Shpongle - Nothing Lasts... But Nothing Is Lost

Jikkenteki

Guest The Journey Man Project

but, i really don't see how his point of view affects anybody else's...

310894[/snapback]

Because I had a big go at S. Posford on the main forum, and it got up Traveller;s nose that not everybody is aTwisted Records fan, because hey are suposedly the only label on this planet where every release should be placed next to Mozart and Beethoven and go down in history as most amazing music ever :blink::D It's because I have my own opinion and own thoughts ;)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 people have come out and abused me personally over it.  I staed Traveller downloaded the mp3's illegally because in a post in general he said he had, I did accuse him of being upset of not getting the cd for free, but thast is about as nasty as I got.  I never had to explain myself to either of you and I have done so in a reasonably matue way.  If you cannot handle anything I say from now on can you please send me a private message or an email to prolojik@gmail.com and not slander me on a public forum. 

Mike

310902[/snapback]

Oh where's this abuse you speak of? I think you're doing the whole 1/10 thingy just to piss people off. You were after nothing but provocation..

You are so wrong. An you said along the line my vote is worth piss... that is insultng, if I said your view wer worth piss you;d be insulted no? If I'm worng and you'd take that as a compliment, then we are two very different people, and maybe you will leave me alone now, and I'llleav you alone.

Oops sorry then, it was only the second one who got insultin ghtne. I now realise what you said and meant. I still find it interestng that even tho you beleive my comment was just to create anger, you were the only to really fall for it? Look I'm sick of tis discussion, let's just leave it at that I don;t like this album ,you do. Life goes on. Ciao

Oh where's this abuse you speak of? I think you're doing the whole 1/10 thingy just to piss people off. You were after nothing but provocation..

310915[/snapback]

I think the only provocateur here is you traveller, as in so many other posts of yours. Just get over the fact that many people don't like the last Shpongle album.

I think the only provocateur here is you traveller, as in so many other posts of yours. Just get over the fact that many people don't like the last Shpongle album.

310971[/snapback]

What the hell is there to get over with? I don't care what you think :)

Then why did you sya anything about my first post? If you didn;t care why didn;t you keep your moth shut and let it go? Then there wouldn;t be all this crap for other people to sift thru! You could've just left it blank! Ever thought of that just letting it go?

Then why did you sya anything about my first post?  If you didn;t care why didn;t you keep your moth shut and let it go? Then there wouldn;t be all this crap for other people to sift thru! You could've just left it blank! Ever thought of that just letting it go?

310983[/snapback]

Why not say what I think? I can keep my "moth" shut if you keep your mouth shut :P

what a crybaby!!

am i supposed to feel sorry for hurting your feeling?

because you give this excellent music 1/10?

what the f*ck happened to reality?

are we in the moron matrix?

go make an album as half as good as Nothing Lasts, then come back and i'll apologize!

after all, you only have to accomplish over 0.5/10, right? should be easy.

You should have come to Sonica and listen to it being played in Posford's chill set. Dancing as the sun went down surrounded by wonderful smiling people in that amazing place... Then its shine would not diminish one bit...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great great release. I had to listen to it at least 5 times before my preception alowd me to make an thorough oppinion. At first it sounded kind of too normal in a Shpongle way ... the first par of the album was uptempo and great do ... and the second to slow and too familiar. After a while i "discovered" the second part, and managed to fully enjoy the "one piece of music" concept of this masterpiece ... and I give it a 10.

Simon and Raja - you are one of a kind. And keep on going please - i don't mind the years that will pass until the next release, but i would be terrible sorry not to here from Shpongle aggain...

great album!superb flow in there.usual synth magic of shpongle.not as good as the first album but this is not a bad sign cause the 1st album is a masterpiece,so possibly nothing like this will be ever produced.get it if you want something for the mind and the spirit.

p.s i think it is better than the second album.

I was sort of disapointed with the bit depth of this release. Why do they always use the same cookie cutter bit depth? What happened to originality and experimentation? I give it 1/10.

High frequencys: 8/10 These were high, but not quite high enough to really reach higher levels of consciousness. It's sounds good if you're in the right mood sipping herbal tea in tie dye clothing and meditating about tofu.

Mid frequncys: 9/10 These sort of remind me of a trip to the park and feeding squirrels until being kidnapped by aliens. Killah! PsybuddhaALienBom!

Low frequencys: N/A I live in a tall building so I couldn't hear these. My downstairs neighbour did comment something about them, so I think he's low enough. I should probably go listen to this at his place until I comment.

The sampling rate was quite predictable although well excecuted. I won't rate it because it's depends on what you're into. Very good if you're into this style.

Music: 7/10 Ruined by overuse of the usual Fx. Irritating.

