Killer Buds

Ale

If you don't want to get disappointed, don't listen to Full-on

well to tell you the truth I'm not a big fan of full-on either BUT when looking back, out of all the psy subgenres out there (namely compared to progressive and "dark trance"), it is still full-on that gave me the most thrills and highs (except Filteria and hopefully the upcoming Ka-Sol album ;) )

well to tell you the truth I'm not a big fan of full-on either BUT when looking back, out of all the psy subgenres out there (namely compared to progressive and "dark trance"), it is still full-on that gave me the most thrills and highs (except Filteria and hopefully the upcoming Ka-Sol album ;) )

272793[/snapback]

I agree, but nowadays it's crap crap crap. Since the start of the year i didn't hear even 1 decent full-on album. Although some sounds that i've heard from the upcoming Voice Of Cod album are pretty good. So nothing is lost.

If you don't want to get disappointed, don't listen to Full-on

272734[/snapback]

Interesting. I haven't hung out here much in the past 2-3 years or bought much in the way of music either (at least not compared to what I had before).

Back in 2000/2001 seems the most common gripe was about minimal/progressive. People just couldn't stop whining about it. Contrary to that there was lots of positive buzz about the handful of wonderful full-on releases. Interesting to see that full-on is now the whipping boy. Not that I think most of what is produced in recent months/years is any good. That's why I haven't bought much since 2002.

Interesting.  I haven't hung out here much in the past 2-3 years or bought much in the way of music either (at least not compared to what I had before).

Back in 2000/2001 seems the most common gripe was about minimal/progressive.  People just couldn't stop whining about it.  Contrary to that there was lots of positive buzz about the handful of wonderful full-on releases.  Interesting to see that full-on is now the whipping boy.  Not that I think most of what is produced in recent months/years is any good.  That's why I haven't bought much since 2002.

272891[/snapback]

heh.. i wouln't call it the whipping boy, people in this forum just seems to have a distaste for it. i have had an oportunity to hear a lot of good full on... but we might have a different idea of what full on is to begin with. I already got into a discussion of that previously and i don't want to get back to it... what i don't understand (for my taste) is how some people, think certain projects that sound like 1999-2000 are just the non plus ultra right now. I'd like to think it's about moving things forward, and something that sounds like another Hallucinogen - lone deranger in 2004 is just well.. been done before... but that is how i see things. and certainly Killer buds does not fit into my category of moving the genre forward, from what i could hear is just not very original content.

Every build-up, same formula.

If I want to hear that doubling and redoubling stuff I'll throw on Eskimo's remix of Alien Cop - that tune has character.

273107[/snapback]

i thought that remix did not even hit the toes of the original...

it could be cause im just in love with the Goblin remix from Clear Visions of Israel 1.

Now that's a rework of alien cop. ^_^

"if you can't stand the heat... you better stay out of the kitchen, eskimo" :P

I agree, the Goblin remix is great... I didn't end up getting that compilation though - just wasn't interested in the rest, for the most part.

I think it sucks that Domestic has lost his uniqueness through the years.

Anyone heard the Killer Buds remix of that Chem Bros. tune? Sounds the same as the album, pretty much...

I think it sucks that Domestic has lost his uniqueness through the years.

273362[/snapback]

yes this totally sucks. Human Bass is one of my favorite tracks ever...

While I agree that at times the Killer Buds sound can get a bit formulaic and repetitive, I will say their production is good, and at least 2 or 3 tracks on there are good for getting a dancefloor really moving. If you are only going to listen to one track off the album, Interfiber Skunk, it should be #3 I've Got the Virus, it's the best on there IMO...

I agree, but nowadays it's crap crap crap. Since the start of the year i didn't hear even 1 decent full-on album. Although some sounds that i've heard from the upcoming Voice Of Cod album are pretty good. So nothing is lost.

272816[/snapback]

Didn't hear one decent Full-on album?!.. get the shit out of your ears then! :P