Shpongle 3 - Nothing lasts but nothing is lost

MattMan

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why would it be a rip off? there are 20 songs....if every 3 songs= one regular shpongle song then thats alittle less then 7 songs. are you shpongled has 7 songs on it.

i think the track names are pretty much pointless and are just there as a way of breaking up the continous mix alittle better, so it would be easier to skip parts you didnt like or skip to your favorite parts without fast forwarding.

I think it's a slight rip off to put already released track that is even nothing special on their new album, after years of waiting...That's all...but I hope that it would be rather good, but if first 3 tracks are Beija Flor then it is similar style to Tales which I wasn't expecting... <_<

I think it's a slight rip off to put already released track that is even nothing special on their new album, after years of waiting...That's all...but I hope that it would be rather good, but if first 3 tracks are Beija Flor then it is similar style to Tales which I wasn't expecting... <_<

266675[/snapback]

No, nothing like Tales! Listen to the other samples.

266675[/snapback]

Rumours Of Vapours and Behind Closed Eyelids were both released prior to Are You Shpongled?, noone complained about that because those tunes belonged on that album for sure. I'm sure it will be the same with the great Beija Flor tune.

Fluoro Neuro Sponge and LSD were released prior to Twisted.

Trancespotter and Deranger were also released prior to The Lone Deranger.

I rather have one or two great previously released tunes that fits the album, then one or two disjointed fillers, and seeing as it is Posford we're talking about I'm sure it's going to be all great stuff.

I personally love this cd and think it was totally worth the wait, every track has it's own thing going on and they all kick ass, Posford always takes a long time but it's obvious he wants everything to be perfect, the description on Psyshop dosn't give enough praise.

Burn you evil downloader.  :angry:

Or in case you got a promo copy - OK. Sounds good.  ;)

266754[/snapback]

If the milk turns out to be sour, downloading is the best option anyway! :)

Burn you evil downloader.  :angry:

266754[/snapback]

Yes, I'm going to burn the album to a cd-rw and listen to it on my surround setup. If it's good, and I'm sure it will be, I'll buy it.

I hope you will find it worth waiting for your copy to arrive sometime next week, mean while I'll be playing it on repeat.

Now I'm off to listen to some new Shpongle, see you later...

Yes, I'm going to burn the album to a cd-rw and listen to it on my surround setup. If it's good, and I'm sure it will be, I'll buy it.

I hope you will find it worth waiting for your copy to arrive sometime next week, mean while I'll be playing it on repeat.

Now I'm off to listen to some new Shpongle, see you later...

266769[/snapback]

Who gets higher quality, punk? :D

Listened through the album 3 times now. I must say this is not dissapointing me at all. It's top notch, and I got goosebumps 3 times during the album. The tracks 1-9 are all amazing, then the 10 - 13 are just "OK", and then 14-20 are all good stuff again. :)

First impression:

Simply amazing! There's clicks and bleeps, morphing and shifting sounds and tweaked voices everywhere. The transition between tracks and the overall flow is excellent. There are tons of influences and variation among and in the tracks and still it doesn't feel unfocused. The sound quality is very sharp and crisp and it's a treat to listen to the album on a good surround setup. This is Shpongle all the way, so don't worry, you'll feel at home and at the same time you'll discover lots of new things: there are melodies, instruments and vibes that aren't the typical posfordian but executed with the typical excellence, care of detail and talent of Posford. The album ends a bit abruptly though. It's both an internal and external experience, and you'll have lots of flashbacks from start to finish.

Another masterpiece really.

Cut and paste from Twisted.co.uk:

"shpongle 3 nothing lasts is available now for pre order from the twisted online ordering page for a reduced price of £12.00 UKP. all pre orders will be shipped next friday 27th MAy 2005.

worldwide release date is 06.06.05. buy it from twisted now and have it 2 weeks before any shops!"

None of them work for me!!!!  :blink:

266826[/snapback]

Just try again and again and again, they WILL work sooner or later. Happened to me.

Just try again and again and again, they WILL work sooner or later. Happened to me.

266828[/snapback]

OH YES!! :D some worked!

I just realised that I've heard some of these before at the Earthcore Afterparty! wow, sweet memories, funny I recognised them so easily. :lol:

what a joyful moment

--Is that Raja's flute in Mentalism? about time. he's absent from 5 of these tracks so far :huh:

--As I listen to each sample, i think to myself.. CMON!! you have so much to live up to! GET BETTER!! :(

-- OMG exhalation! flute solo!! :lol:

On 2005-05-25 02:02, hallucinogen wrote:

OK, here's the shpongle news: we are hopefully getting finished copies in the Twisted Office on thursday.... they will be sent out on friday to distributors, and the people that have pre-ordered it on the twisted website...

i hope you like it - we worked very hard on it, and it was made with love... so Thank You to everyone who actually buys it! x x x

Anyways I couldn't help myself. I downloaded it. It's everything I expected, majestical to the very last beat. I'll be getting myself a real copy asap

B)

Anyways I couldn't help myself. I downloaded it. It's everything I expected, majestical to the very last beat. I'll be getting myself a real copy asap

B)

266862[/snapback]

Im doing the same! Hope the cd arrives in Aus. in under 2 weeks ;)

- THE NEBBISH ROUTE ohh no, please no Simon, dont put record/LP dj spinning sound in there :o:(:ph34r:

edit: OOHHH NO!!! electric guitarsss noooooo

Im doing the same! Hope the cd arrives in Aus. in under 2 weeks  ;)

- THE NEBBISH ROUTE ohh no, please no Simon, dont put record/LP dj spinning sound in there  :o  :(  :ph34r:

edit: OOHHH NO!!! electric guitarsss noooooo

266867[/snapback]

That's the track with the nicest title, so it can't be bad.

AND GOD DAMN IT. I'll have to download that damn thing too... but I want to wait until I get the full quality tracks... but I want to hear it... :(

Hey... wait a minute... this isn't on bittorrent yet. So where the hell do you get it? What weird programs do you use? You DO realize BT is the best?

Hey... wait a minute... this isn't on bittorrent yet. So where the hell do you get it? What weird programs do you use? You DO realize BT is the best?

266882[/snapback]

Not on bittorrent yet?

It's available on the biggest torrent site: Pirate Bay.

That's the track with the nicest title, so it can't be bad.

AND GOD DAMN IT. I'll have to download that damn thing too... but I want to wait until I get the full quality tracks... but I want to hear it...  :(

266882[/snapback]

I'm downloading it now

If you have ordered the album... i just might tell you

:rolleyes: