RAH

Compilation: Audio Sinndicate

Label: Sinn Tec Records

Year: 2005

Format: CD

Web: http://www.sinn-tec-records.com

Posted Image

01. Nasa - Lulu (140 BPM's in F m)

02. Symphonix - Infinity (138 BPM's in G#m)

03. Tomtron & Liesegang - Tale of Atlantis (138 BPM's in A m)

04. Metronome - Blind (138 BPM's in F m)

05. Vaishiyas - Mask Tamburine (142 BPM's in E m)

06. Audiomatic & Block 4 - Simulating (142 BPM's in A m)

07. Sync - Voltage (140 BPM's in G m)

08. Genetic Spin - Ocean (140 BPM's in F m)

Nasa - Lulu

If I hear girl of “smack my bitch” one more time I think I might scream, even if it’s just the beginning… I’m sure people can find better samples on this day and age, as for the meat? It’s typical slow progressive sound with the dreamy melodies and the repeating arpeggios we have grown accustomed. With previous releases on Com.Pact, Iboga, Tatsu, and Psychotropic records amongst others is clear the sound has been defined and even though the output is clean it’s not really anything new.

Symphonix - Infinity

I first heard of Symphonix in one of the many Midijum compilations doing the rounds in the international circle. Having released tracks almost exclusively with AP, Yellow Sunshine Explosion and… yes Midijum, it’s should be no surprise their sound is the melodic kind with thriving drum work on delayed congas and minimal ‘psy’ synthesizers. It’s the homogenized psychedelic that has been adapted for the dance floors. For what it stands, the production is always very polished and pleasing to the ear.

Tomtron & Liesegang - Tale of Atlantis

Dj Tomtron is better known as Andre Absolut from Switzerland doing the rounds Novatekk and Domo records, joining forces in this particular song with Timm Liesegang. “Tales of Atlantis” throws us right into the action of deep and bouncy kicks added the harmonic vibrations from all different angles. The melodic aspect could have used a little diversity, but it fits under the label of progressive these days.

Metronome - Blind

“Tipi-dy toe, let’s go slow…” announces the voice at the beginning of the song setting the right mood for what is to come. Henrik Nilsson doing what he knows best: a subtle combination of a minimalist trance, this time added the bongos (and amusing samples) with a few silky melodies in a fitting arrangement. I personally like Metronome, because he manages to implant melodies that remind a bit of Boards of Canada; obviously it is a bit more coherent in respect to this kind of genre, but there is still that spice deep within the synthesizer work that’s IDM. I want to call it slightly tribal, but the drums alone don’t merit the name, that said it is very rich percussion-wise showing some solid experience on the production side, Zillion Mental Anarchie, Groove Zone and Jum Jam records can testify.

Vaishiyas - Mask Tamburine

For my personal taste ‘Mask Tambourine” is a bit too much cheese, jaded melodies with a ‘masked’ kick that just really don't take me anywhere. I personally do not seem to get much satisfaction out of this one not even after having adjusted the equalizer on the lower frequencies. Bottom line, it doesn’t seem to be have one. If you like Jum Jam Yellow Sunshine explosion and Magma records this might be your groove, musically is very active, but just simply not my cup of tea.

Audiomatic & Block 4 - Simulating

On the lighter side of progressive “simulating” offers a candy-coated rhythmic proposal with funky synthesizers and groovy sounds that for my ear seems to be growing a little old. Audiomatic in charge of compiling this one, put his personal mark on the CD and the output is vibrant and colorful, but just not very psychedelic on the senses; unless you consider putting in the sequencer a number of melodies, to later group them under a harmonic flag.

Sync - Voltage

And the cheese continues in a steady stream with the light and uplifting melodies on top of invariable drum work. There is really nothing else that stands from the mundane in this song, that said is not bad effort within its class.

Genetic Spin - Ocean

Simon Towity & Michael Schultz from Denmark return to save the compilation from stagnation. To be fair with the rest of the review there isn’t anything radically different form the previous songs, but to my ears it just sounds better. Maybe it’s the use of hi hats and shakers in the drum work along with the soothing pads that just make a difference in my ears. If you listen to the samples I would like to think you might find yourself agreeing. There is a quality to this ‘uplifting’ sound that appears a bit more mature and less clichéd coming back from the days of fluorescent-incandescent.

The ones we liked

2, 4, 8

Overall? I invite you to draw your own conclusions.

Psyshop seems to be only selling at this point >

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sin/sin1cd003.html

This review was originally posted @ http://sonic-energy.net

• 2 months later...

Very typical German festival music with uninspired static grooves and almost nothing standing out in the bunch. Most of these artists have made some pretty good stuff in the past, but overall this is a very disappointing release.

Best track for me though must be Genetic Spins "Ocean" - an uplifting blend of full on and their old style, but not really enough to make me feel this was money well spent.