"Fluffy" What does it mean ?

Maden

Hey friends, does anybody can tell me what the word 'fluffy' mean, i often see that in the forum but i still don't know what is this. i have spend time to know what cheesy mean and now i understand, but a fluffy track is ? a very average melody too ?

And what is most fluffy track for you, what is the best track to explain this term ?

Thanx in advance

'fluffy' is a term that can be used very loosely to indicate that something is ..... nice, happy, undertanding, postive .....

Fluffy when used to describe music would mean that it is happy, uplifting - smile inducing music !!

So if someone is happy and positive and loving and understanding etc ... you could say that they were 'fluffy' !! :P

Like fluffy little bears or fluffy kittens ......

It is quite the opposite of 'spikey' ......

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

i think fluffy means something near as syruppy if you better see for most of people when reviewing music.

Nevertheless i personnally used it with a positive meaning & not a pejorative music for kids underlying, with the idea of the track Little fluffy Clouds:something sweet, deep & peacefull.

Hey friends, does anybody can tell me what the word 'fluffy' mean, i often see that in the forum but i still don't know what is this. i have spend time to know what cheesy mean and now i understand, but a fluffy track is ? a very average melody too ?

And what is most fluffy track for you, what is the best track to explain this term ?

Thanx in advance

275510[/snapback]

Maden....

Fluffy = Protoculture.

happy, pretty dainty melodies that make you want to hug people

a friend of mine who's into hard stomping minimal said, "hmm, very fluffy stuff" when I played Logic Bomb - Datalinks.. :)

Fluffy isn't necessarily bad, I'd say contrary.. according to my taste. I like fluff :ph34r:

Fluffy != Cheesy

2 entries found for fluffy.

fluff·y ( P ) Pronunciation Key (flf)

adj. fluff·i·er, fluff·i·est

1. Of, relating to, or resembling fluff.

2. Covered with fluff.

2. Light and airy; soft: fluffy curls; a fluffy soufflé.

1. Light or frivolous: a fluffy musical comedy.

2. Lacking depth or precision; fuzzy: hazy, fluffy thinking that only confused the matter.

is that definition fluffy enough for you?

I agree fluffy is different than cheesy...I know fluff when I hear it, I know cheese when I hear it. I know cheese bothers me far more than fluff does....but can't quite decide what the difference between the two is...