Overall album 6/10

280119[/snapback]

:D

I guess you either love this album or dislike it, thats whats happens when artists change their course a bit. Sometime it just has to be that way for something new to happen. :blink:

I personaly like it very much, I would'nt say its the best because all the three albums are so different just too hard to say...

I saw Simon and Raja at Freedom Festival, it was a bliss and I know everybody there listing to it felt the same way, just straight spirituel! :rolleyes:

uhhh, although I seem to be replying to an overpopulated thread, I'll pitch in my two cents worth...

I first listened to this and thought it was the best album of the decade... I ran out and purchased it for both myself and one of my best buddies, who is a brilliant producer in his own right (although I won't name drop) as it was his 31st birthday and we are "psychedelic warriors" from waaaaaay back B)

Before I gave it to him I listened to it a number of times, and realised that I might be wrong... yes, it is good... but is it a Mozart level revelation? I might have been biased from the fact I have have a serious Simon Posford jones... I saw him play in Australia 4 times in one week, in two cities... Hallucinogen is one of the finest projects of all-time, and anyone who saw him mix the closing set at Earthcore (near Melbourne) last year could attest to his near divine status... :)

Seriously though this is one of THOSE albums. One listen will not suffice. It is much more minimal than the last one, and by minimal I mean there are usually only 4 to 6 tracks playing at once... it is NOT an epic, flowing psytrance piece at all... in fact if you approach this album, expect to hear some raw, filtered ethic flavoured psy sounds transmutated into a brilliant overall masterpiece, and you'll be satisfied.

Does it pass the "trance test"..?

Yes. Strap on headphones, bliss out, and SPACE out : the successor to the Orb is here. And I think that THAT is the point many are missing. I've boogied my ass off to a phat 120 to 130 bpm set from Shpongle two years running at the BEST outdoor festival Australia has to offer (disclaimer : I'm sorry, Aussies, I haven't been to Rainbow Serpent yet) and expected a different album.

This is brilliant. No apologies. If he wasn't touring here soon, I'd demand that he be locked into the studio to concoct more multicoloured psychic bliss bombs for all of us.

Love you all

• 3 weeks later...

uhhh, although I seem to be replying to an overpopulated thread, I'll pitch in my two cents worth...

I first listened to this and thought it was the best album of the decade... I ran out and purchased it for both myself and one of my best buddies, who is a brilliant producer in his own right (although I won't name drop) as it was his 31st birthday and we are "psychedelic warriors" from waaaaaay back  B)

Before I gave it to him I listened to it a number of times, and realised that I might be wrong... yes, it is good... but is it a Mozart level revelation?  I might have been biased from the fact I have have a serious Simon Posford jones... I saw him play in Australia 4 times in one week, in two cities... Hallucinogen is one of the finest projects of all-time, and anyone who saw him mix the closing set at Earthcore (near Melbourne) last year could attest to his near divine status...  :)

Seriously though this is one of THOSE albums.  One listen will not suffice.  It is much more minimal than the last one, and by minimal I mean there are usually only 4 to 6 tracks playing at once... it is NOT an epic, flowing psytrance piece at all... in fact if you approach this album, expect to hear some raw, filtered ethic flavoured psy sounds transmutated into a brilliant overall masterpiece, and you'll be satisfied.

Does it pass the "trance test"..?

Yes.  Strap on headphones, bliss out, and SPACE out : the successor to the Orb is here.  And I think that THAT is the point many are missing.  I've boogied my ass off to a phat 120 to 130 bpm set from Shpongle two years running at the BEST outdoor festival Australia has to offer (disclaimer : I'm sorry, Aussies, I haven't been to Rainbow Serpent yet) and expected a different album.

This is brilliant.  No apologies.  If he wasn't touring here soon, I'd demand that he be locked into the studio to concoct more multicoloured psychic bliss bombs for all of us. 

Love you all

336780[/snapback]

2003 was good too when he came out... This album though, pretty ordinary in my opinion. Here is an interesting exercise - Imagine this was the first Shpongle Album, and the 1st one the final Shpongle album.

Gonna be a long time before anything comparable to the scope and quality of the 1st Shpongle album comes along again.

The 3 Shpongle albums in their declining level of quality, as a trilogy, is kinda like the matrix.

2003 was good too when he came out... This album though, pretty ordinary in my opinion. Here is an interesting exercise - Imagine this was the first Shpongle Album, and the 1st one the final Shpongle album.

Gonna be a long time before anything comparable to the scope and quality of the 1st Shpongle album comes along again.

The 3 Shpongle albums in their declining level of quality, as a trilogy, is kinda like the matrix.

349271[/snapback]

Almost. Except Matrix 3 was better than Matrix 2.

I dunno why raja ram suddenly liked the idea of an album full of 3 mins samples, but in spite of this the album is nice, not like are u shpongled but tolerable.

ps matrix 3 wasn't better then the 2nd, at all.