Shpongle 3 - Nothing lasts but nothing is lost

MattMan

Man, yu guys are sooooo sad... the "I'll download it now and buy it later" stoyr is the biggest load of shit... you've already downloaded it! By doing so you are condoning the practice, and whether you buy the album or not, its too late, you've commited the crime (and it is a crime).... anyway... I'm really dissapointed in Traveller, what an idiot... I'm sure Simon would be real proud of you mate!

267463[/snapback]

I already ordered it. Paid for it. So it's MINE, and it's LEGAL for me to download it. Simple.

But I don't know if I'll listen to it. I don't like spoiling my fun... but still.. AAARGH!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual, the June 6th "World-wide Release" doesn't apply to Japan where it is already in the record shops. Just picked up my copy 20 minutes ago at Tower Records (even though I pre-ordered it too). Just started but I'm liking it so far.

oh and I can happily say this as I've spent over $4000 US on psytrance andove $2000 us on non psy music, and I never ever ever have downloadeda single song that was not directly offered by the musician... and I never will.

267503[/snapback]

I've spent roughly $10000 US on psytrance and $3000 on non psy music. A lot of it thanks to downloads. I don't buy ANYTHING before I've heard it completely, there's just too much crap out there. Because the labels fail to provide adequate previews I'm forced to download music inorder to preview it. Thanks to downloads I've discovered tons of new music I would never have heard. I download almost everything people recommend to me, if it's good I'll buy it, if it's bad I delete it. The consequence of this is that my record selection is becoming more varied at the expense of psytrance, but my total record buying cost is increasing.

The music download phenomenon is not as black and white as you describe it.

especially considering the fact that not only are you condoning the use of BT to get albums beforehand, but you are also aiding and abetting BY using BT, b\c your d/l time is also used to share it to other ppl who may/may not buy the album.  im not saying i have any prob w\ this... just very amused considering your history of file share bashing.  Seems that as soon as you are out of the loop for new pre-releases, you give in to the apple that we've all been eating from.  the snake approves.

-ensign

267388[/snapback]

I know I'm a downloading scum.. couldn't help myself it's Shpongle for fuck sake

Man, yu guys are sooooo sad... the "I'll download it now and buy it later" stoyr is the biggest load of shit... you've already downloaded it! By doing so you are condoning the practice, and whether you buy the album or not, its too late, you've commited the crime (and it is a crime).... anyway... I'm really dissapointed in Traveller, what an idiot... I'm sure Simon would be real proud of you mate!

267463[/snapback]

. <- is how much I care what you think

I'm from the good old USA and it's pretty illegal here.  Ever since Metallica made a big stink about Napster there have been lawsuits off and on against downloaders.  I'm pretty sure it would score you some jail time if you got caught, however I'm not sure how they can legally examine what is on your computer without breaking some privacy laws.  It's probably some new hidden law in the Patriot Act.

The music download lawsuits in the US are, as I understand it, orchestrated by the cooperation of the major labels through the RIAA. The psytrance labels are not part of this organisation. RIAA focus on the major top 50 releases of its members, not small genre music like psytrance. The proof of illegal downloads are gathered by the RIAA and then sent to the police. It's not the police that are monitoring filesharing networks for illegal downloads. I'm sure you can download Shpongle without any fear of prosecution.

I still want a Shpongle SACD, but I guess a regular CD will have to do.

That would be just lovely, or even better DVD AUDIO!

I already ordered it. Paid for it. So it's MINE, and it's LEGAL for me to download it. Simple.

No, it's not that simple.

It's legal for you to download it (you're a Swedish resident, right?), but it's not legal for you to share it, and that's exactly what you're doing when you use bittorrent. If I understand your argument against downloads correct it's focused on the illegal sharing of artists hardwork rather than the actual download, and by downloading the new Shpongle album via bittorrent that's exactly what you've done.

Posford and Raja Ram are probably crying in their jacuzzi's this very minute.

But I don't know if I'll listen to it. I don't like spoiling my fun... but still.. AAARGH!

267568[/snapback]

If you don't have a good setup I doubt you'll be able to hear any difference.

Guest The Journey Man Project

it's pretty black and white to me... you have a choice of supporting piracy or you don't... if you can;t be bothered going to www.saikosounds.com and listenig to 2 - 4 minute long sample then there is a problem, because that is plenty of time to tell if it is good... nothing is free in this world.

Guest The Journey Man Project

Traveller, just the resonse I'd expect from a person who condones piracy ;) even further confirms that people who download stuff that they should be paying for have 0 conscience... it's a shame that somebody I thought would've supported all artits through buying was just full of shit the whole time.

Traveller, just the resonse I'd expect from a person who condones piracy ;) even further confirms that people who download stuff that they should be paying for have 0 conscience... it's a shame that somebody I thought would've supported all artits through buying was just full of shit the whole time.

