Shpongle 3 - Nothing lasts but nothing is lost

MattMan

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well STOP listening to them so that the server lets me in! :D

OMG I made it! Nothing lasts playing...

This does not sound promising. Agggh... low quality samples, low quality samples, they don't tell me anything about the actual track, nothing at all... :unsure:

I will wait until the CD is here with me before listening more, I don't want to spoil the fun or give myself bad impressions of the tracks. :ph34r:

God help me if this turns out to be another I'm The Supervisor. <_<

:blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :ph34r:  :blink:

266375[/snapback]

I didn't like the sample I heard.

But low quality samples detract from it all. Perhaps the magic was lost in the compression? Yes, that must be it.

Evil compression. :ph34r:

ive only got in to play 2 tracks so far, the first one i played was falling awake and i was thinking "what is this shit".

i should say i HATE the second album, i think ive listened to the second album twice and ive listened to are you shpongled at least 1500 times.

...But nothing is lost is real shpongle music, that clipped fucking rocked.

OK, OK, I couldn't resist trying another one. And yeah, Circuits Of The Imagination sounds more like good ol' Shpongle. Seems great.

Now for rolling thumbs until next tuesday. :)

Huh, I think there was like 10 topics about new Shpongle album in past few months...

It turned out to be that they are most popular group around....

STOP MAKING THREADS ABOUT SHPONGLE !

It's boring !

Sorry MattMan, but there are no other topics in General than Shpongle...

I agree...

and I REALLY HOPE THE ALBUM TURNS OUT TO BE SHIT, CHEESY AND COMMERCIAL AND THAT IT WILL DISSAPOINT ALL YOU GUYS WHO HAVE CREATED A TOPIC ABOUT THIS ALBUM

;)

I found a Shpongle track called Beja Flor on Limewire. I didn't think it was from the new album, I just assumed it was some unreleased track that never made it to an album. Now that I'm listening to these samples, it seems as though the first three tracks are the song beja flor. Is this true? Why split it up into 3 minute clips instead of the traditional 9 minute Shpongle song.

based on the samples this shpongle album seems very different. i have a feeling it will be hit or miss for most people. while there are some things it has in common with the older shpongle albums i think the overall sound is going ina different direction.

personally i think its a good thing, how many more ambient shpongle tracks could we take before we got bored?

I don't think I'm gonna bother tainting my preconceptions with shitty quality samples. Why bother? I know I'll get this anyway, and I'd rather hear it for the first time under the most favorable circumstances.