Help with some Dark Psy....

Ov3rdos3

Well...as we say in Sweden...

The taste is like the ass.....split.

I love their rough production and find a lot of music too polished.

And to be honest I haven't had acid for about 10 years time...so I'm not sure it would help you to appreciate their music neccessarily.

The quality of their tracks can be quite varying...but it sounds a lot more alive compared to most other artists.

For example GOW, Axax or Wizack Twizack mentioned in this thread sounds too typical, polished and formularic for me.

After a couple of seasons in Goa hearing that same style party after party for hours on end I have no possibility to appreciate it anymore.

To mention a few non shlab artists that I do like...

Ghreg On Earth, Mubali, Xenomorph, Derango & Noble Savage.

270286[/snapback]

I find Wizack's music anything but formulaic and polished. His music is purely unstructured brain chaos in many colors and flavors.

not sure what tracks of his you have heard, but the dude produces a track a day, and it always has different sounds, different basslines, different structure.

yes he does have his unique wizack sound but its not the formulated gms track that only the sample and key might be different.

I find his style very fitting for stoneage, and especially to kluster's latest album.

Not many artists can make music as psychotic as wizack.

as for fresh new dark'n madness, checkout the new vectorselector release.

I can't stand most of the new dark stuff, too monotonous and repetitive..

Noble Savage I like.. also Talpa, Transdriver, Derango, GOW, Jahbo and Alrune, Fractal Cowboys (!!!!), Mubali, and everybody on that new Sanaton Records comp. good stuff.

would like to hear new Ocelot.

Ohh yeah...Ocelot and vector selector have some very nice stuff.

Not all that dark judging from the tracks I heared, but very psychedelic indeed.

And djgreen...well...like I said...the taste is like the ass.

I only heared a few tracks, maybe 10 all together, and thats what I judge by.

Please reccommend some more orgininal tracks than the ones on Ctrl-Alt and I'll check them out.

I do think Klusters latest album was quite nice and original sounding.

And I normally don't like his stuff at a first listen, but it usually surprise me when I hear it on a PA.

hell yeah, educate me some... I like dark psy, but I'm very picky on it... What I like:

Scatterbrain, first Kluster, Ka Sol & old Stone Age stuff, Schlab, and the Schizm comp (the derango track!  :o ), Xenomorph

So I like very psychedelic, mad, fast freaked out dark trance with some melodic stuctures hidden... Please, tell me more if someone knows! :)

(what I DONT like is Parasense/Kindzadza and South African psy in general)

270231[/snapback]

You must get Menog then :)

http://www.psynews.org/reviews/naturalb.htm ;)

battle of the future buddhas and old planet ben (trippy future garden) sound very dark and badtrippy to me. But, I don't think they much related to the current darkpsy fad...

Oh, I also think Goa Gil should return to the "light..." Or at least vary it up a little. In 1995 he played all that uplifting spiritual stuff. now he plays tracks called "pure evil" and such? very strange to me. I've never seen the guy live, does he at least provide a flow from dark to light in his overnight sets?

I only heared a few tracks, maybe 10 all together, and thats what I judge by.

Please reccommend some more orgininal tracks than the ones on Ctrl-Alt and I'll check them out.

ohhh...the newer Wizack Twizack tracks are much better than the ones on Ctrl-Alt-Delete...

Also, I can't believe no one has mentioned Nabi Records or Mistress of Evil Records...both labels have but out some really great dark psy compilations.

The Australians- Hefty Output and Pondscum also have some really great tracks out on Ketuh Records.

I agree with grahf,

goagill should bring more light and positive spiritual goa trance into the scene. But stepping into darkness also has its benefits as the light might seem brighter coming from the valley of death.

My favorite image of goagill is from Last Hippie Standing documentary where he plays a most uplifting set and the crowd respond is just amazing.

I will actually cut that part of the vid and post it on this forum :D

To stay on-topic, when goa gill goes dark, it is no-mercy, no-one-can-help-you-now dark trance.

did you hear the last VA he released? it is pure (good) evil

Dark stuff:

OSOM

Derango

Battle Of The Future Buddhas

Ka-Sol

Marchaos

KinDzaDza

Savage Scream

Baphomet Engine

Kluster

Cosmo

Wizard Lizard

Naked Tourist

Mubali

Psyfactor

Matutero aka Zik

Droidsect

and more...

there are loads of dark psy artist there some of them released and loads of them yet to be discovered and released

some compilations i could recommend are

Va Kindzadza and friends

Va Boldy Audio (Dark forest music)

Va Incrypto

there's a long list ;)

regarding artists u could also try

Dejan

Jellyheadz

Delta Nuge Vs Renegade Peanuts

Hefty Output

Psybirds(A new psy project from Israel)

Savage Scream

Atrocious Berserker(side project of Savage Scream)

Phazy M'ulator (new unrls artist from Hungary)

again ......there's a long list ;)

Dejan

Jellyheadz

Delta Nuge Vs Renegade Peanuts

Hefty Output

Psybirds(A new psy project from Israel)

Savage Scream

Atrocious Berserker(side project of Savage Scream)

Phazy M'ulator (new unrls artist from Hungary)

again ......there's a long list  ;)

271653[/snapback]

I thought psybirds are russian

• 3 years later...