SIMON IS GOD

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you nuts? God could never be THAT good.... :P

Just kidding. I wouldn't call Simon Posford a divine being, but his musical genius is legendary and impossible to describe in English. To do that, I'd need to invent a special keyboard with special letters... ;)

Maybe 'pioneer' fits the description better, hm? :rolleyes: I don't think any musician in history has ever made such brilliant music, changed his style (and succesfully, too) and enjoyed so much praise from fans and music-lovers alike. A talent that is one in a million, for sure.

I don't think any musician in history has ever made such brilliant music, changed his style (and succesfully, too) and  enjoyed so much praise from fans and music-lovers alike. A talent that is one in a million, for sure.

270437[/snapback]

well dont say in history, because there are far too many....

simon says... simon sucks

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Bloke Meets Posford, Enthuses: “He’s a Real Person, Like With Hair And A Nose And Everything”

Meek late-twenties Nigel Nigelton is all over the place this week after having a conversation with Simon Posford and subsequently realising that the man behind Hallucinogen is just a man.

Like the majority of trance fans around the world, Nigelton, 27, had long suspected that Posford was a God or demi-God, or at least some sort of Son Of God much like early trance pioneer Jesus (who let’s face it would run a record label and a quality, regular night if he was alive today).

He had what is described as “a conversation” with Posford, probably 30-something, during which they talked about the set, the new Shpongle LP, the general state of the psytrance scene, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

“I cant believe it,” Nigellton said. “I’m a bit shorter than him so I could see right up his nose. His eyes move, he forms words just like a human and I would imagine he also goes to the toilet occasionally.”

Trance Shockwaves have since reverberated around the planet, though not literally.

“Releasing heresy and nonsense like this into the community is both irresponsible and shit,” commented the Trance Police.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I got this from Psyreviews.

Thanks Damo for being a funny karnt. :)

Simon is God? ... :huh:

Simon has great skills. Simon is a good business man. Simon is smart. Simon is a "living legend" within the psy-community. Simon is English, Simon is a person who likes drugs, dont hide it (like IM) and belives in making trippy music. I like simon, Simon is a person ..

my latest artwork...

Posted Image

he's a God of Shpongleland..... schnitzl'd into outer Shponglia

if you wanna see a bigger version - klick the picture

284827[/snapback]

.. waow! Thats beautiful .. If you remove simon, and install a mushroom (or something, or nothing?) instead. Post it here.. Can I then use it as my Avatar?? :rolleyes:

my latest artwork...

Posted Image

he's a God of Shpongleland..... schnitzl'd into outer Shponglia

if you wanna see a bigger version - klick the picture

284827[/snapback]

hippie very nice, admirable photoshop skills! :)

CINOS, traveller!!! new wall paper for you people! :D

.. waow! Thats beautiful .. If you remove simon, and install a mushroom (or something, or nothing?) instead. Post it here.. Can I then use it as my Avatar??  :rolleyes:

285092[/snapback]

:D i'm afraid no... i mean, you can use it as avatar, but Simon's staying there

tnx, btw

Can I bribe you with anything?

nope :rolleyes:

(I am a Postford fan all the way btw. But I dont like to idolize)

285252[/snapback]

i don't idealize anybody or anything [i don't believe in idols], i just have no problem with expression of how i love somebody or something.. or somebody's work, or somebody's anything... you can use words to express your feelings, but also you can paint it ;)

nope :rolleyes:

i don't idealize anybody or anything [i don't believe in idols], i just have no problem with expression of how i love somebody or something.. or somebody's work, or somebody's anything... you can use words to express your feelings, but also you can paint it ;)

285262[/snapback]

no...? :(

Thats ok ;)

Simon is God? ...  :huh: 

Simon has great skills. Simon is a good business man. Simon is smart. Simon is a "living legend" within the psy-community. Simon is English, Simon is a person who likes drugs, dont hide it (like IM) and belives in making trippy music. I like simon, Simon is a person ..

285091[/snapback]

"Simon is a person who likes drugs, dont hide it (like IM)"

Plz.. infected mushroom dont do drugs... look at them, they are too sharp and serious to be doing drugs... thats what i think!

Guest .::E.P

Is it me or does this "God" thing become a bit too exacterated and stupid?

This is not Hollywood. It's a quite small scene (compared to the music business in whole) and in my opinion the only stars are the ones that pay money to see us artists and dance all night.

"Simon is a person who likes drugs, dont hide it (like IM)"

Plz.. infected mushroom dont do drugs... look at them, they are too sharp and serious to be doing drugs... thats what i think!

285448[/snapback]

What kind of reasoning is that? There's plenty of sharp and serious people out there doing drugs.

Is it me or does this "God" thing become a bit too exacterated and stupid?

This is not Hollywood. It's a quite small scene (compared to the music business in whole) and in my opinion the only stars are the ones that pay money to see us artists and dance all night.

285449[/snapback]

It's not just you. He's not that good. IMNHO

It's not just you. He's not that good. IMNHO

285454[/snapback]

I dont intirely understand your comment Khogg. He's not that good how?

Do you mean that he's not that good when it comes to your music taste, or that he doesnt have musical/production skills? Because no mather if you like Simon's work or not. One cant say that he has no skills. .. imo =)