Magnetrixx : Wired

::shiau::

i have been listening to it for a week straight now, its an awesome release! uplifting, bouncy and have deep layers! i cant get tired from this happy bass kicks!

track 5 and 6 stand out the most!

it makes new son kite a bit boring IMO

one of my recent favs along with Beat Bizarre and Shift :)

It is an album i was awaiting for for a long time! Magnetrixx, with his 2 previous albums, delivered really good music, and i expected a new and great album.

Here the cover and the tracklist:

Posted Image

01. PROBABLY

02. SYNTEX

03. SKAPHANDER

04. ZIPFEL

05. TANZAPFEL

06. SURROGAT

07. WIRED

08. FILIGRAN

This album keeps this original and special Magnetrixx hypnotic groove. This is a bit different from "Trittschall" and "Phase shift", and i would say more musical, more melodic. What i liked in his 2 previous albums was the happy feeling, uplifting and sunny, but not really melodic. This one maintains the same happy groove, and it's perfect music for dance floor as well as it's excellent morning progressive trance.

Track 3 SKAPHANDER is really imaginative, and doesn't follow the typical formulas of psytrance, just like the whole album : acid lines in a morning progressive trance track, really unconventional, and it is my favourite track in this album.

All my respect for Magnetrixx for maintaining their unique and warm style, and making it evolve a bit, adding more melodies, but staying away from the current psytrance trends.

Recommended album, of course!

Absolutely great album in the same melodic morning (progressive) style as Soul Surfers, Blue Vortex etc... Very hypnotic with deep driving basslines, cool for when you are very tired but you still want to dance a little :)

Longer review later :)

i thought this was a step down for Magnetrixx... same old 2003 sound but he lost some that jagged edge feel i loved and like u say went more for the melodic aspect.

I got to put myself in the artist's shoes now and again and think crap u never win: if you change your sound then people dislike it, and if the same thing then it might sound old... so taking those poles into consideration it was ok. Going to stick with the old sound from Trittschall or even better phase shift.

• 2 weeks later...

Love this album. It sounds exactly like its namesake: wired.

Elegant and activating melodies make this one of my favorites to plau during work.

my first feeling about this album - slight disappointment

may be we just wanted to get different things with it...

279375[/snapback]

thats what i felt at first but you really got to let it progress...

the last two songs (wired & filigran) blow the whole thing away, it is undeniably classic magnetrixx in it's best form. True the rest is bit 'light'.. but better to have two or 3 really great songs than none at all. at leats it made my purchaise worthwhile

Haven´t heard the album yet, only heard some of their tracks on previous 12" and I like them alot! Another nice thing with AP is that they care about the covers, even their 12"es got unique graphics for each release.

Upcoming purchase :).

Groovy, extroverted, lighthearted, atmospheric, melodic, bouncy, warm, this is what morning music is all about, and Magnetrixx Wired has it all.

Love it!

Edit: Forgot to mention that the cover art is one of the best in a very long time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have been listening to it for a week straight now, its an awesome release! uplifting, bouncy and have deep layers! i cant get tired from this happy bass kicks!

268692[/snapback]

YES! THAT`S IT! :D

perfect german sound

(one of) the best prog release lately

Guest Kai-Q

Yeah this a very good Progressive Trance album. :)

The first two CD's from Magnetrixx are very boring, only rhythm, bassline and sometimes a SFX or a keyboardsound, therefore no great changes.

Wierd have more trancey spheres and more melodies, it is more diversified. :)

I like Progressive Trance like this CD or from Matenda, Human Blue etc.

The Coverartwork is great too. :)