Shpongle 3 - Nothing lasts but nothing is lost

MattMan

Ok then, let's discuss the album.

I have 2 questions:

What do you guys think of the "shortness" of every track, instead of having fewer, longer tracks?

What do you think about

The stamen of the shaman, Circuits Of The Imagination, linguistic mystic and mentalism? (preferably played in that order ;) )

267885[/snapback]

sort of feels like it's 7 or 8 long tracks.. mixed together real well

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you have no right to EVER EVER f'ing discuss the ethics of music downloading on here EVER again, for fuck sake.  The reason I noticed you in the first place was because of your staunch stance on on music downloading... now to hear you say "it's okay for exceptions".... what a load of crap.

Just keep your mouth shut in the future... 

-ensign

ps - we know you must have lost your twisted privileges

pps - i (and most others) dont  give a flying fuck who paid for/download it, so stop posting about it, everyone =)  let's discuss the quality of the album!

267858[/snapback]

fuck fuck fuck

dloading is just fine as long as you don't grow yourself a fucking terabyte collection of mp3s and never actually buy the stuff you like. really where the hell is the harm? i see none. don't you tell me what to do you fucking swede!! (can you feel the hate :) )

you fucking swede!! (can you feel the hate :) )

267902[/snapback]

Ensign isn't swedish. I thought so too earlier. Wonder why?

third shpongle album... first impressions... This is a purely psychedelic journey from start to end!! not cheeze at all!! i Find the atmosphere of this album pretty dark compared to the other albums. For you who thought this would be "commercial" thought wrong!! On the cover u can almost feel the intensity of the shpongle mask's eyes that this will be a more serious journey into darker landscapes.

sometimes i even got feelings like i was on a threshold psychedelic experience!!!! very visual and mystical!! well there are some very blissfull moments too!! but i just feel shpongle took another direction... there is more playfulness and sometimes little cheeze in the other albums.. but this is more like a deeper mystical journey of discovery!! shpongle is again, going a different direction, evolving, exloring new possibilities.. and i like it! there is less ethnic stuff in this third album, and i agree i missed it a bit, but perhaps simon felt that he had to do something new.. hence the title, nothing lasts.. not even the happy ethnic shpongle sound..

or perhaps he just used up all of his great ethnic sample cd's already :lol:

as for the sample use thingie.. many people have been dissapointed saying shpongle is only sample stealers, that they dont have any talent and cant really do a thing by themselves... they should try to say that again after taking a closer listening to nothing lasts !! This is one of the tightest productions i've ever heard!!

i thought the nothing last thingy was because this is the last shpongle album.. which sure would suck sleazy prostitute ass..

imagine no new shpongle tunes ever again :(

267940[/snapback]

Yeah, it IS the last Shpongle. Simon said that in an interview. :(

01. Shpongle - Botanical Dimensions (4:51)

02. Shpongle - Outer Shpongolia (2:42)

03. Shpongle - Levitation Nation (3:22)

04. Shpongle - Periscopes Of Consciousness (1:46)

05. Shpongle - Schmaltz Herring (2:16)

06. Shpongle - Nothing Lasts (4:16)

07. Shpongle - Schnitzl'd In The Negev (4:02)

08. Shpongle - ...But Nothing Is Lost (4:25)

09. Shpongle - When Shall I Be Free (4:46)

10. Shpongle - The Stamen Of The Shaman (4:03)

11. Shpongle - Circuits Of The Imagination (3:13)

12. Shpongle - Linguistic Mystic (1:39)

13. Shpongle - Mentalism (2:47)

14. Shpongle - Invocation (2:57)

15. Shpongle - Molecular Superstructure (4:51)

16. Shpongle - Turn Up The Silence (3:21)

17. Shpongle - Exhalation (2:26)

18. Shpongle - Connoisseur Of Hallucination (3:32)

19. Shpongle - The Nebbish Route (3:45)

20. Shpongle - Falling Awake (1:54)

That's what the .cue says... but everybody knows they are screwed up. There are no tracks, the whole album is mixed - samples come, samples go.. samples come back :) Anyway, this a marvelous album and everybody should own it!

I'm actually not sure if I really like it yet. It is so different from what I have expected and from all other Shpongle songs. I think I wish the overall album was alittle more trippy and less straight forward music. I miss the flickering and weird sounds, there seems to be a shortage of weird sounds on this album. Another thing I really don't like is the singing. I liked the singing in Once Upon A Sea... but I don't really like the singing as much in this album. I do like some of the Middle Eastern sounding singing and music, I'm not really sure if it's middle eastern though. Does anyone know what language that is? I'm talking about whatever track is playing around 45:30 (mm:ss).

I think I'm still getting used to the songs. They are so different from what I've listened to before I think I need time to adjust. I noticed the tracks don't seem to peak as much as they used to. Usually in older Shpongle songs there is a noticeable peak that is usually the best part of the song. I think the peaks of the new Shpongle songs, if there are any, are shorter and less noticeable. Maybe this is because of the mix style of the album and the shorter song length. There are definitely parts that I like, it isn't a bad album, but I think I prefer the drifting back and floating kind of feeling I get from older Shpongle songs. This album seems more active but I don't know, I'm confused.

Of course it's Shpongle though, so I'm going to give it every chance to be good :D Someone pass me the bong.

Does burnign the .cue file onto the CD with the CDDA audio allow for skipping between songs? Is the .cue file on bittorent?

whoa.. 8 pages about the new shpongle and i've so far managed to miss the whole thread.. :) didn't even know about it being leaked.

anyways.. downloading now, gonna be some great evening listening. still got my pre-order at cdon.com so hopefully i'll get the real thing sometime soon. thanks for the good torrent site link, didn't know about this place before.. getting the stuff at about 100kb/sec which is a good rate for me ;)

i disagree, i think it is more psychedelic than ever.. and darker.. but maybe thats just me :) okay it is a bummer that they didnt use more ethnic elements.. i really liked those in the previous albums.

I'm actually not sure if I really like it yet.  It is so different from what I have expected and from all other Shpongle songs.  I think I wish the overall album was alittle more trippy and less straight forward music. I miss the flickering and weird sounds, there seems to be a shortage of weird sounds on this album.  Another thing I really don't like is the singing.  I liked the singing in Once Upon A Sea... but I don't really like the singing as much in this album.  I do like some of the Middle Eastern sounding singing and music, I'm not really sure if it's middle eastern though.  Does anyone know what language that is? I'm talking about whatever track is playing around 45:30 (mm:ss).

I think I'm still getting used to the songs.  They are so different from what I've listened to before I think I need time to adjust. I noticed the tracks don't seem to peak as much as they used to.  Usually in older Shpongle songs there is a noticeable peak that is usually the best part of the song. I think the peaks of the new Shpongle songs, if there are any, are shorter and less noticeable. Maybe this is because of the mix style of the album and the shorter song length. There are definitely parts that I like, it isn't a bad album, but I think I prefer the drifting back and floating kind of feeling I get from older Shpongle songs. This album seems more active but I don't know, I'm confused.

Of course it's Shpongle though, so I'm going to give it every chance to be good  :D  Someone pass me the bong.

Does burnign the .cue file onto the CD with the CDDA audio allow for skipping between songs? Is the .cue file on bittorent?

268071[/snapback]

I'd love to but I won't be home on Saturday.  Someone record it for me so I can download it later  :P

268195[/snapback]

remember guys, you can't keep milking the cow without feeding it.

support what you love or watch it slowly die. the choice is yours.

no actions are without consequence.