the same samples again and again

kabamaru

Guest .::E.P

Here's what you wrote in the stop the flood thread yesterday:

Then look for something with more quality. Your rooster is of such a low standard that a 8 year old would do better music.

You complain about people bashig artists but you're doing the same thing yourself.

Get off your high horse or live as you preach.

279764[/snapback]

No I bashed a label and many other labels for flooding our scene... huge difference. The label dont do the music themselves.. they release it.. so they are not emotionally involved in the creation of the music...

You will never see me bash another artists personally or in public telling the their music is bad etc.. (except for Skazi who I personally think is a shame for the scene but also damn funny). I can joke about them in many ways and maybe that's bad too but I would never tell them to change a sample or to change somethinge else.

The only one I "bash", and that's pure fun and really nothing else from my part, are Skazii and other in my opinion funny Full On actists. But I would never tell them that their music suck or that they suck as persons if I met them. I would be positive and constructive if I "needed" to tell them my opinion.

But feel free to dig after more of my past postings if your need to be right. Who really give a s*** what you think about me. I am sure tomorrow you'll react to something else I write so you can get your nagging and nitpicking stimulated ;)

I honestly get a bit pissed off when people nag all the time about our music. One thing is to not like a track. Thats perfectly ok with me. I as a musician can not please all people and it's fine with me.

You shouldn't get pissed off, first of all you make music for yourself I presume.

But many times we have to listen to very harsh words about us as persons or our music. If we dare to speak back we are "bad" and arrogant.

We have to be polite and say "yes your so right. I am so sorry that I used that sample and that you did not like it".

Maybe you are referring to other discussions about this, because I don't see any harsh comments in this topic. Again, its not about liking or disliking the samples, its about the fact that artists use the same sample cds!

It's ok to critisise in a constructive way but to always have to listen to "annoyed" people about our music is getting very annoying to us artists.

My point was very precise and not the generic "annoyed about the music" as you oversimplify. That alone makes it a constructive comment. I don't have anything against anyone, obviously. I enjoy the music and I am grateful that the artists share their creations with us. That's why I comment on these things, because I care.

All we can say is that we do the music the way we like to and if people dont like it fine. Dont listen to it and certantly dont buy it.. That's all we can say in a as "polite" way as possible.

If one comes to you with a specific comment and you reply "Dont listen to it and certantly dont buy it" its not exactly a polite answer...

Last. Do you know how many tracks there are out there?  Should I really have to sit and scan each and every one of them just to make sure that I dont disspoint a person because he/she have heard the sample before?  I dont think so ;)

279620[/snapback]

Once again, you should do whatever you feel like, of course. However, personally the use of the same vocal samples (or other lenghty, easily recognisable samples) bothers me. It hinders the individuality of the track. If you don't listen to many new releases of course you won't notice this, but the listeners probably will.

They used many different samples in older releases.  But not so obvious ones though.

279722[/snapback]

Exactly, I mentioned this in my first post, I am not against samples in general. I elaborated on this enough, I think.

You shouldn't get pissed off, first of all you make music for yourself I presume.

Maybe you are referring to other discussions about this, because I don't see any harsh comments in this topic. Again, its not about liking or disliking the samples, its about the fact that artists use the same sample cds!

My point was very precise and not the generic "annoyed about the music" as you oversimplify. That alone makes it a constructive comment. I don't have anything against anyone, obviously. I enjoy the music and I am grateful that the artists share their creations with us. That's why I comment on these things, because I care.

If one comes to you with a specific comment and you reply "Dont listen to it and certantly dont buy it" its not exactly a polite answer...

Once again, you should do whatever you feel like, of course. However, personally the use of the same vocal samples (or other lenghty, easily recognisable samples) bothers me. It hinders the individuality of the track. If you don't listen to many new releases of course you won't notice this, but the listeners probably will.

Exactly, I mentioned this in my first post, I am not against samples in general. I elaborated on this enough, I think.

279877[/snapback]

I do think I have the right to get pissed off if people use harsh words about me personally instead of talking about my music.. I was not so much refering to you even though I do not agree with you. And as I said we cant sit around and worry if someone else have used a certain sample or not... Btw that sample I used was on a old DAT tape of mine from 1997 or 1998. So I guess you should complain to Younger Brother who maybe used it from a sample CD? All I know is that I dont own that sample CD. I rarely use premade sample CD's except when it come to percussion and drums simply because it's hard to set up all the drums and sample them yourself ;).

With a few exceptions I like to find my own stuff and if you had listened to my music over the years you would know that ;)

And I do not think it's disrespectful or non-polite to tell people not to listen to my music if they dont like it.

fair enough, nothing more to say on this topic.

One last thing I would like to note though: EP, you like to be edgy in your replies, don't you? Example...

With a few exceptions I like to find my own stuff and if you had listened to my music over the years you would know that ;)

279890[/snapback]

Now, that's a far fetched conclusion, don't you think? I merely brought as an example your new chill track. Who said ANYTHING about your music in general?? And for your information, I have 2 of your albums...

peace

One last thing I would like to note though: EP, you like to be edgy in your replies, don't you?

279944[/snapback]

and your starting to bore me ;)

No I bashed a label and many other labels for flooding our scene... huge difference. 

The label was speaking of their artists, you said: "a 8 year old would do better music".

But feel free to dig after more of my past postings if your need to be right. Who really give a s*** what you think about me. I am sure tomorrow you'll react to something else I write so you can get your nagging and nitpicking stimulated ;)

279775[/snapback]

I don't have that much time to waste, sorry. :)

I dont need a "bad" sample to get dissaponted about Sesto Sento..  They suck in general ;)  But I respect your taste.. Ain't I nice  :P

279702[/snapback]

i second that motion! they just 'suck' :P

Where to they have samples?

Feel the Universe - "I can feel the universe functioning....." -- Dune (movie)

Rotorblade - "Its uh, ....daylight so, you might want to put your visors down." - The Right Stuff (movie)

Rotorblade - "Precise control." -- Dune (movie)

Rotorblade - "Some thoughts, have a certain sound." -- Dune (movie)

High Energy Protons - "Everything's going extremely well." -- 2001: A Space Odyssey (movie)

Landing -- "So long as the universe had a beginning we can suppose it had a creator. But if the universe is completely self-contained, having no boundary or edge, it could neither be created or destroyed. It would simply be." -- Stephen Hawking quote

God is God -- "You shall see hail fall from a clear sky. You shall see darkness....God is God." - The Ten Commandments (movie)

Children of the Night -- "The children of the night are calling!" -- Ed Wood (movie)

Labyrinth -- "The mind is a labyrinth." -- Hellraiser 2 (movie)

Pistolero - "I hate robbing banks!" - Bonnie and Clyde (movie) I think. Not sure of the source on this one.

Just a few of them.