Shpongle - Nothing Lasts

whirlpool

How many points?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. How many points?

I think I really like the way that the voting results show. You've got one range of people who give it 9 and 10, then a lot of people who give it a 6, and it overall reads like a cool chart

They ought to do this for all the reviews!!!!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I really like the way that the voting results show.  You've got one range of people who give it 9 and 10, then a lot of people who give it a 6, and it overall reads like a cool chart

They ought to do this for all the reviews!!!!!

272290[/snapback]

well you got my vote

Has anyone got the cd from twisted? I must have been one of the very first to order it(even before it was announced on the website) but still haven't recieved it. Their customer support is really bad=( They make you order it paying their prices which is way higher than the other webshops promising you will have the cd 1-2 weeks before the webshops. Now it's two days until official releasedate. :angry:

Has anyone got the cd from twisted? I must have been one of the very first to order it(even before it was announced on the website) but still haven't recieved it. Their customer support is really bad=( They make you order it paying their prices which is way higher than the other webshops promising you will have the cd 1-2 weeks before the webshops. Now it's two days until official releasedate.  :angry:

272318[/snapback]

I ordered it before it was announced as well and got it yesterday. :)

Has anyone got the cd from twisted? I must have been one of the very first to order it(even before it was announced on the website) but still haven't recieved it. Their customer support is really bad=( They make you order it paying their prices which is way higher than the other webshops promising you will have the cd 1-2 weeks before the webshops. Now it's two days until official releasedate.

Yes, I got it last tuesday, no prob at all

I LOVE IT!

Seriously, not only is the music great, it also has a weird effect of making me a bit dizzy, like it's pushing my thoughts out of my head... very psychedelic. It creates it's own mood, unlike many other albums.

Outer Shpongolia, Levitation Nation, Periscopes, Shmaltz... it's all good. I love the carnival samples, the McKenna samples, all of it. And the vocals in When Shall I Be Free are really good.

9/10 or 10/10, I'll have to listen to it yet some more to decide.

Outer Shpongolia, Levitation Nation, Periscopes, Shmaltz...

272402[/snapback]

hehh, i love that part of the album also... unique journey through the music/Shpongle 3 Posted Image

7/10 from me. Some good parts, but some straight out boring parts too. And yeah, many of the samples used are cheesy and bad, especially the Terence McKenna ones.

272292[/snapback]

To me one of the most boring albums i have listened too, its all effects and some cheesy samples. Here and there something interesting is coming up, but not enough to save the album.

To me one of the most boring albums i have listened too, its all effects and some cheesy samples. Here and there something interesting is coming up, but not enough to save the album.

272491[/snapback]

which samples do you find cheesy?

you got the album he?

well, it has not reached israel yet... as far as i know at list...

so forgive please for beeing exited from samples  :)

273033[/snapback]

My God this is music! Although I don't like that much the Bossa mood on few tracks, the whole album is awesomely produced, and very personal. And you know I am not always tender with Shpongle, though... Although I was a bit disappointed byt "Tales", this one catched my ears immediatly. Really I can't understand those who put very provocative "1/10" or "2/10", even if one can of course says one don't like Shpongle, but say it's very bad is a total nonsense. Try to make an half of a quarter these guys did for psychedelic music and music in general, and come back later (it's not for you shaman sound of course! :D )... :P

I dont like it :( one of the worse lately

it's irritating and goes on my nerves, agree with this dude;

-------------------------------------------

I think the whole thing is one big, chaotic mess of ideas and sounds thrown into the FX blender and spit out the other side. After a few minutes, it really gets on my tits. After 60 minutes I want to smash it.