So what is this Full On stuff anyways?

Rytalin

(Yes I can actually feel some of you pointing at your screen and laughing at me right now)

But yeah.

I've been seeing the term everywhere lately.

Is Full On the term for all this nu pseudo psytripe thats been getting released lately or what?

Is Full On the term for all this nu pseudo psytripe thats been getting released lately or what?

Bingo! :lol:

There is also good full on though.

Full on is goa trance but more poppy & pumpy.

Focus is always on the "fat" bassline.

Bingo!  :lol:

There is also good full on though.

Full on is goa trance but more poppy & pumpy.

Focus is always on the "fat" bassline.

269990[/snapback]

would you say stuff like Psykovsky, Penta, Kindzadza, is full on? because if fekking wicked stuff, but its definitly not skazi....

Well some artist floath between styles and it's difficult to label every artist.

Psykovsky and kindzadza is not full on imo, but Dark psy-trance.

Penta is good full on with dark psy influence.

But i noticed Kindzadza appears alot on full on compilations lately.

Maybe full on is loosing his goa-trance touch and evolving more to dark psy.

And in that case, yes, kindzadza is full on, but then full on changed towards his kind of music, so dark psy is taking over the hype now, and the hyped music is always called full on :huh: ...

Am i getting complicated on this?

humans, strange creatures....

Skazi can't be labeled in psy or goa trance. He has his own style going on. That's the only thing i can say about him. He's unique, hate or love-music. & i hate it.

this full-on term is really confusing me, people are calling even the Spliff music relases... i.e > new religion, roppongi dreams, etc full on... im just confused now.. everything seems to be full-on... and apparently half of it is just "killlarrggH"

this full-on term is really confusing me, people are calling even the Spliff music relases... i.e > new religion, roppongi dreams, etc full on... im just confused now.. everything seems to be full-on... and apparently half of it is just "killlarrggH"

270071[/snapback]

indeed. stuff like Psykovsky, Zik and Kindzadza is very killaaarrggg indeed, yet i can stomach it, because its really really good stuff, and sounds nothing like most of the tripe that gets released today.

indeed. stuff like Psykovsky, Zik and Kindzadza is very killaaarrggg indeed, yet i can stomach it, because its really really good stuff, and sounds nothing like most of the tripe that gets released today.

270089[/snapback]

agreed.... aproved...

full-on = something that uses the formula invented by GMS... namely a huge rolling bassline and sounds being thrown here and there + a climax near the end of the track. Just listen to any album by GMS and/ or Alien Project and see how it all started...

Will you excuse me if i'll say that I don't consider Kin Dza Dza as music?

273323[/snapback]

you are excused :P

im not particularly fond of Kindzadza (in particular) either... but i don't necesarily dislike full on like i have mentioned times before

Guest The Journey Man Project

Typical full on such as the sh!t released by labels such as TIP World and Spun can best be described as happy hardcore slowed down from 180bpm to 145bpm... now if you like it well and good but to me it is rare that good full on song comes out... there are only 3 labels that for me release quality full on... Timecode, Nexus Media and Beyond Logic Records.... other than that my reccommendation for good trance is Boshke Beats and Gravity Plus

Guest Rain

you have two different types of fullon...

the term fullon has always been used for the fastest and most melodic goa on the market...

artist like astral projection, infected mushroom (classical mushroom then) have gotten the name fullon a long time agoo cause back in the days they were the most melodic...

1. there's the old skool fullon that is more like goatrance but faster and more melodic... like xerox, yellow dwarfs, talmasca older releases...

2... you have the new fullon hype, the typical morning fullon forumule who has been introduced by gsm (1200 mics), silicon sound, astrix...

just listen you'll notice the difference in structure...

considering one line explanation : fullon is always the fastest and most melodic goa on the market...

Typical full on such as the sh!t released by labels such as TIP World and Spun can best be described as happy hardcore slowed down from 180bpm to 145bpm... now if you like it well and good but to me it is rare that good full on song comes out... there are only 3 labels that for me release quality full on... Timecode, Nexus Media and Beyond Logic Records.... other than that my reccommendation for good trance is Boshke Beats and Gravity Plus

273742[/snapback]

What a clever boy! :D

Timecode and Nexus RULE!

Which begs the question: Whose Beyond Logic? Never heard of them before. Which artist play for them?

I'll need a lot of Vodka for that. I couldn't be bothered to even download it, sorry.

well you should... it's REALLY good (well at least far better than the first)

considering one line explanation : fullon is always the fastest and most melodic goa on the market...

well IMO that's exactly the problem... the whole "full-on" business started out as something fast and melodic... but someway along the line the whole concept just got lost. Now the bassline is fast but not THE fastest, there are some melodies but not a lot... basically it just became boring and uninvolving. For me the only label that still makes "full on" in the true sense of the word is 3D Vision (mostly Absolum and CPU).

well you should... it's REALLY good (well at least far better than the first)

well IMO that's exactly the problem... the whole "full-on" business started out as something fast and melodic... but someway along the line the whole concept just got lost. Now the bassline is fast but not THE fastest, there are some melodies but not a lot... basically it just became boring and uninvolving. For me the only label that still makes "full on" in the true sense of the word is 3D Vision (mostly Absolum and CPU).

274734[/snapback]

CPU was acceptable in his first cd... the second... i wouln't touch with a pole... not even a long one... but thats just me