V/A - Apsara

DeathPosture

you guys should not even be in the reviews section to make comments. :)

come on Filteria ... "ka sol crushes the rest" .. let's not over react .. your comment doesn't belong here in your case. should i expect that you will next say "oh, my track sucks comparing to XYZ" ?

you should let us "praise" or "bitch". that's why we're here.

328510[/snapback]

+1 :ph34r:;)

no, nick. this area is for reviews. they've been praising artists/tracks from this compilation in the General Section, now they moved it here.

keep it in the General section guys, please. unless you wanna add a real review here?

this is what i think. i'm not trying to be bossy or anything, i'm just saying let's not mix things here.

336638[/snapback]

sorry men. i agree with woman :) its much easier to find reviews in each threads when there arent any unnecessary comments . imho :)

• 3 weeks later...

Anoebis I want to buy this album.. Can you buy it on Spiritual Trance or any other party in Ghent these days?

382629[/snapback]

Yes it will be available for sure at that party, just ask for it at the entrance :) Also Filteria and off course Khetzal will be available there :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it will be available for sure at that party, just ask for it at the entrance :) Also Filteria and off course Khetzal will be available there :)

383089[/snapback]

I missed that party :(

well i will have an oppurtunity later i hope, mayb at Femina Mandragora or Rise n Shine

no, nick. this area is for reviews. they've been praising artists/tracks from this compilation in the General Section, now they moved it here.

keep it in the General section guys, please. unless you wanna add a real review here?

this is what i think. i'm not trying to be bossy or anything, i'm just saying let's not mix things here.

336638[/snapback]

I enjoy reading their enthusiastic comments, it brings a smile to my face :)

As for the release... This is the real Goa trance, another beauty from Sun Trip! I still have to give it many more listens, but this is the sort of compilation I wish I had put together a couple years back when I was pretty hyped for old school sounds... great job guys!

• 2 months later...
Guest The Journey Man Project

Just got this and am very happy... has a very Goa feel but enough modern touch to make it applicabl to today's scene... just added all the suntrip albums to my wishlist at saiko... no fav's here, each track is just so pleasurable to listen to, cannot say any is better or worse... better than the crap I7ve seen on sale in Fukuoka... agree with 7.5/10

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cosmogenesis

No comment for the Apsara compilation: after the end of Novatekk morphic goa trance, after so many years of absence, the true goa feeling is finally back and well represented in this excellent compilation. All the tracks are very nice, but my favorite track is Metamorphosis of Lost Buddha for his awesome morphic resonance and also the ambient track from Aes Dana, and Ypsilon 5's track aswell which are excellent.

But, what a big surprise with the "Babylon Beach" tune from Avigmati! Have you noticed that the magical oriental intro comes directly from a track ("Dream of Babylon") of the Alexander OST produced by Vangelis? They have kept the intro and made with it a powerful and deeply emotional track.

Now, for when the Apsara 2 compilation?

• 2 weeks later...

This could've been one of the great goa collections of the midnineties I missed! (edit: one of many :( )Yeah, Suntrip really has created their own niche to play around in, and if they are able to keep up with the pace of their 4 releases so far, this label far and away stands out as THE psychedelic trance label to keep and eye out for. No questions asked.

The amount of mind blasters here is nothing short of ridiculess :o). The créme de la créme of contemporary psytrance there is not a single filler or anything coming close here. Quite the opposite, every track has personality, catchiness, and hard dance energy. On any other compilation a standout. And make no mistake. Even if this is inspired by the melodic goa sound of the midnineties, it's updated to meet todays demands and very much a style in its own right.

The competition here is hard but force me to pick, and Lost Buddha, Ka-Sol, Goasia, and Radical Distortion would be my preferred travel companions. They'll bulldoze a two miles wide path to Psychedelia for me any day of the week.

But each and all artist here really would do that trick for me B)

• 2 months later...

I am late getting to the party on this one (VERY LATE). I just recently purchased and am amazed at how fantastic this CD is. It really does bring back memories of late 90s releases.

Thanks to the artists, the label, and Anoebis and Mars for this.

Please compile another gem like this, Anoebis and Mars. I will be early to the party for that release! :)

I am late getting to the party on this one (VERY LATE). I just recently purchased and am amazed at how fantastic this CD is. It really does bring back memories of late 90s releases.

Thanks to the artists, the label, and Anoebis and Mars for this.

Please compile another gem like this, Anoebis and Mars. I will be early to the party for that release!  :)

538130[/snapback]

Thanks for the nice words! :)

And I am happy to tell you we are working on a next compilation! :) Expect it somewhere in autumn...

Thanks for the nice words! :)

And I am happy to tell you we are working on a next compilation! :) Expect it somewhere in autumn...

538337[/snapback]

Great news !!! :D

With the Ra album comming this year, that makes 4 release by Suntrip in 2006.

2004 = 1 album

2005 = 2 album

2006 = 4 album

So if we follow this logic, that means 2007 = 8 album :)

Great news !!!  :D

With the Ra album comming this year, that makes 4 release by Suntrip in 2006.

2004 = 1 album

2005 = 2 album

2006 = 4 album

So if we follow this logic, that means 2007 = 8 album  :)

538460[/snapback]

haha, naah, I'm too much a workaholic already... It's hard to combine all this with school and work etc... 4 is the absolute maximum for one year, and only if we think there is enough good music to release... :)

and now back to reviewing :P

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Goa Trance got back absolutely in 2005 with this compilation. No words to say about it, cause you said them before me. Favourite tracks 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9. "Filteria - Tiny Universe" and "Radical Distortion - Communication" kick ass! With the release Suntrip Records became a keeper of the old gold melodic Goa sound.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, not a single post for this in 2007. :blink::unsure::huh:

I ... am .. surprised.

Apsara is still one of the greatest (arguably the best) New School Goa compilation to date. It has held up so well in my collection over the years. Each track is strong, gripping, and varied with ideas and sounds, passionately created. I enjoy listening to Apsara straight through every time. It's wonderful.

It's not just the impressive track list but how well and effectively each artist (and Suntrip in communication) made their song. The artists here did an amazing job. The result is more or less greatness, excellence back-to-back, for an entire 70-80 minute ride. This may be the best compilation I've ever heard in goa trance.

• 4 years later...
  • 8 months later...

When I first heard this I thought the Suntrip movement had no chance as the music sounded ridiculously cheesey & had no depth. While I still find this compilation to be this way, I'm glad others didn't as the label has grown in to a deeper more mature sound that I know love.

I guess it's always baby steps leading to growth and maturity. I'm proud of the work this label has done & cannot wait to grab a copy of the 10 year compliation.

Congrats team Suntrip :)

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

The first compilation from Suntrip and what a journey it has been.  14 years on and this is still a high quality release.  Just a few comments...

Way back then I sort of panned the Aes Dana offering, but hearing it again I just can't help but get lost in its lushness and gentle entrance to start the album.

The Yesod track early on is so hyper and nimble, but then shows it's more controlled side.  Seems like this was the only track he ever released.

The flute melody in Babylone Beach is one of the most soulful and melancholy sounds I've heard.  Has their ever been a sound that crystallized a geographic area like that?  You can not hear that and not think of perhaps a Persian kingdom.  Sublime.

The Ka-Sol track...I, uh...14 years and I still don't know what to make of it.

And probably one of my favorite Goasia tracks.

• Like 1