Shpongle 3 - Nothing lasts but nothing is lost

MattMan

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for all those who expected that this album would be commercial,cheesy,bad etc....

Posted Image

Ceriously Cinos, you don't have to inform us about every problem you encounter during the day. I haven't checked this topic since lunch and now it's full of completely useless replies from you.

Please don't be so fast to hit the reply button, think twice.

Ceriously Cinos, you don't have to inform us about every problem you encounter during the day. I haven't checked this topic since lunch and now it's full of completely useless replies from you.

Please don't be so fast to hit the reply button, think twice.

267348[/snapback]

Everybody else does, you being the odd exception. It's seem you're also the only one annoyed by it.

Anyways I couldn't help myself. I downloaded it. It's everything I expected, majestical to the very last beat. I'll be getting myself a real copy asap

B)

266862[/snapback]

oh, the hypocrisy of it all....

-ensign

oh, the hypocrisy of it all....

-ensign

267384[/snapback]

especially considering the fact that not only are you condoning the use of BT to get albums beforehand, but you are also aiding and abetting BY using BT, b\c your d/l time is also used to share it to other ppl who may/may not buy the album. im not saying i have any prob w\ this... just very amused considering your history of file share bashing. Seems that as soon as you are out of the loop for new pre-releases, you give in to the apple that we've all been eating from. the snake approves.

-ensign

I dont want to listen to it before I get it fresh in the mail ... No fun if I'v heard it before..

I like "virgin" albums :D Pluss, I'm gonna buy it anyway.. And I have patience..

aaahhh yeah!. I'm such a saint :rolleyes:

Well, true. But if it weren't for un-sain(ts) like myself, you wouldn't be sure about the fact that you were gonna buy the CD for sure, am I right?  :lol:

267438[/snapback]

nope.. would buy it anyway.. Pluss, I havent read this thread..

Guest The Journey Man Project

Man, yu guys are sooooo sad... the "I'll download it now and buy it later" stoyr is the biggest load of shit... you've already downloaded it! By doing so you are condoning the practice, and whether you buy the album or not, its too late, you've commited the crime (and it is a crime).... anyway... I'm really dissapointed in Traveller, what an idiot... I'm sure Simon would be real proud of you mate!

ya, I'd like to know where to go too.

267439[/snapback]

this is your first post since december 04 and you ask a link to an illegal download that is something we re not supposed to discuss in this forum..

hmm..

If you're not bright enough to find it, you don't deserve to download it.

Not a bad album, by the way! Lots of different influences, some remind me of 'A Flock of Bleeps', others 'Tales of the Inexpressible'. And no, I'm not buying the album . . . ever. At least I'm being honest.

Guest The Journey Man Project

If you're not bright enough to find it, you don't deserve to download it.

Not a bad album, by the way! Lots of different influences, some remind me of 'A Flock of Bleeps', others 'Tales of the Inexpressible'. And no, I'm not buying the album . . . ever. At least I'm being honest.

267485[/snapback]

I'd just like to congratulate you on being the tosser you are... being honest doesn;t make it right... nothing in this world is free... just remember that when the shit hits the fan for you, was it really worth all the downloads?

oh and I can happily say this as I've spent over $4000 US on psytrance andove $2000 us on non psy music, and I never ever ever have downloadeda single song that was not directly offered by the musician... and I never will.

Wow you rule. The only psy album I ever purchased was Twisted. I guess that makes you a better person . . . but it makes me the smarter one. Why not spend your money on the homeless if you want to be so altruistic?

I am mildly disappointed at the use of electric guitars in The Nebbish Route. Maybe it takes a few bong hits to appreciate, but I just don't like electric guitars in psy-trance.

"just remember that when the shit hits the fan for you, was it really worth all the downloads?"

What shit? What fan? You going to send the RIAA on me? or the Recording Industries of Outer Shpongalia on me? Let's hope you've never discussed drug use.. . the DEA might just suspend their troops from copters and bust down your house in search of drugs.

I really don't care how much you've spent on music, and regardless I am buying the album. The quality of mp3's doesn't cut it on my system. I don't care what any of you think about downloading. How do you think most people hear about Shpongle? I'd say the internet. So unless you blindly buy albums because they might be good, downloading helps alot. Can I download a live Shpongle performance experience? Nope, but I can pay to get into a club where they are playing and guess what, Shpongle makes money that way. If it werent for downloading, I wouldn't even know who Shpongle, Hallucinogen, or any of the other Twisted artists are. If that makes me a criminal then I guess I'm a criminal. So if you plan on doing something about it then go ahead.

It's not a matter of being smart enough to find it. I thought it would be much easier and faster to just ask you guys for a link so I didn't have to look. If you don't want to share it then that's fine maybe that makes you feel special. I will find it anyway.

You can cry and retaliate against this post, and I'm sure someone here is going to want to real bad, but like I said before, I don't care.

I'm off to go save some homeless people with davinox. Us criminals need something to spend our money on.

I really don't care how much you've spent on music, and regardless I am buying the album.  The quality of mp3's doesn't cut it on my system.  I don't care what any of you think about downloading. How do you think most people hear about Shpongle? I'd say the internet.  So unless you blindly buy albums because they might be good, downloading helps alot.  Can I download a live Shpongle performance experience? Nope, but I can pay to get into a club where they are playing and guess what, Shpongle makes money that way.  If it werent for downloading, I wouldn't even know who Shpongle, Hallucinogen, or any of the other Twisted artists are. If that makes me a criminal then I guess I'm a criminal. So if you plan on doing something about it then go ahead. 

It's not a matter of being smart enough to find it.  I thought it would be much easier and faster to just ask you guys for a link so I didn't have to look.  If you don't want to share it then that's fine maybe that makes you feel special. I will find it anyway. 

You can cry and retaliate against this post, and I'm sure someone here is going to want to real bad, but like I said before, I don't care. 

I'm off to go save some homeless people with davinox.  Us criminals need something to spend our money on.

267508[/snapback]

Good for you man & yes I too will be buying when it finally comes to my record store. Knowing the psy-selection at my stores or lack therof it should come out right when hell freezes over. Downloading is how I got into psy in the 1st place & in the last 2 years of looking at the local records stores I have bought all 2 psy albums they actually had & I simply can't afford to use the online stores so downloading is pretty much all I have for now so bite me. Oh & I don't know where your from but downloading isn't illegal here.

I'm from the good old USA and it's pretty illegal here. Ever since Metallica made a big stink about Napster there have been lawsuits off and on against downloaders. I'm pretty sure it would score you some jail time if you got caught, however I'm not sure how they can legally examine what is on your computer without breaking some privacy laws. It's probably some new hidden law in the Patriot Act.

I found the album online, very quickly. In fact it was the first link under a google search I did. If it's good, and I can find it locally, or on amazon for a reasonable price I will be buying it. I still want a Shpongle SACD, but I guess a regular CD will have to do.

I agree with all you guys that don't like the electric guitars and the DJ scratching sound or whatever that it. Very unshpongle like in my opinion, but then again, there are tons of Shpongle songs I thought I would hate when I first heard them; now I love them. So I guess I'll just have to listen to this one for a couple of days and see how it plays out. There's still atleast 2 weeks before I would be able to get a real copy anyway and after the constant delays from Twisted I'm not waiting anymore.

Now, it's time to go enjoy Shpongle on my new JM Labs. You guys with boom boxes are sure missing out :P