What kind of old school trance you like ?

seraph

So, if you happen to be and old schooler as me, tell me what are your old school influences that grabbed you and made you understand this music.

I am obssesed with Eye Q artists and label and my favourite artists from then are CYGNUS X, VERNON, BRAINCHILD, EARTH NATION, SVEN VATH, STEVIE B ZET...

There is of course Platipus with its great artists : ART OF TRANCE, TERRA FERMA, UNION JACK, CLANGER, QUIETMAN, MOOGWAI, ALBION...

I also liked very much german and french school too : LSG, HUMATE, AQUALITE, SPICELAB, PASCAL FEOS, PETE NAMLOOK, X-CABS, RABBIT IN THE MOON, COSMIC BABY, DANCE 2 TRANCE, DER DRITTE RAUM, HARDFLOOR, QUENCH, SASHA...

There are lots of old schoolers that made generic, spirtual trance that was much more mature than so many stuff these days...Those were the days, no matter how naive they might sound now, lot of stuff from before sounds good even these days...That is the essence of it, quality will sound as good in 2020...:)

hell yeah! psytrance started with platipus for me :)

i heard art of trance for a WHILE... and i still rember the Cygnus x days... back when i was going clubbing every weekend... uff.. to be honest i don't exactly remember a whole lot of those days... but they were fun ;)

the first psy...psy cd i held in my hands was the a single by concentrix... i don't remember much else exept it had this wicked picture of this girl... it was quite strange... for the rest of the stuff i was hearing those days i remember thinking sense-blender... what kind of record label would be named like that... well needles to say i found out when i played it.. and man was it wild...

besides Hallucinogen and , saikopod... what else... doof! of course... im having trouble remembering much else at this point... it's been a long day...

I like old Rave stuff like Marusha, Westbam, Raver's Nature and so on (also the first two albums by U96. Anybody remember Das Boot?). Also early Hardcore/Breakbeat like Kicks Like A Mule, Prodigy and Altern8. Trance like Seraph mentioned is also very nice, same goes for Acid... I just don't like it when the stuff is to monotone so hard-trance and also regular trance is very fine for me.

those X-MIX things on MTV's party zone like 10 or 15 years ago, if someone remembers those.. hehe

First time I heard trance was some shitty nitzchonot by eyal barkan and friends at the same time I stumbled with two BEST compilations: Let It Rip (Matsuri) & The Holotropic Mind (Nephilim), unaware to "real" stuff I continued listening to nitzchonot till I got sick of it and then for the first time I heard Infected Mushroom's tracks on UFS compilation (BNE) at that exact moment I fell in love with the sound and quality of the "real" trance and decided to drop nitzchonot, since then I started buying and collecting cds, at first listed only to isratrance: MFG, Astral Projection, California Sunshine, Oforia, Sandman etc... After a while (and when good old isratrance turned fullon) I understood I'm very narrow minded for only listening to isratrance, I remembered those two compilations Let it RIP and Holotropic Mind, I started listening to them again and I really liked it! I followed the other projects of the artists on those two comps…

So now I'm obsessed with old trance artists from those following labels: TIP Rec, Matsuri, Nephilim (till they turned porgy), Phantasm, Koyote, Transient, (some) Blue Room… all the big ones ;)

those X-MIX things on MTV's party zone like 10 or 15 years ago, if someone remembers those.. hehe

268323[/snapback]

oh yeah man!!!

i remember these! that was MIND BLOWING CLIPS!!!!

do u have any idea where can i find these on DVD or etc?

and which tracks were those cuz back them i barely knew the music... and i dont remember the tracks

268323[/snapback]

I sure remember Partyzone!!! Best MTV show ever... I have some of the clips on tape but I guess it weren't X-MIX, I also would care for a DVD with them...

well i have only memories, nothing on tape or DVD nor i remember track titles and such, i wonder if Simone is still alive..

chi a.d, astralasia, and recently got into terra ferma after reading loads of seraph's posts about them  :P

268564[/snapback]

Well, I meant old school trance artists, not old school goa, beacuse it appeared much later than original trance. First 'official' trance was released in 1991, I was talking about the period between 1991 and 1997. ;) for Terra ferma...check other stuff as well...

Well ... back then I was mostly into the early Dream Dance compilation series ... with artists like Sven Väth, The Visions Of Shiva (How Much Can You Take?), Energy 52, Oasis, Disco Citizens, Paul Van Dyk, CJ Stone (Tower Of Naphatali), Chicane...

A bit later I had a Dance To Trance and DJ Quicksilver period ... which then led into trance music of nowadays until end of 2001 as I discovered psy - fortunately...

Effective Force, Pablo Gargano, Visions of Shiva.. old stuff by Paul van Dyk are pretty neat :)

i like most of the things that came out in israel in the years 1994- 1998

as i said, most of them, certinly not all of them!

i also like albums that came out after 1998 such as MFG- the message, California sunshine- wonderland and flying eye land.....hmmmm also Astral projection's another world....

but basicly i think 1994-1998 was the golden era of the israeli trance