just discovered psytrance - wanting to travel...

kia ora from aotearoa [NZ]

i have just recently discovered psytrance at a most amazing party in takaka [NZ south island] it was awesome!

on top of a mountain - under the full moon and shooting stars :)

the psytrance scene here in NZ is relatively small.

i am wanting to travel overseas for the first time in the new year and am interested in checking out some outdoor parties - came across one held in the sacred valley of the incas in peru? that sounds dope!

anyways - if anyone out there has any advice for a traveller wanting to travel throughout the worldwide musical community - please share :)

thanks!

advice:

go to capetown, south africa if you want some of the best party venues in the world. usually on beaches or in green valleys, or on apple farms or someplace equally as awesome. sick-ass parties and really really cheap dope.

:)

(OD)

advice:

go to capetown, south africa if you want some of the best party venues in the world. usually on beaches or in green valleys, or on apple farms or someplace equally as awesome. sick-ass parties and really really cheap dope.

(OD)

274333[/snapback]

hahah

Trance is for sure a great experience.

If you wanna have a nice trip (as in travelling, not high-tripping) come to Brazil.

There's gonna be a kick ass festival in July (called Trancendence) with good line up and amazing spot.. You really will enjoy it. But then, there's the rest of Brazil you can visit, with great spots, nice people, etc.

This year I am planning on going to Sonica 2005 in Italy.

There are many websites with information regarding each festival and here you should find company to some of them around the world.

Anything you choose, party responsibly and very, very hard ;)

Norotik Boom!

PS: For parties in general I wouldn't recommend Brazil even though we have kick-ass parties in São Paulo all the time with killer line ups (full-on, progressive, chill out and others).

The scene here is still young and you shall find more "roots" festivals. And the infra-structure in Europe I heard is a bit better.

Advice? GO SOMEWHERE.. ;) For the whole experience ;)

thanks for the advice - the sonica party in italy looks incredible!

hallucinogen and infected mushroom [my favourites!] !!!

unfortunately my travels are still a while off - looking at fruit picking at the end of this year to get cash and then heading off in the new year...

south america is definately my first destination of choice - maybe peru or brazil - depending on the contacts i can make - would love to do the inca trail...

will be heading to london hopefully for the summer of 06 - too many friends i haven't seen for too long and then i know europe will be awesome!

is it easy to get random work in south america? i make mean coffee ;) i've also put on loads of club parties here in NZ and also a couple of free outdoor roots gigs for a local radio station that attracted over 10,000 people - it'd be cool to maybe get involved with the party culture over there [i also DJ - but don't think i'll be lugging records half way across the world!]

also - looks like i'll be travelling alone and i'd rather not do the whole tourist thing - i'd much rather chill out and make some friends :)

looks like i'll be learning spanish!

thanks for the advice - the sonica party in italy looks incredible!

hallucinogen and infected mushroom [my favourites!] !!!

unfortunately my travels are still a while off - looking at fruit picking at the end of this year to get cash and then heading off in the new year...

south america is definately my first destination of choice - maybe peru or brazil - depending on the contacts i can make - would love to do the inca trail...

will be heading to london hopefully for the summer of 06 - too many friends i haven't seen for too long and then i know europe will be awesome!

is it easy to get random work in south america? i make mean coffee ;) i've also put on loads of club parties here in NZ and also a couple of free outdoor roots gigs for a local radio station that attracted over 10,000 people - it'd be cool to maybe get involved with the party culture over there [i also DJ - but don't think i'll be lugging records half way across the world!]

also - looks like i'll be travelling alone and i'd rather not do the whole tourist thing - i'd much rather chill out and make some friends :)

looks like i'll be learning spanish!

275363[/snapback]

Well, in Brazil we speak portuguese, but the rest of the continet Spanish all the way ;)

Problem in South America for sure are wages.

YES! You can get a job here, but to get a decent wage.. that would be enough to pay your bills/food/housing + get you to travel around could be hard.

I know a few people involved/rave producers. That could get you to work with them, maybe, but still, the money ain't great, but on the other hand South America is very, very cheap. Especially compared to US/Europe/UK.

Think about it. Travelling is always incredible. ;) In case you want, rafaelabreu@hotmail.com is my MSN contact, but time zones could make it hard for you to see me online.

LaterZ

• 3 weeks later...

Rainbow Serpent Festival near Melbourne. Australia biggest psy party

Late January.

Check ozdoof, oztrance and australiens.net for east coast parties

Sprouts

• 2 months later...

Hey im from Cape Town South Africa. Psy trance is pretty huge over there! Season starts with Earthdance in September and and Generally ends with a huge Vortex party in Easter. Over December and January there are parties every other week end. Rumour has it that infected mushroom are booked for the 3rd dec Cape Town. I have just come back to Auckland NZ from Europe. Went to Sonica, it was awesome. IM trying to find out about psy trance parties in NZ!? I heard its pretty small and underground but thats still something! if you had any info or contacts that would be rad! IM going back to SA for some of the season in jan and feb! Origin Festivel - definate must!!!

• 2 months later...

Boom Festival @ Portugal x)

every two years.

3, 4, 5, 6 ,7, 8 & 9 August 2006

next 2008

375957[/snapback]

Eh we aren't trying to scare people away from the scene

Boom 04 was in many ways the worst festival I've ever been to..