of the rest, don't like the squeeky sounds :)

Overall nice production and you do have the potential.. Don't let your friends tell you what to do, do whatever you like and experiment for yourself.. And aaaarrghh don't end up sounding like eskimo :ph34r::ph34r:

;)

Yeah finish it :D

I like your fat bass - you're on the right track if you're attempting full on...

Now I wanna ask you 3 things :P If you don't mind...

What'd you use to produce your bassline, the atmospheres in the intro and the those squelchy type synths I love so much. I'm trying to achieve that kind of sound but I don't know how! I those squelches are killllarrrh if you use them right!

Nice work... keep going!

• 1 month later...