267643[/snapback]

oh fuck off i buy me records and very very rarely download something. twisted could have posted some samples fucking months before hand, but they chose not to. instead they delayed this album from late 2003 on..

you have no fucking idea how much this music means to me, i don't think i've ever waited anything this much..

it's pretty black and white to me... you have a choice of supporting piracy or you don't... if you can;t be bothered going to www.saikosounds.com and listenig to 2 - 4 minute long sample then there is a problem, because that is plenty of time to tell if it is good... nothing is free in this world.

267640[/snapback]

You forgot to mention that it's 2-4 minute long low quality samples. I tend to preview at Saiko Sounds or Psyshop, and if it sounds interesting I'll download it, but most of the time it turns out to be yet another boring cut and paste release. I used to buy records based on these short previews, but there were just too many let downs.

Fact remains, if the labels provided good quality samples I would not be forced to download.

You can't disable sharing, that's how the bittorrent protocol works. It's a communist protocol.  :P

267660[/snapback]

eh depends what client you be using then cos with bitcomet you can share 0kbps

I'll download it big time when i find the time...!!If i like it i might buy it....don't think so thou....!! Honestly, i don't really give a shit about legal issues etc....!! Since it's been given to me...i'm taking it....!!

Couple of years ago...in a TIP party here in Athens.....i had a long talking with Raja and Dimitri backstage....!! Eventually i told them i hardly ever buy any cds and i d/l lots....!! I even told to Raja that i've d/led all his Shpongle music and most of his own....apart from 2 TIP comps...!! You know what his answer was...???

"I don't mind if people d/l my music....i don't mind if i don't really sell lots of cds in Greece....i make lots of money from selling my music in parties....!! People will never stop buying anyway....Greece is not a big market for psy and people here won't buy something since they can find it free...!!"

He even told me he's d/l music he's interested in....!! SO....since i have the official ok from the producer.....I'll d/l the album later on....!! Plus....as i said before....Shpongle are the only ones who wont suffer if i don't buy their cd.....!!

;)

I'll download it big time when i find the time...!!If i like it i might buy it....don't think so thou....!! Honestly, i don't really give a shit about legal issues etc....!! Since it's been given to me...i'm taking it....!!

Couple of years ago...in a TIP party here in Athens.....i had a long talking with Raja and Dimitri backstage....!! Eventually i told them i hardly ever buy any cds and i d/l lots....!! I even told to Raja that i've d/led all his Shpongle music and most of his own....apart from 2 TIP comps...!! You know what his answer was...???

"I don't mind if people d/l my music....i don't mind if i don't really sell lots of cds in Greece....i make lots of money from selling my music in parties....!! People will never stop buying anyway....Greece is not a big market for psy and people here won't buy something since they can find it free...!!"

He even told me he's d/l music he's interested in....!! SO....since i have the official ok from the producer.....I'll d/l the album later on....!! Plus....as i said before....Shpongle are the only ones who wont suffer if i don't buy their cd.....!!

;)

267673[/snapback]

Yeh but still it's a crime against humanity itself not to buy this glorius piece of art :D

Yeh but still it's a crime against humanity itself not to buy this glorius piece of art :D

267676[/snapback]

I'll take that post under serious cosideration, and i'll buy it....!! But first i have to listen to it a bit....cause you're a Shpongle junkie and you're not 100% objective on that...!!

:P

Yep, the whole thing is awesome.

And with piracy: It's easy. First of all, I don't have second thoughts about downloading music, when it comes to the artist's economy er supporting piracy. If it weren't for p2p programs, I would never have even heard of Twisted, or psytrance for that matter, and now I own a lot of the CD's theyve released. And yes, I am going to buy shpongle3. No matter how crazy it sounds..

267568[/snapback]

No, Cinos, it is not "legal" for you to download it, because as you are downloading, you are also assisting others who did not/will not pay for it.

-ensign

I know I'm a downloading scum.. couldn't help myself it's Shpongle for fuck sake

267623[/snapback]

Then you have no right to EVER EVER f'ing discuss the ethics of music downloading on here EVER again, for fuck sake. The reason I noticed you in the first place was because of your staunch stance on on music downloading... now to hear you say "it's okay for exceptions".... what a load of crap.

Just keep your mouth shut in the future...

-ensign

ps - we know you must have lost your twisted privileges

pps - i (and most others) dont give a flying fuck who paid for/download it, so stop posting about it, everyone =) let's discuss the quality of the album!

No, Cinos, it is not "legal" for you to download it, because as you are downloading, you are also assisting others who did not/will not pay for it.

-ensign

267856[/snapback]

I won't be in the future.

Ok then, let's discuss the album.

I have 2 questions:

What do you guys think of the "shortness" of every track, instead of having fewer, longer tracks?

What do you think about

The stamen of the shaman, Circuits Of The Imagination, linguistic mystic and mentalism? (preferably played in that order ;) )