Decent Pad Synth (Audio Unit Version)

Hi there,

I'm looking for a decent pad synth in Audio Unit format. I want a rich sound, and I would also like it to be tweakable so I can make my own presets. If you've got any recommendations, then please recommend them! :)

Hi there,

I'm looking for a decent pad synth in Audio Unit format. I want a rich sound, and I would also like it to be tweakable so I can make my own presets. If you've got any recommendations, then please recommend them!  :)

272191[/snapback]

well...mmm... iguess that is very hard men. i recommend that you tweaksome synth and do it. is very difficult tweak audio, beacuse the key... beacause of the sound, there are many reasons.... :D

well...mmm... iguess that is very hard men. i recommend that you tweaksome synth and do it. is very difficult tweak audio, beacuse the key... beacause of the sound, there are many reasons.... :D

272251[/snapback]

You couldn't have been more vague. I have many synths, but none are especially good for making pads. And no, it isn't hard tweaking audio with a decent synth.

Thanks benf52.

272251[/snapback]

:lol::huh::lol::huh::lol::huh::lol::huh:

:blink::o:blink::o:blink::o:blink::o

Ablino is great for a lot of things, I just got it and I can get some horrifying bass out of it. Me like a lot.

Take a look at steinberg hypersonic and if you want more hardware sounding pads, then give atmosphere a try. I haven't yet played with it myself but I hear many people giving it praise.

I'd recommend Absynth 3.

272904[/snapback]

Intensely powerful. Takes some serious learning however to use it properly.

So is Atmosphere. Thats going to be a huge chunk of my software budget (though I need it badly...)

275204[/snapback]

If you can't afford you could... caugh.... caugh... look for it on caugh... soulseek caugh... just until you caugh... can afford it caugh.... or get it ordered caugh...

sorry, need to clear my throat.

ggghhhhhgguuugghhhhmmmm.

;)

If you can't afford you could... caugh.... caugh... look for it on caugh... soulseek caugh... just until you caugh... can afford it caugh.... or get it ordered caugh...

sorry, need to clear my throat.

ggghhhhhgguuugghhhhmmmm.

275266[/snapback]

Or instead of inviting bad karma into your life by stealing, get a free synth (crystal) and make sure developers of 'paid' software continue to develop, feed and clothe their kids, and of course make even more amazing software for you to buy and use when you can afford it - and lets face it, software synths are WAY cheaper than hardware synths.

If you can't afford something, there are other ways than theft - there is an amazing amount of real freeware available, SUBSONIK!!!

But if do have a budget, SHAFT:

TERA2 does amazing pads, and is an amazing modular synth with too may features to list here (except that one of them is that it does six different types of synthesis, all at the same time if you want it to) - I loves it

TERA2

ZEBRA I haven't tried but is loved by many

ZEBRA

REAKTOR - if you buy this, then YOU WILL NEVER NEED ANOTHER SYNTH, or software effects processor - the reason being that there are over 1,800 ensembles (software instruments whch load into REAKTOR) available for download from the NI website, which have been created by REAKTOR users - but its very powerful and complex.

Incidentally, ATMOSPHERE isn't really a synth, its a library of pads, like a pad machine - from what I've read you can edit the presets to some degree, and layer them in a huge number of combinations, but it isn't a synth; you get a finite amount of material to work with.

Another 'library' based instrument is UltraFocus - this one contains a lot more material to work from/blend etc.

Personally, from a ease of use point of view, I think TERA2 is great - I have this and absynth, and for price and ease of use I think TERA2 is better. I haven't gone that deep into absynth yet because of the complexity, but from a look at the presets I know it beats TERA, but not by a really huge margin.

Hope this doesn't ruffle too many feathers :P

BTW I totally agree with Albino2 as a definite contender - another great synth, with an easy to edit arpeggiator amongst many other things, including a great sound.

Edited by markoos

Or instead of inviting bad karma into your life by stealing, get a free synth (crystal) and make sure developers of 'paid' software continue to develop, feed and clothe their kids, and of course make even more amazing software for you to buy and use when you can afford it  - and lets face it, software synths are WAY cheaper than hardware synths.

280537[/snapback]

I have Crystal already. I just really want a dedicated pad synth. Crystal does sound really great for pads though. :)

Shaft, you probably know about this already, but have you spent much time at KvR? In my opinion, probably the best place to get news on virtual synths/instruments/effects, etc - well, apart from OSXAudio for us mac heads!

Shaft, you probably know about this already, but have you spent much time at KvR? In my opinion, probably the best place to get news on virtual synths/instruments/effects, etc - well, apart from OSXAudio for us mac heads!

280996[/snapback]

Yep, I know KVR and OSXAudio. :)